Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandings....How is everyone doing?

Hi - I was banded 12/10/05, going on day 23 and on mushy foods finally! I had a terrible time sticking to liquids and pushed it only to have had my first pb etc...have now settled down with my eating and am amazed how easy this all is once I could incorporate some regular food. Happy with Protein shakes all day (with Water in between) and having lovely Soups for dinner. Today, I had soft boiled eggs (2) for Breakfast as an experiment and they were great! I can alternatively eat a lot and then other times just a cup...I am looking forward to my first fill as I am very compulsive and need the restriction!

My port site has been the most painful part of the whole process, but now I can pull myself out of bed without it hurting! Have been walking fine but went for a bike ride today and it pulled on the port so won't try again for a while.

Best of luck to everyone and aren't we proud!

Don't worry duckster...I wasn't implying that you said it wasn't real. Just reminding folks that those pain meds really do help. I stopped taking them too soon and was achy and my daughter had to remind me to take them.

:confused:

I was banded 12-29-2005 in Hurst. The first three days were a little tough still trying to get use to the food. Following all the rules. I have been listiening in here for the last month so I had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen. I have lost 6 lbs in 4 days.

Hoping to return to work on Wed.

jobander

Hello fellow December banders. I was banded on December 1, 2005 and am doing very well. I feel great and have started to exercise more than just walking. I have lost 14 pounds and am mostly looking forward to my first fill on 1-12-06. For all you newbies, it gets better. Take it easy and use this time to get yourself into the right frame of mind to decide what chages you need to make for this "tool" to be successful. (if you haven't done this already). Together we can make 2006 the best! Criss

hello fellow december bandsters. i was banded dec 2 2005 and feel wonderful. i have lost a total of 22 lbs...and could not be happier.

i did follow my doctors eating directions completely, which i think helped with the quick weight loss. i have been walking 3 miles twice a week, and now that the holidays are over plan on making it every day.

i did have 2 incidents where i ate food too fast that brought me pain in my chest. it only lasted about 10 seconds, then i was fine. i stopped eating and slowed down then. the band did exactly what it was suppossed to do. i don't have a fill yet so i am thrilled.

i threw up twice on Soup in the third week...eating way to fast. it was yucky but what i needed to happen...it has not happened since.

i do have my hunger back, but i am trying so hard to stick to the rules of Protein first (i love meat and can eat it just slowly). at first i was just eating mashed potatoes and Soup. the thing about that is i can eat alot of it!!!! eating Protein for me first (actual food, not a shake) works best for me. i am full and have a lot more energy than i did in the beginning!!

i think we should all joing the wl challange...we can do this together!!

hope all had a happy new year!!

It is great to hear from all of you who were also banded in December. I am looking forward to my first fill as well on 1/25. I have not had much pain and the pain I have had is not that bad. I experienced my first post surgery I want to eat to make myself feel better today. My son took the bus home, and no one was there. The afterschool program called to report that he was not there. I found him and he was safely at a neighbor's house, but then I wanted to eat to make myself feel better. I did not but realized for the first time how often I must have done that in the past. First of many battles to come I am sure : )

HI everybody... I was banded on the 12/15 and since I"ve been on mushy foods I"ve been experiencing extreme pain at night when it time to go to bed. I think its hunger pain my stomach starts to growl and its very painful. I don't want to eat at 11 p.m. becuase its to late but then I'm up till 3:00 am with stomach pains and hipcups... I called the Dr today and the nurse told me I wasn't getting enough Protein in I should have 3 shakes a day... If I eat to much I don't PB but I get extremly bad pain in my left side like nerve pain almost close to what I was experiencing during the 1st week post op. So I only eat 1 thing at at time 1/2 cup of whatever mushy it will be. But over all I"m doing pretty good I exercise every other day about 30 mins at a time. and oh! I have a lot of pulling and sensitive pain near the port it is still a little warmer than the rest of my body. I ve been checking for swelling and redness none so far. I hope others are doing good...

I had mine done December 9th. I've done very well. Almost too well. I have not looked at the scale since my one week visit. I hate scales in all forms. I don't look at them until I see serious weight loss. At that time I had lost 12 lbs but I wouldn't be surprized if I have either stayed the same or gained.

I really can't wait for my fill. I have seen a definite reduction in my appetite, but I can eat anything. And believe me, although I did try to be good at Christmas, I also wasn't being rediculously restrictive either. The good news is I hope to get pregnant within the next 2-3 years and knowing I can eat a "regular" amount (regular for normal people) is very comforting.

My 2 biggest problems right now are getting exersize in and planning what I eat so I can plan to do better. Exersize is a real problem because I have a 2 year old who HATES to go the the YMCA and not get to swim every time we're there. He has also been slightly under the weather so when you are fighting your own inner battle to get to the gym and then have to fight my strong willed 2 year old, it gets very frustrating and overwhelming. I know I must do it. I just have to get my stuff in order.

Any suggestions on a good diet plan????? Anyone ever tried E-diets? I'm not looking for anything crazy, just a good food plan. PLMK.

God bless us, every one!

Hi All,

I had a little setback yesterday ... :D

I was banded 12/28, and had been doing okay until last Friday when I started to get nauseous from even the smallest amount of fluids, and was getting the "golfball" feeling if I tried to drink more than a couple sips of something. It didn't get better and I got dehydrated. My doctor recommended an overnight hospital stay with an IV. I'm back home and feel m-u-c-h better! ;-)

I know that I will NOT be losing weight this fast once I get to mushies, but I've lost 18 pounds since surgery last Wednesday!

My doctor's post-surgery diet is super cautious and I am just now supposed to graduate to full liquids today, but he recommended another couple days of Clear Liquids to make sure I don't go back to the nauseau stage. No! I can't take it anymore! I want to take every last can of broth I have right now and drive them to the local food shelf. I am now having dreams of solid food - how pathetic!:ermm

I guess I'd better follow his recommendations - he's done enough of these surgeries to know best. And it will help me to drop more weight in the beginning.

Congrats to all us December bandsters ... 2006 here we come!

I had to do the same thing with the gym - we have a fabulous one locally, with great classes that miraculously suit the creche times, but every single time it turned into a huge tantrum over going in the pool - as its also a big swimming complex with 2 olympic size pools, a wave pool and a gorgeous toddler pool with a big slide coming out of a frog's mouth! I couldnt hack the whining so I didnt rejoin there, but went to another gym. Its' OK but has only half the equipment, so when they say 20 mins only on the treadmill they mean it, there's people lined up waiting. Boo hoo.

My last 2 days have been ventures into proper solid food and have gone fine. I've eaten slowly but boy it feels good to eat steamed veges again. I'm still losing well so I dont see a problem with the fact that I can eat nearly anything and that I can eat a reasonable amount at one sitting. I dont quite understand why you wouldnt be happy with being able to do that and lose weight at the same time. If I'm still like this in another 2 weeks I will be saying to my surgeon when I see him that I dont want a fill yet.

Hi ...i Was Also Banded 11-6-05...i Am Doing Good....sometimes I Do Have A Bit Of Side Pain....maybe My Port?????? I Have Lost A Total Of 20 Lbs....went Up A Few After X-mas But Started Slim Fast To Get Me Back On Track And Lost Again....head Hunger Is No Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck Everyone......

Vanessa,

I was banded just a few days after you, 12/13 and feel the same way about my fill. I am trying to be good about following my diet, but I can also eat anything. I have started to lose again : ) though I can not do anything but walk due to some small surgery complications that increase my hurnia risk.

My son loves to go to the YMCA, but he is 6. Does your Y have family time? Mine has family time where they have activities for children so that the parents can either join them or go off an exersize. That may help. Mine had a room for younger kids with activities in one area and mats in another for the kids to be active.

My program has told me once on all solid food that I should try to stay around 1200 calories per day, (which is 24 points on weight watchers. I find it easier to count the points than count to 1200. Pathetic I know!!!!) Part of the 1200 calories is 60 grams of protien. I am told to eat all protien first then if still hungry eat other things.

I am not having any more children, but also like that I can eat a normal diet and be healthy with a band : )

Hope this helps!!!!!

Hello all fellow December bandsters. I am happy to say that I am down 30 lbs since the 1st of Dec. (had to do liquid diet before sugery). BMI down 5 points. The only problem I have is a lump (size of a racquetball) under the main incision that gets tender once in awhile. Doc isnt worried, he says its just scar tissue forming.

Im hungry sometimes, but I agree with Dawn NH...MILK HELPS!

I wish everyone luck in the following year, and newbies...hang in there...it gets alot better soon!

Bad News!!! I just came home fromthe ER I pulled the muscles in my stomach.. Pain from HE double hockey sticks... I'm back on Lortab and now Celebrex. Surgery DR. said it ok for the celebrex... I'm a little depressed becuase I had increased my walking to 2 30 minute walks a day... Now I cant do any exercise. I'm a little low in spirits now so say a prayer for me...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I am still out here (somewhere). I have not been spending quite as much time on the sites lately (Holidays were so so busy - my birthday, sister's birthday, and my now 2 year old's birthday on top of Christmas and New Years! Whew!!)

I have been doing pretty well, but I find it VERY easy to overdo it in the food dept. For instance, tonight was my little one's birthday party, so I was very skimpy on food this morning (you know, saving up!!) Tonight I had a couple of mozzarella sticks, about 4 squares of homemade pizza(maybe more), and a 2" square of birthday cake. I ate so much it almost made me sick, I can not understand why I allow myself to do this! Before, it would have been at least 5 cheese sticks, at least half a pizza, and a MUCH MUCH larger slice of cake (or two), but I still had WAY over 2000 calories in just that one meal. I can't wait to get some restriction (I know I have some, but I want a lot more!!)

I have my first fill on the 13th - woo hoo!! I have been exercising on my own according to my www.sparkpeople.com guidelines, and I will begin at the gym on Monday. I can't wait to find the new me somewhere hidden deep inside!!!

Oh, by the way, sparkpeople is a super site for help with weight loss. You need to wait until you are on solids, but it gives you a personalized exercise program, so many goals you can work toward, daily incentives, and you can track all of your food on it!! I add my personal daily foods onto the database, that way others can use them too (such as my unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein powder). Did I mention that it is free???

Well, everyone, I hope you are all getting into the New Year with a view of the new you to come!!!

Good Luck!

~cheri