Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am starting to wonder if my band has slipped.....or if I am just eating because I am bored.

I started a New Years Resolution and it included not taking phentermine's and redbull daily for energy....So here I am and now I am constantly eating. So my question is what does it feel to have a slipped band....Can you tell when it slips? I don't have the pain or anything like that..Just seems like I am constantly eating. I am scared, because I have no insurance anymore...So everything is out of pocket for me. How much does it cost to have fixed if it is slipped?

Like today, I have eaten and eaten...and I do feel full. But in bout and hour I will prolly eat again..I am at 7ccs and don't feel the restriction like I did when i was at 7ccs before. (Overfilled and had to take all out and start over again). Is it possibly a slippage? Or is it prolly all in my head?

I am pretty darn sure it's not a slip. My doc. said if the band slips suddenly you can't keep anything down. Not even fluids. Do you have an appointment for a fill? Could you call and get in sooner if it's not in the immediate future? Right now I would concentrate on eating the right foods (low carb, low fat, high protien). Your meals may be larger than they will be once you have restriction, but at least it's a great start. Starting a workout program would be great also. It did wonders for me. Start off slow and gradually increase the duration/intensity. Journaling your food intake is probably a good idea as well. It will help you see where your at and you can bring it to the doc. as info to help him/her to know how much to fill you.

Hi;

I had a small slip and didn't have any pain or difficulty swallowing. In fact, I don't know when it happened. The way I found out was that I noticed that I was eating more and the scale started creaping up so I went in for a fill. Ended up totally unfilled and two months later got band replaced.

Hope all ends up okay for you.

I still love my bands - first band and second band.

Sue

Hi;

I had a small slip and didn't have any pain or difficulty swallowing. In fact, I don't know when it happened. The way I found out was that I noticed that I was eating more and the scale started creaping up so I went in for a fill. Ended up totally unfilled and two months later got band replaced.

Hope all ends up okay for you.

I still love my bands - first band and second band.

Sue

Hi Sue,

What do you mean by "unfilled"? Did the doc unfill it or did it just come out on it's own? Also, why was it replaced?

Hi Sue,

What do you mean by "unfilled"? Did the doc unfill it or did it just come out on it's own? Also, why was it replaced?

Kat -

The doc tried the things that sometimes work to get your stomach to move back into position, that is he unfilled my band, and liquids only for I can't remember how long. That didn't work, so my band was replaced. I had the older small band (4.0 cc's maximum) and his practice stopped using them shortly after I got mine. They seem to cause more trouble than the newer bands. So, that's why they replaced my old band with a new one. If not for the older version, I think that I would have just had a repositioning surgery. Either way, same recovery and result.

Take care.

Sue

Thanks guys for your replies!!!

Had an emergency Doc appt yesterday. He said it was fine, and I that I needed more in...So now at 7.6ccs. And ready to keep positive and move on.... =-.)

Sue, how exactly do they know if the band has slipped tho?

Thanks guys for your replies!!!

Had an emergency Doc appt yesterday. He said it was fine, and I that I needed more in...So now at 7.6ccs. And ready to keep positive and move on.... =-.)

Sue, how exactly do they know if the band has slipped tho?

Hi:

They did a barium swallow and could see that some of my stomach came up over the band. Wouldn't slip back down again, so I had to have it fixed surgically.

Sue

Hi:

They did a barium swallow and could see that some of my stomach came up over the band. Wouldn't slip back down again, so I had to have it fixed surgically.

Sue

Thanks Sue! :)

I was banded December 02 2009. I wonder myself if my band has slipped or something. I cant be doing this all wrong. I have only lost about 30 pounds, how crazy is that.

So I am starting to wonder if my band has slipped.....or if I am just eating because I am bored.

I started a New Years Resolution and it included not taking phentermine's and redbull daily for energy....So here I am and now I am constantly eating. So my question is what does it feel to have a slipped band....Can you tell when it slips? I don't have the pain or anything like that..Just seems like I am constantly eating. I am scared, because I have no insurance anymore...So everything is out of pocket for me. How much does it cost to have fixed if it is slipped?

Like today, I have eaten and eaten...and I do feel full. But in bout and hour I will prolly eat again..I am at 7ccs and don't feel the restriction like I did when i was at 7ccs before. (Overfilled and had to take all out and start over again). Is it possibly a slippage? Or is it prolly all in my head?

I was banded December 02 2009. I wonder myself if my band has slipped or something. I cant be doing this all wrong. I have only lost about 30 pounds, how crazy is that.

WoW! You have only lost a total of 30? What has your Doctor said about that? I have lost like 35 since I got banded. I know I don't always eat healthy, but still. Do you feel restriction? How many CC's are you at? That is kinda odd......Do you excersise like you should? I know I don't...So no judgement if you don't.

Over the last week or two my band became much tighter than usual. As a result I was PBing a lot more! Like in the past after my stomach gets irritated from being tight and PBs, I usually get pain and can only drink Water and pudding. This time it's different. I have been really sore and can barely keep down water. I can't sleep because when I lay down I have more pain and that's when even water comes back up. Usually if I get irritated it goes away within 12-24 hours but this in going on 48-72 hours. I'm really getting worried that I have slipped. Any opinions or feedback on this would be great! I called my doc yesterday and they can't get me in til Monday but I am calling in a few minutes when they open to beg for an emergency appt. today. I am so uncomfortable and tired because I can't lay down to sleep. I have to sleep sitting up so I wake up every half an hour...feel like getting this thing removed all together sometimes but don't want gain weight. I have about 30lbs until my goal and I'm getting married in May. Don't know what to do!

Over the last week or two my band became much tighter than usual. As a result I was PBing a lot more! Like in the past after my stomach gets irritated from being tight and PBs, I usually get pain and can only drink Water and pudding. This time it's different. I have been really sore and can barely keep down Water. I can't sleep because when I lay down I have more pain and that's when even water comes back up. Usually if I get irritated it goes away within 12-24 hours but this in going on 48-72 hours. I'm really getting worried that I have slipped. Any opinions or feedback on this would be great! I called my doc yesterday and they can't get me in til Monday but I am calling in a few minutes when they open to beg for an emergency appt. today. I am so uncomfortable and tired because I can't lay down to sleep. I have to sleep sitting up so I wake up every half an hour...feel like getting this thing removed all together sometimes but don't want gain weight. I have about 30lbs until my goal and I'm getting married in May. Don't know what to do!

WoW! I dunno...I have had it to where I can't get anything down, not even my saliva, but that is because I was overfilled...(Scary situation!! I lost 4lbs overnite). But I called my Doc and they had me come in ASAP. I really hope you got in for an emergency appt. I would say stick it out....If it has not slipped, maybe they can take a lil more out, then get to your goal and have them take more out and just try to maintain. I know out of all the things I have been through, although nothing as drastic as that, I would do this 100 times over again.....but I say that now, I might have to change my mind later.

I hope all goes well with your band! =-.)

Keep me posted, so I can know more and know what to look for in the future.