Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Turbo Fire or Slim In 6???

I want to start a new fitness program. Trying to decide between Turbo Fire or Slim in 6. Both are beachbody products. I have about 55 more lbs to lose. I also want something that will really tone up my thighs. Help!!!

I haven't done the Slim in 6 series but hear it's good. When I'm well enough (been too sick to work out beyond just walking lately) I do Turbo Fire, ChaLEAN Extreme and P90X and love them all. Do you do weights at all? I've found that Turbo Fire on its own does more for my upper body than my lower whereas ChaLEAN Extreme is really good for overall body toning (and it's not really just toning - you will put on some serious lean muscle doing CE. And P90X for that matter, but if you don't weight train I'd recommend a round of CE first and then hit the P90X.) I like the hybrid of TF and CE myself. :D

Thanks for the advice! I have a lot of toning to do on my legs. I don't really do weights unless it's a part of the exercise video I happen to be doing then I usually do 3 lb weights. I used to be much better at working out but then kind of got out of it over the summer and now I want to get back into the groove!!!

Thanks for the advice! I have a lot of toning to do on my legs. I don't really do weights unless it's a part of the exercise video I happen to be doing then I usually do 3 lb weights. I used to be much better at working out but then kind of got out of it over the summer and now I want to get back into the groove!!!

You can tone up your lower body with just squats, lunges etc. but if you do them with weights you'll get killer definition a lot quicker. ChaLEAN Extreme might be something worth checking out. The weight lifting is three days a week, heavy weights, fewer reps and you really do get results and (from my experience) you feel fantastic when you start getting lots of definition. I LOVE the feeling of my shoulders, legs, etc. etc. getting hard and defined, and just love feeling strong in general. :D When I first started CE I was lifting a max. of 15lbs (per arm, 30lbs total) working my lower body and by the end I was lifting up to 35lbs (70lbs total) when doing lower body work (weighted lunges, squats etc.) and I didn't bulk up. I actually lost 40lbs and 41 inches overall doing my first round of CE.

The CE program also comes with cardio and a schedule of when to do what. I sing its praises because it really does work but if weight lifting really isn't for you Turbo Fire is a good program if your fitness level (and coordination) are there. There are the work outs and then a breakdown of the routines so you aren't thrown right into it. It's a lot of fun and a hell of a work out too!

I am a BIG BeachBody junkie, always getting suckered into buying their latest dvd sets. I used to do Turbo Jams (which is very similar to Turbo Fire- both by Chalene) faithfully until I grew tired of them . I lost A LOT of inches too. If I were to go back to doing dvd's (gym rat now) I would definately choose Turbo Fire over Slim in 6. I have spoken to several ladies that have SLim in 6 and all have the same opinion, that it's boring and the music is bad. A good friend of mine said she would have to play her Ipod over the dvd and tune it out in order to finish the workout.