Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you dip? First meal?

Hmmmmm.....I wonder if you can blend a taco?!! ....my daughter lives with me and she does a lot of her cooking anyway....now I'll be able to get one pk chop, chicken whatever and she can have rest! One day I'll try my recipe for crab cakes. But, I still get to clean up! lol

You could blend a taco I think with extra salsa, I've been having some ground turkey, with salsa and melt a little cheese on top, does the same effect for me, sometimes I'll crack some shells in it. (or I do ground turkey with marinara and mozzarella)

I've only tried ground turkey once and it wasn't very tasty. What brand do you prefer?

Do you think that ground sirloin like a 90/10 would be just as healthy as the turkey?

You could blend a taco I think with extra salsa, I've been having some ground turkey, with salsa and melt a little cheese on top, does the same effect for me, sometimes I'll crack some shells in it. (or I do ground turkey with marinara and mozzarella)

Imagine 923...Egg Foo Yong is a fast food chinese dish made is scrambled eggs, onion, grn peppers and meat...like shrimp , pork or beef. They have there own special seasonings. It's usually served over rice and smothered in gravy. They take the eggs and make them into a pattie. I read that it's okay to eat just the patties.

From what I can remember as a child , it was reaallll good!

I love to try and copy cat Chinese dishes, just recently mastered Crab Rangoon (prior to surgery) .l am going to see if I can find a recipe for Egg Foo Yong, that way I can avoid the extra sodium from the fast food joints.

"Man.....I think I'd try a blended up rubber tire right about now! LOL"

Imagine923...you got me crackin' up right now. But, I feel ya...lawd knows I can't wait till Wednesday. :P

I get my ground turkey from WD or Publix. My Dad used to fry it and put pepper on it ...made it taste like sausage!! WD has some good turkey burgers(Jennie-O brand) We liked having those and dressing up with Tomato and lettuce, cheese ect. We get 93/7 fatfree ground beef.

I've only tried ground turkey once and it wasn't very tasty. What brand do you prefer?

Do you think that ground sirloin like a 90/10 would be just as healthy as the turkey?

Are cheese sticks considered soft/mushie? I found a great recipe on Spark People made with low fat cheese sticks, italian seasonings and panko .

That may be the first thing I choose to cook this week .

Do you think the Magic Bullet could handle this or should I get out the Cuisinart!??

LOL

Here you go have at it. That was funny as hell. :lol:

220px-Car_tires.jpg

I liked hummus, egg drop Soup, yogurt, and Lipton noodle Soup. I make chilli almost weekly. I cook alot of my meats in the crockpot it makes them moist and tender which you will soon learn is the only way to get it down. I never blended anything, the thought of it turned my stomach.

What are you using your hummus on? I usually use baby carrots and of course, they aren't on the mushy or soft food diet.

What are you using your hummus on? I usually use baby carrots and of course, they aren't on the mushy or soft food diet.

Well, I like fat free pretzels or saltines. I also like baby carrot sticks, sliced squash, zucchini. Sometimes I mix lit up with horsradish mustard and dip my sliced turkey! Yummy!

Jennie-o or honey suckle brand is what I use, my family prefers it to ground beef now!

May I suggest that now is the time to make really healthy choices? If you realize you can eat a purée taco or chili dog, it might become a more frequent part of your diet - that will be really rough before you get restriction.

It is just my suggestion and if you can eat a chili dog and not want another one the next day then just ignore me! I am staying far away from foods that I crave because I want to try to stop that craving cycle.

I have also been eating a few crackers with dip of some sort. I am worried about eating the crackers, but I had to have some texture a little bit! I drink a sip of Water after a few well-chewed and mushed crackers, just to make sure they are liquid-y. Not enough water to wash it down, just soften it up (hopefully). I am 14 days out today!