Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello my name is jodi i was banded jan 2010 right now my band is filled with 8.5cc in a 11cc band. i believe this may be my sweet spot even though i don't seem to be lossing much weight. i am having a hard time eating any types of meat or chicken. so i want to start eating more fish which i have never cooked any kind of fish before so i am not sure where to begin. i have no idea how to cook salom or flounder so it can be healthy and tasty. if anyone out there has any advice i would love to hear it.

thanks

jodi

starting weight---242

todays weight----207

Jodi, I was in the same boat. Now I cook fish a lot.

I get tilapia filets, because they are very "un-fishy". I spray my casserole dish to keep them from sticking, season them with Old Bay, place a slice of lemon on top, cover loosely with foil, and bake in a 375 oven for 20 minutes or until it is white and flaky (test with fork). It is the easiest dinner in the world.

Then I do any number of "toppings". My favorite are a dill sauce made with ff mayo, ff sour cream, fresh baby dill, and lemon juice, or a "Mediterranean" topping that is diced tomatoes (canned/drained, seasoned with basil and garlic), feta cheese, red pepper for spice, and a splash of lemon juice (heated on the top of stove). That would be even more awesome with capers or kalamata olives added, but my husband isn't a fan of either of those ingredients.

I want to try a cedar-plank salmon, but haven't so I can't speak to how to cook it.

I cant eat any meat other then fish or seafood...So I eat fish that I buy at costco that is already pre-seasoned like talapia or salmon..or I will google a lot of recipes or go on You Tube to find really good one's.

Hi Jodi -

I don't eat pork, red meat or poultry - just seafood and vegetarian Protein.

Here is the link to my blog: http://violinistwithaband.blogspot.com/ If you look on the left hand side underneath the "Followers" there is a list of recipes that I've posted. There are recipes for salmon, walleye, shrimp, cod, crab cakes (2 different types), and cioppino (there are a bunch of other recipes, but those are the seafood ones). I have tons of seafood recipes that I haven't posted also, so if you're looking for something specific, just let me know :)

Isa...You had lots of great looking recipes on your blog I'm gonna have to try some of them out!! Looks so yummy!

I also have trouble with meat. I eat quite a bit of chili. I can eat crab, scallops, fish...... with salmon I have to use caution because it has a pretty solid texture. Cooking spray and lemon pepper are pretty good on just about any kind of fish (bake). I'll have to check out some of those recipies too.

Isa...You had lots of great looking recipes on your blog I'm gonna have to try some of them out!! Looks so yummy!

Thanks so much!! I LOVE cooking - and it has become so much more fun since having my band. If you try anything out, let me know what you think!!

I also have trouble with meat. I eat quite a bit of chili. I can eat crab, scallops, fish...... with salmon I have to use caution because it has a pretty solid texture. Cooking spray and lemon pepper are pretty good on just about any kind of fish (bake). I'll have to check out some of those recipies too.

Please do!! :)

I buy the tilapia fillets that are flash frozen individually. I thaw them then use Panko crumbs, sometimes I coat the fish in a small amount of honey Dijon mustard and then cover it with Panko crumbs. Also, use the kc masterpiece marinade. Bake for 20ish minutes at 350. Delish!

I'll be checking out those recipes also!

Yay, thanks!!

2-9-11: Hello... "Aunt Suzie" here... banded September 2008, down 112 lbs.!, and have been at current weight for last six months or so... t-h-r-i-l-l-e-d! :) ANYWAY: little bit alarmed by your email... didn't your surgeon's office give you SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS about what to eat/not eat initially??... It reallyREALLY does take a year for you and your LapBand to get used to each other, and you are too soon post-op to be eating meats-chicken-seafoods...chili is okay, but not much, like, a half-cut will STUFF me, even to this day!, but you're not even more than a month post-op yet??... it always depends upon the individual, and yes indeed, everyone is different! For example, I can easily eat a bag of microwave popcorn if I want to, but many Bandsters canNOT...

but I digress: let me get back on-point...

* I ABSOLUTELY DO EAT meat, though only once, mmmmaybe twice a week...

* chopped meat (hamburger) goes down really well...

* HOWEVER: you mustMUST keep in mind the following:

a) chew, cccchew and CHEW SOME MORE, until it feels like applesauce in your

mouth, then swallow...

B) you will NOT, repeat, NOT eat an entire burger: I eat it without the bun,

and the meat-portion is probably the size of my thumb!!!, like, 2 oz maybe?,

but my tastebuds are hhhhappy and my tummy is filled...

c) I have a flank-steak-in-the-Crockpot recipe that is fffffffabFABulous...

that Crockpot can make shoe leather taste like Filet Mignon! ahahaha!

Though, again, I eat literally two-forkfulls-worth of the Crockpot Flank Steak,

and that's IT.

* I ABSOLUTELY DO EAT chicken, but 99% of the time, the DARK MEAT

is wayWAY more moist, and is more easily digestible, and ditto on points

a) thru c) above... Crockpots are helpful in keeping variety in the LapBander's diet...

WISHING YOU MUCHMUCHMUCH good luck with it! :welldoneclap: Aunt Suzie :lovechoc:

Jodi, I was in the same boat. Now I cook fish a lot.

I get tilapia filets, because they are very "un-fishy". I spray my casserole dish to keep them from sticking, season them with Old Bay, place a slice of lemon on top, cover loosely with foil, and bake in a 375 oven for 20 minutes or until it is white and flaky (test with fork). It is the easiest dinner in the world.

Then I do any number of "toppings". My favorite are a dill sauce made with ff mayo, ff sour cream, fresh baby dill, and lemon juice, or a "Mediterranean" topping that is diced tomatoes (canned/drained, seasoned with basil and garlic), feta cheese, red pepper for spice, and a splash of lemon juice (heated on the top of stove). That would be even more awesome with capers or kalamata olives added, but my husband isn't a fan of either of those ingredients.

I want to try a cedar-plank salmon, but haven't so I can't speak to how to cook it.

First of all, congratulations on your amazing weight loss! Secondly, thank you for the wonderful sauce recipe. I love fish, and this seems like it would be a great FF sauce. Any other favorite recipes??

I was banded 3 days ago. Doing well on the liquid diet. But looking forward to Thursday, when I get to start the puree diet, which means I can also eat flaky fish, eggs and cottage. What a treat!

Continued good luck to you!

Isa: I love Sea food, and Fish. So I will definitely be checking out this blog.

As far as Fish I love It BROILED. Take a cookie sheet, spray some Pam on it, then lay your fillets out . Spray on some Olive oil Pam on the Fish, just a light spray. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and Paprika Broil about 15 minutes total. Depends on how much you have. Keep a eye on it, Flip it half way threw. If it flakes your done.

I like Tarter Sauce or I make a cucumber dill topping out of yogurt, and Powdered Cucumber Dill Dip, Just mix and chill. Fantastic Taste.

Great on the fish, and a good dip for Holidays or Party's

Nice job on the recipes :thumbup: I just read the Walleye/sprouts. I might try that in a week or so

Thanks, Shirley.

Isa: I love Sea food, and Fish. So I will definitely be checking out this blog.

As far as Fish I love It BROILED. Take a cookie sheet, spray some Pam on it, then lay your fillets out . Sprinkle with lemon juice, and Paprika Broil about 15-20 minutes total. Depends on how much you have. Keep a eye on it, Flip it half way threw. If it flakes your done.

I like Tarter Sauce or I make a cucumber dill topping out of yogurt, and Powdered Cucumber Dill Dip, Just mix and chill. Fantastic Taste.

Great on the fish, and a good dip for Holidays or Party's

Sounds like a great easy yummy sauce for fish! Thank you! Any other easy yummy recipes? I was banded 3 days ago. Doing great, but looking forward to next week when I can start on real food!