Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first real temptation...it's too soon!

I just had surgery on the 10th and things have been ok; haven't had too much interest in food so nothing has 'called' to me as of yet. However, tonight my husband brought home a loaf each of pumpkin, carrot, and cranberry-nut bread! They look so good!! I love pumpkin and carrot cakes/breads so this actually caught my interest. Thank God they're unopened; I actually caught myself sniffing the package for a whiff (lol). And all I went in the kitchen for was a cup of tea...I eventually threw a dishtowel over the package, got my tea and left. I didn't expect the head hunger to be messing with me so soon...how do/did you all cope in the beginning?

Ok, moment has passed; after drinking some tea, I'm feeling full enough that the thought of food makes me want to gag. Still need to figure out some good coping skills, however...

I make my husband take any baked goods to work. After Christmas, I took the leftover gingerbread, scones and Cookies and threw them out. Didn't care how much was left.

For the period right after my surgery, I just asked that people not bring foods like that into the house. Especially because its just so important to stick to the post op diet. So perhaps you could ask your husband to hold off on those kinds of things that get your taste buds going for awhile? After your post op diet, you should just try to eat things in moderation. I don't cut anything out - I just don't go crazy with it. When I was restricting certain foods, I would eventually break down and eat a ridiculous portion of it (like 4 milkshakes instead of one small one...now, if I want some ice cream, I have some, but I'm able to put it away after a moderate amount and I don't make it a habit of having ice cream everyday). But for now, maybe you should ask that people don't bring those trigger foods into the house.

For the period right after my surgery, I just asked that people not bring foods like that into the house. Especially because its just so important to stick to the post op diet. So perhaps you could ask your husband to hold off on those kinds of things that get your taste buds going for awhile? After your post op diet, you should just try to eat things in moderation. I don't cut anything out - I just don't go crazy with it. When I was restricting certain foods, I would eventually break down and eat a ridiculous portion of it (like 4 milkshakes instead of one small one...now, if I want some ice cream, I have some, but I'm able to put it away after a moderate amount and I don't make it a habit of having ice cream everyday). But for now, maybe you should ask that people don't bring those trigger foods into the house.

I'm already beginning to see there's going to be some head butting when it comes to the food. I talked to him about it and he said he would take it to work but he doesn't feel like eating it there. *sigh* I can get over it. However, tonight when he tried to cop an attitude with me about eating some sugar free Jello w/ fat free whipped topping (1/2c serving of Jello and I'm short on my calories) like they aren't on my list of approved foods...really had to bite my tongue. I'll be darned if I'll have him watching me like a hawk like I'm some child. I'm preparing myself to have a talk with him see we can nip this problem NOW.

My husband has never been a big dessert person or evening snacker....until I got my band that is!!! I don't know if it's because of Christmas bad eating habits or what...but every night he goes into the kitchen and brings back a pile of liquorice, chips, Cookies, chocolates etc. and sits there and eats it while we watch TV together. It bothers me mentally because I feel like he's not being that supportive...but physically I'm only one week out and couldn't eat it if I wanted to. It makes me go wander the kitchen and see what I can have...which is basically just Jello and I hate Jello, so i come back empty handed. I'm worried about what's going to happen when the weeks go on and I can eat more and more stuff. I think I'm going to have to talk to him too...just like you!

The ironic part is that he actually said the me getting banded was going to help him too (he's maybe 15lbs overweight) because I wouldn't be buying junk food anymore...except that for three weeks now (pre and post of dieting) he keeps bringing crap home lol!!! So much for blaming it all on me!!!

I was also banded on the 10th. My problem right now is that I'm absolutely dying to chew. I'm in the middle of my mushies week, and craving anything I can sink my teeth into. My teeth actually hurt from not being used. I start soft foods on Sunday, and I've already got my new recipes ready.

I've been eating oatmeal for Breakfast with a scoop of Protein powder mixed in, and that is holding me well to lunch. I've been eating Soup for dinner, but it's not filling, and I get hungry again in the evening.

Also this week, I've been having headaches. I haven't had headaches since I was PMSing - and I had a total hysterectomy in 2002!

My husband has been good. He's a human stick figure, so he can pretty much eat anything and not gain an ounce. He hasn't brought any real junk food into the house, but he has made a trip to the convenience store and come home a half hour later with the smell of McDonald's on his breath.

I'm also antsy to get cooking again. About 3 months before my surgery I started teaching myself how to cook healthier - making mac and cheese from scratch instead of using boxes, for example, and I'm missing cooking.

I was also banded on the 10th. My problem right now is that I'm absolutely dying to chew. I'm in the middle of my mushies week, and craving anything I can sink my teeth into. My teeth actually hurt from not being used. I start soft foods on Sunday, and I've already got my new recipes ready.

I've been eating oatmeal for Breakfast with a scoop of Protein powder mixed in, and that is holding me well to lunch. I've been eating Soup for dinner, but it's not filling, and I get hungry again in the evening.

Also this week, I've been having headaches. I haven't had headaches since I was PMSing - and I had a total hysterectomy in 2002!

My husband has been good. He's a human stick figure, so he can pretty much eat anything and not gain an ounce. He hasn't brought any real junk food into the house, but he has made a trip to the convenience store and come home a half hour later with the smell of McDonald's on his breath.

Oral health is most important part of all over health.Some drinks and food affect and causes oral problem so take advise to good dentists and keep care.

Mechanicsburg PA Dentists

sugar free gum helps with the urge to chew and it comes in lots of flavors.