Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill tomorrow!

Any other January bandsters have their first fill yet? I'm nervous about tomorrow and hope it won't be a difficult process. I have the embarrassing situation that I didn't even know where my port was...I thought it was in one spot but when I went for my 2nd nutritional session, the dietician said usually they are in a different spot and when I started feeling around I realized she was right! Oops! Anyway, would love to have some of you to share the experience with so let me know when you are getting your fills. :)

Julie

Any other January bandsters have their first fill yet? I'm nervous about tomorrow and hope it won't be a difficult process. I have the embarrassing situation that I didn't even know where my port was...I thought it was in one spot but when I went for my 2nd nutritional session, the dietician said usually they are in a different spot and when I started feeling around I realized she was right! Oops! Anyway, would love to have some of you to share the experience with so let me know when you are getting your fills. :)

Julie

hi julie!

my first fill is scheduled for the 28th (i''m nervous already)!

Consider yourself lucky that you were unaware where your port is~~~ I DEFINITELY know where mine is... and it hurts like the dickens!!! It 'smooshes' :unsure: when I bend over to get dressed/put on shoes/pick things up... and I hate that part!!! A bit disturbing that I can feel it so well... but hey, hopefully that means that accessing it will be easy!:P

Let us know how it goes!

Just got back a little while ago. It wasn't too bad. Apparently I had 1.5 cc in there already and they added 1.5 cc more so now I have 3 cc in a 10 cc band. I guess I'm lucky I haven't had any trouble or tenderness with my port and when the nurse was prodding around a bit to figure out the orientation it didn't bother me at all. The needle actually going in was a bit uncomfortable...there was kind of a "pop" when it went in the right spot but it was over fairly quickly. Now I'm on liquids for the rest of the day, puree's tomorrow and solids the day after that. I really hope I will start to feel some restriction...otherwise, 4 weeks til the next fill.

Julie

hi julie, i wont have my first fill until the 28th,i am a little nervous,but it cant be all that bad

Hi there! I go in for my first fill on Tuesday. I was banded jan. 17. I am scared as well. I really don't know where my port is either. I can't stand to feel around for it. Gross! I am getting discouraged though because I don't feel like I'm losing any more wt. I lost total of 30 lbs. I need to lose much more. I feel like I can eat anything right now with no restriction. It is hard. Feels like I have to diet all the time. Hope it will be better after my first fill. Let me know how yours went. Take care. :)

Wow, everyone on here has lost more weight than I have; it gets slightly discouraging....since I lost most of mine from just the pre-op Protein Shakes. Oh well....BUT, on the bright side my doctor told me that I am on track and DO NOT want to lose too fast; due to terrible sagging skin and all.....which I agree!! She told me that she put in 5 cc on my first fill....evidently there was nothing in there at the start; still do not know what restriction feels like; Does that mean you are NOT hungry???....cause I seem to be hungry too much. Trying hard with my own will power most of the time. Banded on Jan 18th.----but only lost 27 lbs. Still sore and bruised where my port is. Hi from AZ. God Bless~

So how did the fill go??? My doctor had me stand up an she felt hard through a large bruise on my tummy....but I nearly passed out.....the long skinny needle really didn't bother me at all though; it was just her pressing into my Sore port area. So how did your Dr do the fill???? Plus mine did not numb me at all....others have mentioned laying down AND skin numbing.

I was lying down for the fill, no numbing. I get my next fill next week...having a hard time this week with poor food choices. It's hard when there is no restriction; I guess that's why they call it bandster hell. :(

had my first fill yesterday... i'll keep you all updated. the only weird part to me was the needle coming out... I was not too scared about the needle going in

moving on to mushies tonight.. can't wait I have to say the liquids after the first fill i can't tell about any restiction. I have to say I felt some restriction post surgery. I don;t know if that was mental or really physical... anyone have this feeling?

I think that post surgery your stomach is swollen...I had the same thing for at least 8 days. Then poof, the swelling was gone and I was hungry. I hope you have some restriction when you get back to food :)

Second fill tomorrow! Hoping for restriction!