Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded December 22nd, 2010

kristyc23
Sign in to follow this  

Hello friends - this is my first post so I appreciate any advice to help me through this stage. I was banded on 12/22 - usual routine. liquid diet for 10 days prior and 5 days or so post-op. Since October 30th (when the whole process started) I have dropped around 24 pounds. For one week now, I have lost nothing and am actually gaining weight back. I am exercising and eating very small portions. I am having doubts about ever getting this thing put into my body. My first fill is in two more weeks ---- please tell me it gets better. Other than watching portions, drinking lots of Water and exercising every day - what else can I do to get through this ?????????? I understand if if stay the same weight - but GAINING! WTF??? Thanks for listening.

Hello friends - this is my first post so I appreciate any advice to help me through this stage. I was banded on 12/22 - usual routine. liquid diet for 10 days prior and 5 days or so post-op. Since October 30th (when the whole process started) I have dropped around 24 pounds. For one week now, I have lost nothing and am actually gaining weight back. I am exercising and eating very small portions. I am having doubts about ever getting this thing put into my body. My first fill is in two more weeks ---- please tell me it gets better. Other than watching portions, drinking lots of Water and exercising every day - what else can I do to get through this ?????????? I understand if if stay the same weight - but GAINING! WTF??? Thanks for listening.

Hello, I'm in the same boat. I've lost 25lbs since the start of my process to date. My surgery was Dec 13th. I gained a few pounds over the holidays. I am eating less making healthy choices, also exercising and still having trouble losing. Don't get discouraged, from reading alot on these forums this seems to be the norm for a lot of us. As everyone is different some lose right away and some take a few "fills" to start feeling enough restriction to jump start our weight loss. Hang in there and be patient. Your body is also still healing, don't push yourself too much or start regretting the surgery already. This is a slow process. If you are gaining significant amounts of weight back, you should talk to your Doc and/or nutritionist.

Cheer up! Your journey has just begun! :)

Thank you Victoria! I appreciate your reply.... I think it is easy to assume this thing is a silver bullet going into it and the fact that it is not is difficult to swallow... I am thinking to avoid the scale for a week but I am afraid if I do that, it could get worse... After reading the posts it seems this is very common but I wasn't expecting it at all... If i go higher than 5 pounds over my lowest i will probably have a melt down... Lol

Good luck to you and keep me posted. Best, kristy

Hello! I was banded on Dec. 21. Didn't lose much before surgery because I was supposed to do Sugar Buster diet but really didn't stick to it. SInce surgery I have lost almost 15. This week has been a struggle. Scheduled for 1st fill on Feb. 1.

Thank you Victoria! I appreciate your reply.... I think it is easy to assume this thing is a silver bullet going into it and the fact that it is not is difficult to swallow... I am thinking to avoid the scale for a week but I am afraid if I do that, it could get worse... After reading the posts it seems this is very common but I wasn't expecting it at all... If i go higher than 5 pounds over my lowest i will probably have a melt down... Lol

Good luck to you and keep me posted. Best, kristy

Hi All! I feel the same way, a little nervous. I was banded on 12/30/2010 and have lost only 13 pbs so far. I did lose a total of 51 pounds so far. I started losing in september

after my seminar. I go for my first fill on 2/10 so I am anxious to see if it makes a difference. My nutrionist said that weeks three through six are known as lapband hell because you can

pretty much eat what ever you want. I have been trying to stick to what the nutritionist says to eat but its not easy sometime. I want this to work and Im not giving up but it is Hell!!!!! lol

Thanks for letting me share..

Hi All! I feel the same way, a little nervous. I was banded on 12/30/2010 and have lost only 13 pbs so far. I did lose a total of 51 pounds so far. I started losing in september

after my seminar. I go for my first fill on 2/10 so I am anxious to see if it makes a difference. My nutrionist said that weeks three through six are known as lapband hell because you can

pretty much eat what ever you want. I have been trying to stick to what the nutritionist says to eat but its not easy sometime. I want this to work and Im not giving up but it is Hell!!!!! lol

Thanks for letting me share..

Looks like we're in the same boat. I can't wait to get banded Friday. I'm really hoping to feel different because my appetite seems to be picking up :o

B)Hello All..

I was banded on Dec.6. 2010. Pre surigical diet was my biggest loss so far.lol I stared at 235, was 221 on surgery date, gained 10lbs with Fluid from the surgery, lost that too, and am now at 209. I just keep waiting for the losing to kick in..

I have gotten 2.5 cc inserted, just 4 weeks ago.. so far I don't feel much of a restriction. When I went in for my appt , last week, I had lost 4 lbs in 3 weeks, so she didn't add any more fluid. I was kind of disappointed..

I know I have to WORK on exercising, which I am daily, and work on eating habits, which as all of you I struggle with..seems to be a normal thing.

Well I was banded Dec 16th and my weight loss was gong fine until my 2nd fill I have lost nothing! Well okay 2lbs in 3 weeks. But it seems like nohing! I had lost 36lbs up to that point! :( My Physician Assistant warned me this would happen and that weight gain could happen to but dang is it hard to deal with!

I get so aggravated because it has slowed and non I am fighting the good old demons to stay strong and not slip into old habits! And not getting full really sucks!!!

Glad to see others in the same boat! I hope by may we are all out of this.....