Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you dip? First meal?

Once I got to solids I had hummus with baby carrots. Watch out for carrots though I had my two stuck episodes ever from not chewing them enough. I would'nt say I was a low carb person but I no longer keep cracker or chip of any kind including low fat ones in my house. Lots of calories for very little nutritian. If you can coun't out 7 cracker or chips and stop you would probably be okay; I just cant/won't

this taco Soup sounds delicious! thanks for sharing that recipe. I'm going to make it this week and it really should take care of my craving.

For your taco craving, try taco Soup. Very easy, brown your meat, add taco seasoning, can of cannilli (white) Beans, kidney Beans, and a can of black beans, can of corn, can of rotel, green chilis (if you like it hot), and chicken or beef broth.

Just started my soft food stage......thank you Sweet Jesus!!!

But for my pureed/ thicker liquid stage I ate.....

Day One- Three: Blended Black Beans and Soy meat, with mealted cheese and salsa!

Day Four- Blended Velveeta, with salsa and ground turkey ( seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cooked with green, red and yellow bell peppers and onions)- Not the healthiest, but mmm mmm good, besides you'll only have a few tblspoons

Day Five-Six- Blended Seafood Gumbo!

Soft Foods-

Day One:

BFast- One Egg omelet with cheese and two pieces of veggie bacon. BTW, tried toast with strawberry jelly.....bad idea, threw it up!!!!

Lunch- 1/4 of a Chipotle Bowl- Rice, black Beans, lettuce, cheese, corn and guacamole

Dinner- About 1/2 a SW chicken salad from Jack in the Box

Day Two:

BFaet- One Egg Cheese omelet with Marinara and one cup of broccolli with a cup of Cran/ Apple juice

Dinner- 4 oz of salmon, 1/2 cup of mixed greens and 1/2 a cup of scalloped potatoes

Bad Moment: One Hershey Bar, please don't comment, I know that was horrible!!

I've only tried ground turkey once and it wasn't very tasty. What brand do you prefer?

Do you think that ground sirloin like a 90/10 would be just as healthy as the turkey?

I think it's fine, i put salt pepper and garlic powder on it, and when it's coated in salsa it's fine. I did try it with ground beef, but it just has more calories. I honestly don't care either way!

For puree I ate a LOT of chili, and a lot of oatmeal, and i had quite a bit of chicken lettuce wrap filling (I was on vacation during most of my purees)

For anyone that likes spicy food...here's one for you in the mushie stage...I'm just ending that stage in a few days (YEAH)

Low Fat, High Protein Buffalo chicken Dip

1 can of white meat chicken (looks like a can of tuna but it is chicken - never knew it came like this until I was banded)

1/2 bar of lowfat cream cheese

crumbled low fat blue cheese (to taste) - can use low fat blue cheese dressing instead

2 tablespoons of low/no fat cottage cheese

1 tablespoon (or to taste) of buffalo wing hot sauce.

Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat until all melts together and is warm and mushie. Makes about 6-8 lapband servings and I simply eat it as my Protein. It's very good and I enjoy the taste after being on Protein shakes and broths for so long.

Enjoy!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMLniwm/]

weight.png

[/url]

My first mushie meal was on Christmas Day! It was 1oz mashed potatoes and 2oz no fat cottage cheese. I was SO stuffed! Pretty boring it seems after reading all these yummy posts. LOL

My first "real food" meal was on New Year's Day! 2 oz broiled mahi mahi (local fish), 1 whole steamed carrot and 4 cucumber slices (seeds picked out)!

Since then I have eaten steak, chicken, and tuna and veggie burgers on whole wheat deli rounds... really trying to be careful to diet and not to overeat as this past week I have noticed very little restriction. Tomorrow is my first fill and the band can start doing its job. :)

chips and crackers are best to avoid to promote weight loss. My surgeon wants me to eat almost all Protein and veggies. Starches are to "rarely" have. Anyway, on the mushy phase, for a quick meal, I loved blending canned chicken with fat free chicken/turkey gravy and heat it up. I ate it with instant mashed potatoes (which are fine on the mushy stage). I ate a lot of tuna salad with fat-free mayo and pickle juice (blended). Turkey chili with cheese and plain greek yogurt (my new sour cream!) was very satisfying. My surgeon recommended fish and chicken as the main Protein on this phase and not to try beef until solids. Everyone is different though! Good luck!

chips and crackers are best to avoid to promote weight loss. My surgeon wants me to eat almost all Protein and veggies. Starches are to "rarely" have. Anyway, on the mushy phase, for a quick meal, I loved blending canned chicken with fat free chicken/turkey gravy and heat it up. I ate it with instant mashed potatoes (which are fine on the mushy stage). I ate a lot of tuna salad with fat-free mayo and pickle juice (blended). Turkey chili with cheese and plain greek yogurt (my new sour cream!) was very satisfying. My surgeon recommended fish and chicken as the main Protein on this phase and not to try beef until solids. Everyone is different though! Good luck!

I thought about that with the crackers, too. I know if I get started on them, I'll want them all the time.

Really liking the idea of the canned chicken with FF gravy with mashed potatoes. That sounds like a good go to when I need "comfort food". I'm sure you could even toss in some veggies.

When I got home from the grocery store I was condensing my pickle jars and decided to save the juice so that I could mix it with my tuna. Gotta have pickles in there! LOL

thanks for the ideas

chips and crackers are best to avoid to promote weight loss. My surgeon wants me to eat almost all Protein and veggies. Starches are to "rarely" have. Anyway, on the mushy phase, for a quick meal, I loved blending canned chicken with fat free chicken/turkey gravy and heat it up. I ate it with instant mashed potatoes (which are fine on the mushy stage). I ate a lot of tuna salad with fat-free mayo and Pickle Juice (blended). Turkey chili with cheese and plain greek yogurt (my new sour cream!) was very satisfying. My surgeon recommended fish and chicken as the main Protein on this phase and not to try beef until solids. Everyone is different though! Good luck!

My surgeon FORBIDS crackers ! He actually had one of his previous patients come in to our nutrition class to tell us her personal "cracker story"...she said said that once she finally started journaling what she had consumed , she found that she eaten 700 calories in saltine crackers alone. Needless to say, she was NOT losing any weight.

So for me, NO crackers. Someone suggested toasting a low carb tortilla and break it up into chips. Seems like a better choice.

My surgeon FORBIDS crackers ! He actually had one of his previous patients come in to our nutrition class to tell us her personal "cracker story"...she said said that once she finally started journaling what she had consumed , she found that she eaten 700 calories in saltine crackers alone. Needless to say, she was NOT losing any weight.

So for me, NO crackers. Someone suggested toasting a low carb tortilla and break it up into chips. Seems like a better choice.

Thats why I keep track of everything I put in my mouth. Everyone needs to do what works for them..... but I just ate 5 organic whole wheat crackers for 25 calories with my 2 oz of tuna and 2 oz of fat free cottage cheese for well under 200 calories. I simplify my life by just bringing 5 crackers in my lunch bag so there wont be any temptation.

Just curious did she eat 700 calories of crackers in one day? :o

Thats why I keep track of everything I put in my mouth. Everyone needs to do what works for them..... but I just ate 5 organic whole wheat crackers for 25 calories with my 2 oz of tuna and 2 oz of fat free cottage cheese for well under 200 calories. I simplify my life by just bringing 5 crackers in my lunch bag so there wont be any temptation.

Just curious did she eat 700 calories of crackers in one day? :o

Yes, that's exactly what she did. She works in a hospital and there's always crackers available in the snack room. She said she kept going through and grabbing a hand full ...munching on them all day. When she finally realized what she was consuming she stopped. Hopefully, she was exagerating ! That's a lot of calories to waste on some crackers.

I know I have to be VERY mindful of what I am putting in my mouth. Mindless eating got me to 253 pounds!

I could eat an entire row of OREO's with a glass of milk, before I even knew it! How many calories was that?!?

That's a lot of calories to waste on some crackers.

Yes it is! wow!!!

I could eat an entire row of OREO's with a glass of milk, before I even knew it! How many calories was that?!?

minus the milk... the Cookies would be about 1200 calories....give or take.

I was looking up some stuff I used to eat and I never imagined how many calories were in 10 Hooters wings or in a DQ Blizzard..... yikes no wonder I gained weight.:unsure: