Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I call Aetna to check approval

Yesterday my drs. office sent (faxed directly to a nurse) my paperwork to Aetna for approval. Do you think it's to soon to call to check status? I don't want to irritate anyone and make things take longer.

My doc sent the info over 01/14. I called today to check it was still pending review by a nurse....I plan on calling again on Friday. I say bug them until you have a yes or no. LOL

I have Aetna too please keep me posted on how long your approval takes. Good Luck:)

WoW they just sent it yesterday,you can't expect a answer over night. give them some time to go through all the paper work and notes, they might not be working on it right away they go in order,. Aetna will send you several letters for different approvals,Hospital stay,lab work and then the surgery....i think it took me about 10 days to get the letters of approvals..G00D LUCK!!!!

I say call... the sweaky wheel gets the oil. Plus, you never know who's desk your file could be sitting on before they realize it needs to be reviewed! It's better to be on top of things than just assume they are reviewing it.

Well I know how you feel.My paperwork was sent off Friday.I am also with Aetna PPO.I am praying for an approval.I wish you the best.keep us posted.

I called and...it is PENDING. I'm not surprised, but I did learn that my docs office put that I would be having surgery Feb. 23rd. They didn't tell me that. I guess its just a date they put in for approval purposes. Oh well.

ALSO with aetna.......my doctor told me i should have no worries about being approved, but I called my insurance agent and went over it with her before even going to my doctor. My particular plan covers the surgery 100%!!!! What are you guys required to do before the surgery?

3 month multidisciplinary or 6 month physician supervised weight loss. I chose to do the 3 month program which entailed 3 nutrionist visits, 3 physician visits, psych eval, 2 yr weight history that detailed 40+ bmi, documented weight loss attempts, documented physical activity and food journaling, and that's about it. I can't recall if I left anything out.

Holey Moley that is alot of things to do!! I didn't have to do anything other than all the doc visits. I don't understand the need for "2 yr weight history that detailed 40+ bmi, documented weight loss attempts, documented physical activity and food journaling" Why can't we just send them pictures of ourself overweight 2 years ago and todayk still overweight. Do they ask pregnant women to prove that they are ready to have a kid? psych visits, can you take care of your baby visits, 2 year proof that you are "fit" to be a mommy? I'm so glad my insurance doesn't make me do this, but I just don't see the reason for other insurance companies to demand it!!

Ok, stepping off my soap box now. :P

Yesterday my drs. office sent (faxed directly to a nurse) my paperwork to Aetna for approval. Do you think it's to soon to call to check status? I don't want to irritate anyone and make things take longer.

FYI, I called again today found out I was approved 01/18 my Doc sent in the info 01/14 Good Luck

FYI, I called again today found out I was approved 01/18 my Doc sent in the info 01/14 Good Luck

Congrats on your approval...:D I hope to follow shortly after (They were telling me 10-30 days also).