Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am trying to find the strength to get through the pain. I am only 3 days post op. I find myself regretting what I have done. I have alot of pain on my left side and I can feel like I can feel the band. It is so different. If any of you have any advice please share. Any tricks that made you feel a little better. The pressure is the worst for me right now..

Thanks!

YOU MAY NOT WANT TO HEAR THIS BUT HANG IN THERE I THOUGHT THE SAME THING WHEN I CAME HOME "WHAT HAD I DONE" BUT GIVE IT A FEW DAYS AND I PROMISE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER. IF NOT DONT HESITATE TO CALL YOUR SURGEON, HANG IN THERE :rolleyes:

I have heard some take Gas X to help with gas pains. Also heating pads have been said to help a little. Walking has been the number one suggestion even if it hurts and doesnt feel good. Im also on day 3 but luckily havent had anything too unbearable. I have been attempting to walk at least for 5-10 mins every hour and have taken some gas x afterwards if i was still feeling some pain. Good Luck. I think the regret thing is something almost everyone feels for a short time afterwards when experiencing that pain. Maybe you doctor's office has someone to help with even more suggestions or be able to advise you to try something else.

I am trying to find the strength to get through the pain. I am only 3 days post op. I find myself regretting what I have done. I have alot of pain on my left side and I can feel like I can feel the band. It is so different. If any of you have any advice please share. Any tricks that made you feel a little better. The pressure is the worst for me right now..

Thanks!

You probably don't want to hear this but the best thing you can do is to get up and move around. After my c-section 18 years ago and my lap band surgery, I healed very quickly. My doctors felt a lot of it was due to the fact that I was up and moving which gets the blood circulating which helps with the healing. Make sure you're getting your Protein in...at least 60gm per day. It will also help with the healing.

It's pretty normal to feel the band at first but over time it settles in. I can still feel it but it's not as obvious as it was right after surgery.

It does get better...really. :)

Gas X strips did nothing for me. To relieve the pressure, I walked & walked around the house & i lived with the heating pad. That helped me greatly, especially at night. Seemed to keep it all moving. Here's a thought on the pain where the band might be...stop pressing to see if you feel it. LOL Seriously i laugh when i read this one because it reminds me of the joke that goes..."Doctor doctor, my finger hurts when i poke something. And the doctor goes...well stop poking things with it then". I do realize that might not be what you mean by feeling it though, but i just thought it a little funny tonight. No offense....hehe The band is in there, it isn't going anywhere. Things are swollen in there. They've been manipulated & pulled, banded and they need to heal.

Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks!

Thank you all for your encouraging words and advice. I am gonna try the Gas X. Never thought of it! I am up and moving as much as I can. It has been really uncomfortable for me today. I am trying to keep my eye on the prize!!

Thanks again

Gas X strips did nothing for me. To relieve the pressure, I walked & walked around the house & i lived with the heating pad. That helped me greatly, especially at night. Seemed to keep it all moving. Here's a thought on the pain where the band might be...stop pressing to see if you feel it. LOL Seriously i laugh when i read this one because it reminds me of the joke that goes..."Doctor doctor, my finger hurts when i poke something. And the doctor goes...well stop poking things with it then". I do realize that might not be what you mean by feeling it though, but i just thought it a little funny tonight. No offense....hehe The band is in there, it isn't going anywhere. Things are swollen in there. They've been manipulated & pulled, banded and they need to heal.

Hope you feel better soon!

No offence taken. I am not pressing on it. Its what I feel when I sit down. I get sharp pains and its really uncomfortable. I am gonna try the heating pad. I walk as much as I can. I constantly feel like I have to burp but nothing comes up. Thanks for your advice!

Keep taking your pain meds on schedule, as well. Don't wait until you feel the pain.

As others have said, move around as much as you can, it will get better. If something feels very wrong, call your doctor.

I know what you are going through!! The 3rd day was the WORST!! I too was regretting what I did to myself but day by day it WILL get better! I know your reading this right now thinking… “I don’t want to wait a few days!! I want this pain gone now and I want to feel normal again!” I know because that is what I was thinking on day 3! (To tell you the truth I was thinking I should just go back to the doctor and demand him to take it out!!) But I promise it will get better and you WILL get through this!! Don’t you dare give up! You are strong and you will feel normal again! I got banded on Jan 10, 2011 (Just 3 weeks ago!) and I feel normal again… I felt “normal” DAYS ago!! Hold your head high, you will feel like you again!!

I know what you are going through!! The 3rd day was the WORST!! I too was regretting what I did to myself but day by day it WILL get better! I know your reading this right now thinking… "I don't want to wait a few days!! I want this pain gone now and I want to feel normal again!" I know because that is what I was thinking on day 3! (To tell you the truth I was thinking I should just go back to the doctor and demand him to take it out!!) But I promise it will get better and you WILL get through this!! Don't you dare give up! You are strong and you will feel normal again! I got banded on Jan 10, 2011 (Just 3 weeks ago!) and I feel normal again… I felt "normal" DAYS ago!! Hold your head high, you will feel like you again!!

Thank you very much for your encouraging words. It means alot to hear that someone was feeling the same way I am. I am trying to hold my head high. It was a tough day today. I am on day 4. I had a hernia repaired and I am having the most uncomfortable pain from it. It still hurts to take deep breathes and I get this shooting pain in my left shoulder! I am taking th pain meds even though they are nasty (liquid vicodin.) Tonight I vomited. Only nothing came up. I belched alot. But felt really sweaty and dizzy! ?? Feel ok now. Just trying to take it one day at a time!!

I am finishing with day 4 as well and today just plain stunk.... I feel nauseous 24/7, burping like no tomorrow and can't sit for any period of time b/c of the pressure build up. I too feel like I can feel a knot under the skin on my right side and imagine its the band area...lol... but who knows. I drank my shake way too fast this morning and thought I was going to see it again for the rest of the day. I know I need to walk more but I am just plain tired (I have Fibromyalgia) anytime I feel a change I panic thinking somethings has gone wrong. LOL... tonight after I SLOWLY ate my yogurt all of a sudden I realize I don't feel half bad, I should have been relieved but nooooo I instantly think maybe the band has slipped or something. I think its hard dealing with something you can't see or feel except internally. Makes it harder mentally. We are a work in progress..... we have done the physical repair now its time for the hard part....doing the mental repair. If you want to talk I am usually on here late at night and we can compare who is the most miserable..... remember there are many others before us that have all been down this road and have made it and so are we.....

Hello how are you guys I got my band on 1/29/11 so today is my 5 or 6 day in an im feeling fine, Im moving slow but im off of my meds, it is just hard to move around an yes i still have some types of pains that are either gas or just my body saying something to me but i try to make sure i walk around the house, an everything an believe me when i was at my 3rd day i was like what the mess have i done did to my self but right now im fine so keep your head up an hopefully all stay well

:rolleyes: You guys aren't feeling your band, but you might be feeling your port. I can feel it under my skin. It was higher than I thought it would be, but I had scar tissue they had to work around too.

I slept (when I slept!) with a big pillow held against my stomach. I also agree for the gas that a shot of Maalox or anything else with simethicone BEFORE YOU EAT will pave the way for a better experience when you eat.

There is a medicine they make for colicky babies called Mylicon. We called it "joy juice" because my daughter wouldn't get real gassy when she ate. Same stuff I am talking about for us. It has really worked well for me.

Hi there. I too had the same experience. I wanted to burp so bad, was even jealous of people complaining about burping too much! But the pressure just kept building. I felt like a balloon being blown up. The 3rd-4th days were the worst. I was taking Gas x strips too, you can take up to 4 strips in a dose. I also took a stool softener as I think I was constipated so blocked both ways! I was one of those that HAD to keep taking my meds. I so wanted to be one of the lucky ones that when home a day or two in and I could just stop taking the medicine. Nope, I took the full dose every 4 hours or I was in agony. I realized that there was no point in being in pain, so just take them. I am about 8 days out now and feel so much better. About Day 5 I finally moved my bowels and oh oh oh did I feel better. Like the ballon got a slow leak and all the pressure slowly drained away. I still get the shoulder pain, especially at night, and I just take the meds to get rid of it. I walk around the house all the time. I can assure you that each day will get better now that you are over the hump. Good luck and you WILL get through.

Regarding feeling your band. My doctor told me in the hospital I was "a bit snug" so I could in fact feel my band. Every swallow of Water I could feel trickle through. Even now when I'm on mushies, I feel the food go through. But as my band site is healing it is not so painful. i still take a few meds (blood pressure and thyroid) that are in pill form and I can feel them pop through the band. So I belive you can in fact feel it. The left side pain, however is the port likely. It will get better. Just keep to the mushies so that the healing can really and truly get done. Don't "test" the band just yet. It's there, you know it as you can feel it. :)

I know what you are going through!! The 3rd day was the WORST!! I too was regretting what I did to myself but day by day it WILL get better! I know your reading this right now thinking… "I don't want to wait a few days!! I want this pain gone now and I want to feel normal again!" I know because that is what I was thinking on day 3! (To tell you the truth I was thinking I should just go back to the doctor and demand him to take it out!!) But I promise it will get better and you WILL get through this!! Don't you dare give up! You are strong and you will feel normal again! I got banded on Jan 10, 2011 (Just 3 weeks ago!) and I feel normal again… I felt "normal" DAYS ago!! Hold your head high, you will feel like you again!!

Oh my! I was also banded on 1/10/11 and you took the words right out of my mouth! So all I'm going to add is: Yeah - what she said!