Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crackers

You might look at WASA crisp & light crackers. They are 20 calories each, but very large crackers. Very bland in taste so that whatever you're eating with them the flavor comes through. Whole grain, some Protein, but don't recall the number.

If you have calorie room to spare, look at Dr. Kracker Organic pumpkin Seed crackers. They are whole grain, very thick and filling. But one is 100 calories. Again, don't know the Protein count, but I'm sure they have some.

Crackers are tough for me because I can eat most of the mindlessly.. and before I know it I've eaten way more than I should. The Dr. K are so hearty that doesn't happen.

WASA makes a few other varieties.. the crisp & light are the lowest in calories.

Have fun in your search.

Not sure where you live but I found that Publix carries their Greenwise brand of an organic wheat cracker that resembles a wheat thin but its 8 calories per cracker and good for you! I had 5 today topped with 1.5 oz of tuna. Mmmmmm

To protect from over indulging I only bring 5 crackers in my lunch bag... not the whole box. :)

Did you doctor say to have crackers at this point? My mushie/soft phase did not include anything crunchie. I know crackers when chewed get mushie. I was to eat tuna or chicken by itself. I know that does'nt sound like a lot of food; but that's why many people complain about being hungry until they start getting fills. During the soft phase I would have "creamy soups" (tomato, sweet red pepper, squash,) and an hour later have Tuna or chicken mixed with low fat laughing cow cheese.< /p>

Yes, do wait till you're out of the mushy stage, and then remember to chew very well.

I love Ak Mak stone ground whole wheat crackers. They're crunchy and tasty and pack some good whole grain nutrition.

Serving size is 5 crackers, which is way more than I can get down. Maybe two or three tops. 110 calories, 4 grams of Fiber, 5 grams of Protein. I buy them at Trader Joe's, but I've also seen them at other grocery stores.

I crumble them over tuna and it's delicious.

On list of foods to eat Triscuit crackers. They taste like shredded wheat Cereal.

I give two thumbs up for the WASA Multi Grain. 1 Cracker has 45 Calories, 10g Carbs, 2g Fiber, 0g Fat, 2g Protien, and just 80mg of Sodium. They are on the Aproved Bestlife Foods List. How do you Wasa? Share your recipes at

www.wasa-usa.com

I also found this recipe you may like

Serving size: 1/2 wrap Recipe makes: 4

Ingredients

2 low-carbohydrate, high-Protein, high-fiber wraps (such as Tumaro's Gourmet Tortillas, Multi Grain, Low in Carbs)

cooking spray, butter-flavored or olive oil-flavored

any dried spice, such as oregano flakes, ground cumin, paprika, etc...

Kosher salt

Directions

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.

2.) Using a knife, kitchen shears, or your hands, cut or tear the wraps into chip-sized pieces. Lay flat so they do not overlap onto the baking sheet.

3.) Spray the chips with cooking spray, and then sprinkle them with salt and any seasoning you prefer.

4.) Bake for about 10 -12 minutes, watching them so they don't burn! If you enjoy them crispier, bake a couple minutes longer. Let cool.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1/2 wrap

Recipe makes 4 servings

Amount Per Serving

Calories 50Calories from Fat 10Total Fat 1.5gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 0gSodium 180gTotal Carbohydrate 7gDietary Fiber 4gSugars 0.5gProtein 4g

Yummo that sounds great, 4MyHealth2011!!

Thanks for all your replies!

Going to look for these crackers this weekend.

Thanks again!

I ate my tuna salad... ect with cottage cheese during the soft mushie stage. Although I read on here about people that eat things such as crackers, bread, toast, chips and hard taco shells... I can't get any of these things down no matter how much chewing I do. I was banded 07/14/2010 and though I do wish I could eat a little bread from time to time for the most part I don't miss it.

Good luck with your journey!!