Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can eat EVRYTHING

Harse or not I do not respond well to that............. I f I could control it I wouldn't have need surgery.............. If you get frusrated with newbies and you can't be nice keep it to yourself . ITS CALLED MANNERS

Harse or not I do not respond well to that............. I f I could control it I wouldn't have need surgery.............. If you get frusrated with newbies and you can't be nice keep it to yourself . ITS CALLED MANNERS

I have manners ;0) - Surgery is only a tool and it's not going to do the work for you and just cuz you can - doesn't mean you should..

But you will learn this on your journey,,

I have manners ;0) - Surgery is only a tool and it's not going to do the work for you and just cuz you can - doesn't mean you should..

But you will learn this on your journey,,

ok you win

Soexcited, I think I understand what you're saying. I recently had a very tiny unfill (0.1) which turned out to be WAY too much! So I got a 0.2 fill, which ended up feeling like LESS restriction, even though it was more than I had when I went in for an unfill. I just got another 0.5 put in, which got me back to my sweet spot. It seemed weird that I could have less restriction after a fill, but I'm thinking maybe (?) the Fluid was "just so" that it changed the band shape a tiny bit so that it wasn't ideal for my stomach. Its hard to be sure, though. Now I have 0.6 more in than when I went in for my unfill, but I'm back to normal now.

So are you actually hungrier now? I was STARVING after my slight unfill and subsequent fill--it was like a switch was flipped that same day! If you're not actually hungry, try not to eat any more or any different than what you did--no testing just to see if you can get it down! For me, I knew by the next day that the unfill was NOT going to work for me, as I was SO hungry. This experience has completely made me a believer that the band has some effect on the nerves or hormones related to the stomach and eating. The change was so immediate and drastic, and was actually emotional and a little scary! I had not experienced that level of hunger for so long. But it has made me love my band even more! :)

So I've been reading alot of these posts hoping to find insight on my situation, it has helped on somethings but I wanted to share some of my issues to see what people might say. I had my first fill on Jan. 27th finally, ( I mean I couldn't wait, ) I felt like they made me wait forever. My surgery was Dec. 13th. So after she puts in 5cc's i swallow Water and because she hears gurgling she took out a cc, i was so worried that it would not help with my hunger and they said insurance wouldn't pay for another fill for another month, and it didn't. The next day wow i felt like my stomach was screaming at me all day! I have not yet experienced any restriction. I feel like I never get full. I go again on Fri. for another fill. Haven't lost any weight is this normal, has anyone experienced anything like this?. I have been trying to eat good and feeling satisfied but apparently that is too much.

Thank you!

Well I am having the same problem with my band.. I have a 10cc band, I just went in for my first fill and they filled it to 3.5cc.. Which he says is alot for the first fill but I guess they do it so you dont have to come back for a while. But I am having a hard time with restriction.. It may sound wierd but i have NONE.. I know that the lapband is a tool and its just soppose to help you but I should feel a little help right? That is why we go through the surgery for a little help right? I just dont understand why i dont have that FULL feeling.. I have to rely on my own will power.. If I knew that I dont think I would have gotten the lapband to begin with. I hope that it gets better .. Im just not convinced yet..

Well I am having the same problem with my band.. I have a 10cc band, I just went in for my first fill and they filled it to 3.5cc.. Which he says is alot for the first fill but I guess they do it so you dont have to come back for a while. But I am having a hard time with restriction.. It may sound wierd but i have NONE.. I know that the lapband is a tool and its just soppose to help you but I should feel a little help right? That is why we go through the surgery for a little help right? I just dont understand why i dont have that FULL feeling.. I have to rely on my own will power.. If I knew that I dont think I would have gotten the lapband to begin with. I hope that it gets better .. Im just not convinced yet..

I know I have none either, I know we are suppose to have some restriction tht is what the surgery is all about! I'm sure it'll come from all that I've been reading, some say it can take up to 6 months to find tht sweet spot, i'm just to anxious to get there sooner, i'll get my second fill fri just hope it's more noticable then! when did u have your surgery?

WOW I am new to lapband and couldn't wait to read and learn from this sight. BUT I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED. Someone ask a question and somebody calls them a loser. Are you kidding me. If we had will power we woudn't have needed the lapband in the first place. I am sick about this. I know myself and have lost weight and gained so many times. Thats why I did lapband for the help if it fails I am in trouble. I hope you found help from your DR. I had to stop reading the blogs because I was getting so angry. I thought this was suppose to be a sight to get support.. I am so sorry that someone would say such mean things to you.....

Please don't get discouraged with this site...There are many people here like myself that just want to help one another. This is a life long struggle for everyone. And yes it is frustrating when we feel the band is not working. I have only had one fill and 2-3 days after was great. now I am hungry again. Hoping my next fill will get me into the sweet spot so I can maximize the band. We all realize it is only a tool, but we have to hope at least we will have some restriction and it will prevent some hunger. Hang in there, keep in contact with your doctor and you will get the right fill that will help. Until then we are all here to support you. Sometimes we fall down, just get up dust yourself off and continue this journey.

Good Luck getting back on track

Dear Newb, Hey I agree if we could successfully diet we wouldnt have had our stomachs lassoed! LOL! Get a fill! Seriously these boards are full of diets and low cal recipes and exercise programs...all not necessary if you are filled right!!! I can only have liquids at Breakfast, basically mushies at lunch, and tiny meals later in the day. Unless I ate shakes or ice cream my band doesnt let me over eat and I lose about a pound a week! I dont eat ANYTHING low cal or fake sugar etc...I have done all that crap for 20 years and it all made me fatter...get another fill girl and dont listen to the dieters!!!

So...your band has become non-functional, and you're doing WHAT? Eating whatever you want?

Ummm. I'm thinking that the Lap band is probably not gonna jump out of your stomach and snatch that burger out of your hand before you shove it into your mouth.

It doesn't usually work that way.

Yes, you DO need to see your Doctor and find out what the problem is. Perhaps it was someone new that gave you a fill, and accidentally removed some Fluid. It could be one of several things.

But the more important issue here is..... What are YOU going to do until this is sorted out? You need to eat as though the Band is working at full capacity. The rules do NOT change just because your band is not functioning as it should. If you have had your band for around a year, then you should know how to eat by now, and you shouldn't have to "test" the band in any way.

"I swear I feel like I have no band at all. Has anyone ever had this? I left a message for my Doc today after a big il breakfast."

You really didn't HAVE to have that "Big il breakfast". You could have had a small, band-sized breakfast, the kind you SHOULD be having every day.

"I was not hungry today while I ate but I tested the band all day and the food won every time."

I wouldn't see it so much as the food winning, but as YOU LOSING. And why did you feel the need to "test" the band?

You know, you really need to learn how to live WITHOUT the Lap Band. There is a very good possibility that your Lap band might be removed from you at some point. SOME surgeons are beginning to see the Lap Band as a temporary set of "training" wheels over a period of 3-5 years, during which the Patient should do everything they can to develop new eating habits, and a new relationship with food. This is because of increasing incidence of erosion, slippage, and other problems associated with the Band. And if it happens to you, you need to be ready.

SEE your Doctor, and find out what the problem is, and get it fixed. But in the meantime, STICK TO THE RULES.

S.

Great Advise!!!!!! I have the band 2/17/10 and have lost 50 lbs, however I got another fill Weds for a total of 4cc's and it was so tight I had to go back and remove 3/4 cc now I only have 3.25 cc's. I feel I am still making great choices and the original six rules are still being followed. We do however have a tendacy to test that band.....its hard we want to eat the things we used to its in our head though not our stomach...Try to drink more Water, that will fill you up

Aleah50

Dear Newb, Hey I agree if we could successfully diet we wouldnt have had our stomachs lassoed! LOL! Get a fill! Seriously these boards are full of diets and low cal recipes and exercise programs...all not necessary if you are filled right!!! I can only have liquids at breakfast, basically mushies at lunch, and tiny meals later in the day. Unless I ate shakes or ice cream my band doesnt let me over eat and I lose about a pound a week! I dont eat ANYTHING low cal or fake sugar etc...I have done all that crap for 20 years and it all made me fatter...get another fill girl and dont listen to the dieters!!!

Xavier - I respectfully disagree w/you - it is also about what you eat.. It's a combination of what you eat - the amount you eat and exercise.. I haven't dieted since I was banded - I eat healthy - my pre-band diet is what made me fat in the first place - I ate high fat - high sugar and no exercise.. Also IMHO since this is a lifetime lifestyle change you have to be able to eat more than 1/2 c food per meal - hell I can eat 1 cup - be full and still want to eat more food and I could eat around it (band) if I chose to - the Band is no guartenee that you are going to lose the weight - it's no guartenne that you won't regain your weight and you will if you go back to your pre-band diet (this board is full of pple who have lost their motivation - who eat around there bands and don't follow the rules - The word diet truly means food or drink regularly consumed.. Our bands are only tools to help us and yes it has to be maintained to work properly - but peeps - it is also about what you eat and how much you move.. So please don't listen to a new bander who thinks restriction alone is going to make you healthy - it's not - to get healthy you have to eat healthy and exercise and with the help of your band you can get there..

Wow, women are a trip! After all the drama! I am going to explain it as my friends (I have two that are banded for over a year) explained to me and my doctor confirmed, sorta. When you breath in for your fill your diaphragm puts more pressure on your stomach and you can get more out of your fill, even if the put the same amount of cc's in! One of my friends has met her goal wgt. The other had more to lose, but continues to do well. Just be aware of your diaphragm when getting a fill!

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. I know what it feels like... On both sides... to have th fill not seem like a fill and then to slip back into some old habits. I must admit, while it is extremely disappointing and frustrating when you plan for those next steps after a fill and you are blown away when you realize you just went through all of this for what? You think, maybe something is wrong with you? Was it something you did? Did they not hit the port?..... (In my case they must not have hit it 3-4 fills in a row, because when they finally did listen to me and take out the fill to measure it was off by more than 4ccs... as you can imagine this drama played out for moths)

All in all... you know your body, and by this time you are really getting to know your band. Do not worry about others who immediately just fell into place... You know you. And we seem to share a lot in common. It takes some people longer than others to really work with the band.

I say, take it in stride... get back into the routine you are supposed to be in. Work the band anyway, call your doctor for an appointment, but until then you have to buckle down and do what it is that you are supposed to do.

Best wishes!