Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:)

Hi, my name is Holly, and I am scheduled for surgery February 13, 2006 with Dr. Steward in Topeka. I am very excited and scared at the same time. I have been reading your posts for about a week and have gotten lots of great info., but I need more. If you can answer any of my questions, I would REALLY appreciate it;-)

My surgery is on Monday. I have parent teacher conferences on Thursday. Basically, I will be sitting and talking from 9am to 7 pm. Will this work? Do you think I can do this? I will then be off from Friday - Sunday.

Next, I have to go to inservice two weeks after surgery out of town. My best friend is going and knows about the procedure, the others going do not. By then I will be on mushies. Any suggestions on a "sack" lunch as lunch is provided at the conference. Also, is this too soon to go and will the others know?

Are you starving the first six weeks?

I guess I mainly want to know how did you feel and when did you feel "normal" again?

I am self pay, and need to lose about 110 pounds. The weight loss seems so slow. Do you think I can reach my goal?

Do you have to have fills for the rest of your life or does your band eventually receive the ultimate fill?

My husband an parents are very supportive. I have 5 and 2 year old girls. Do I tell the 5 year old?

I know that this is a super long post, but any responses will be very much appreciated. This site is addictive!!!

Thanks, Holly

My surgery is on Monday. I have parent teacher conferences on Thursday. Basically, I will be sitting and talking from 9am to 7 pm. Will this work? Do you think I can do this? It really all depends on you. There is no way I was up to doing something that simple... the anethesia did a number on me. I was out of it for 1 week.

Also, is this too soon to go and will the others know? Again, this depends on you. As to others knowing... if anyone questions your eating, tell them you had to have your gall bladder removed or something and you are on a special diet for a few days.

Are you starving the first six weeks? I have not been starving since I had my surgery 2 months ago. You will have head hunger and think you need to eat... but do not eat unless your body is telling you that you are hungry. Make sure to get in your Protein and you should be fine.

I guess I mainly want to know how did you feel and when did you feel "normal" again? I felt normal again maybe at 3 weeks. After the swelling had gone down and I had somewhat learned how to eat properly.

Do you think I can reach my goal? I KNOW you can reach your goal, and you will get there even faster if you stay away from junk and sugar. Drink tons of Water and just eat healthy period.

Do you have to have fills for the rest of your life or does your band eventually receive the ultimate fill? Some Dr.'s give different fills. You will have to find your "sweet spot". My Dr. said that if you start getting hungry sooner and don't lose for 4 weeks, you might need a fill.

Do I tell the 5 year old? I personally would not tell the 5 year old, unless you don't care that everyone knows. My sis is 7 and she overheard us talking and I really get nervous that she will slip up and tell my aunts and uncles or even anyone. That is completely up to you though. I just told my sister that I had surgery to help me get skinny!!! :confused:

GOOD LUCK AND CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE!!!