Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TRICARE PRIME PATIENTS

I am waiting for my referral to go through and then I will schedule an appointment with the surgeon. I want to know of anyone who got approved for surgery with a BMI of 40 or lower and what comorbs or problems you had that helped you get approved. I think my BMI is just 40 but I do not have any of tricares comorbs that are listed.

Mine was about 39 but I have type 1 diabetes. My PCM doesn't give you the referall for the surgeon if you don't qualify, I'm not sure if they are all the same. So where are you guys stationed? I'm at Fairchild. Oh, the process went really fast too! I was done with everything and scheduled for surgery in less than 3 months. :D

I asked my PCM for a referral, and she willingly gave it, since she knew how hard I'd tried to lose weight before this. By the time my surgeon asked Tricare to approve me for surgery, my BMI was barely 40. I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and arthritis in weight-bearing joints. It was only three working days between the submission of the request and the approval. Tricare is VERY easy, if you meet their minimums. Depending on your stats, you may qualify for surgery just based on your BMI and weight.

Good luck!

Dave

I am waiting for my referral to go through and then I will schedule an appointment with the surgeon. I want to know of anyone who got approved for surgery with a BMI of 40 or lower and what comorbs or problems you had that helped you get approved. I think my BMI is just 40 but I do not have any of tricares comorbs that are listed.

i just got my referral in and it was approved but the surgeon they picked does not go the lap band grr so i have to find a new one. i think i might have found one i go in friday im so scared

Mine was about 39 but I have type 1 diabetes. My PCM doesn't give you the referall for the surgeon if you don't qualify, I'm not sure if they are all the same. So where are you guys stationed? I'm at Fairchild. Oh, the process went really fast too! I was done with everything and scheduled for surgery in less than 3 months. :D

Camp Lejuene:)

i just got my referral in and it was approved but the surgeon they picked does not go the lap band grr so i have to find a new one. i think i might have found one i go in friday im so scared

I told my doctor what surgeon I wanted to go to and he wrote it down so hopefully no confusion there

I asked my PCM for a referral, and she willingly gave it, since she knew how hard I'd tried to lose weight before this. By the time my surgeon asked Tricare to approve me for surgery, my BMI was barely 40. I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and arthritis in weight-bearing joints. It was only three working days between the submission of the request and the approval. Tricare is VERY easy, if you meet their minimums. Depending on your stats, you may qualify for surgery just based on your BMI and weight.

Good luck!

Dave

Yeah i don't have the comorbs I am 5'5 244 BMI 40 thats all I got hopefully that will be enough, I am SOOOOO over it, i've been overweight for 20 years and i'm only 24 :/

They have messed mine up before, but when you called the Tricare 800 number they change it over the phone, no big deal. Good luck, I hope you get it!

I am a Tricare Prime Member. My BMI is 36 currently and my doctor submitted my case for approval on Tuesday. When I came home yesturday I checked the tricare website hoping to see that the request has been entering in the system. I was very suprised to see that I had already been approved. It was less than 24 hours. I only have high blood pressure. So mine was very quick. I hope that this helps you feel a little better about your chances.

I am a Tricare Prime Member. My BMI is 36 currently and my doctor submitted my case for approval on Tuesday. When I came home yesturday I checked the tricare website hoping to see that the request has been entering in the system. I was very suprised to see that I had already been approved. It was less than 24 hours. I only have high blood pressure. So mine was very quick. I hope that this helps you feel a little better about your chances.

YAY yes girl it does!. Congrats:) What region are you?

YAY yes girl it does!. Congrats:) What region are you?

I am in tricare region South. I hope that it helps. I think it helps if your doctor basically builds a case for you. I am hopeful that I can get surgery during the schools spring break so I wont be out too long. One step at a time and it seems to be coming together nicely. Have faith you will get it.

I am in tricare region South. I hope that it helps. I think it helps if your doctor basically builds a case for you. I am hopeful that I can get surgery during the schools spring break so I wont be out too long. One step at a time and it seems to be coming together nicely. Have faith you will get it.

GRRR I am north still haven't heard of anyone in North Region getting approved without meeting all requirements. I guess on the bright side its the military and we will probably get moved to a different region eventually.

Hi,

I am in process of trying to get my BMI to 35. I have type 2 diabeties,HC,HBP. I am having to gain 10pds to reach 35bmi even though Tricare isn''t requiring it? The surgeon is the one requiring the BMI 35.

Has anyone had to gain to get approval? I am Tricare Standard retired living in VA.

Hi,

I am in process of trying to get my BMI to 35. I have type 2 diabeties,HC,HBP. I am having to gain 10pds to reach 35bmi even though Tricare isn''t requiring it? The surgeon is the one requiring the BMI 35.

Has anyone had to gain to get approval? I am Tricare Standard retired living in VA.

I have read about alot of being having to gain weight to get approval and i've heard of people wearing ankle weights so that they weigh enough lol not that I am recommending

Camp Lejuene:)

hi, im from camp lejeune and go on wed to see my surgeon for a surgery date :)