Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2011 - banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

The snow is gone...yeah!!! I'm hoping it will get to at least 45 today so I can go out and clean my herb garden and hoe at least one of the other raised beds. I've made a vow that I'll either work in the garden for an hour or do Richard Simmons. Please God let it be nice enough to work outside!

I washed two of the walls in the living room yesterday in prep for painting, but then my 18 year old walked through and asked, "So, mom, what are you going to do with Beelz (demon kitty) until the paint dries." Uh...crud. :blink:

I have visions of painting the trim around the picture window, only to have the 12 lb bruiser hop up on the sill and then wander with painted feet across the carpet. Not that the carpet doesn't need replacing, but I hadn't planned on doing it just yet!

<ping>...that was a pin dropping.

checkin' in ............... not much going on .... SOS (same old shit) ..... trying not to gain weight while I wait for my fill date.

It's been nice to have some spring weather here..... a bit of snow , a bit of fog and a bit of rain.

Snow? What is snow?

I am here. Life is calming down. MIL's death certificate arrived today. sad.gif

I will be on travel next week. Last October I took minutes for and slightly facilitated the District Manager's Team for the Western Service Area. I guess they liked my work and found me trustworthy (they talk about some things that should not be made common knowledge), they have asked me to join them for their next meeting and assist again rather than using the local admin help. I take that as quite the compliment.

After all the stress of the last few weeks and all the stuck episodes, my band has loosened back up. I guess it is time to think about a fill, that will usually tighten things up!

Look at my ticker <trying to act nonchalant>.

Hi Ladies,

It's been too long since I've posted...sorry about that. Life has slowly returning to normal (as normal as can be) since the death of my dad. We didn't have a funeral fir him, but followed his wishes and had an open bar fir all friends at his favorite watering hole. It was incredible...that's what I want when my time comes! I got to hear great stories about my dad from people that really loved him.

I go for another fill next week while on my spring break. I think I need it, but might cancel if I change my mind.

Denise: I am sorry about the loss of your MIL. I hope the extended family doesn't make you too crazy!!

Take care everyone!

Deb

Deb,

I'm with you...that is a great send off for a loved one. What better way than with laughter and warm memories!

Melody, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Deb, i LOVE it!! That's how I want to go out. Have already told my DH. No sadness and boo hoos. Ok, maybe some boo hoos. But have a party and remember the fun times. I don't know how many services I have gone to that were "celebrations of life" where everyone was sad, morose, and crying. That is not my idea of a celebration. My MIL's service was also called a celebration, but there was not much celebrating going on. I think the life of a person who made it to 94 before feeling bad SHOULD be celebrated.

If you aren't sure about a fill, don't do it. But it is SO hard to decide sometimes. For me, every time I start to think about it, my band tightens up on me! Sheesh!

Happy Easter to all who Celebrate it. Happy Holidays to those who don't but do the Easter bunny thing and for the rest...hope it's another good day. I'm being PC and covering all the bases. :D

We were supposed to have my husband's mother over to dinner today but he, inconveniently, came home with some kind of stomach bug yesterday afternoon. I'm debating whether to cancel (since I enjoy her company) or quarantine him in the bedroom. Since I already bought the ham, asparagus and brussel sprouts, I'm thinking the latter.

Hope all is going well with everyone!

Hey ladies,

There's so little activity here and most of you have already friended me on Facebook, so I'm going to take my leave of the LBT. As a whole, I find it quite hostile to low carb...despite the fact that so many surgeons put their band patients on low carb following surgery and I realized today that it's one 'stress' in my life that I don't need.

See you on Facebook!

We woke up to about 2 inches of Easter snow today. It melted off and is snowing again. Oh well, we didn't get enough snow this winter and that kinda freaks me out because I live in the forest. Any moisture is welcome. I hope you all had a nice Easter.

Just checking in since I am playing hookie from work::D

Deb--that is exactly what I wanted for my own funeral. That is a true celebration of life--I do not want any sadness whatever.

Melody--see you on FB:) We will miss you

Geez...I say I'm going away and no posts for several days? Well, I decided not to. I think I was just having a down day and allowed the stress to get to me, but as Jack Nicholson said in "The Shining"...Honey...I'm ho-o-ome. :D

I've been trying a bunch of things lately to help me with this continued *desire* to eat. I'm not hungry, but I still think of food way too often. Increasing my Protein seemed to be successful but I have to be very careful since the two max-protein drinks (50gm) are 200 calories each. I can't get that much Protein in real food without exhorbitant calories which is why I chose the Protein Drinks to supplement.

I was going to do intermittent fasting (IF) based on some articles by Dr. Michael Eades (he has a blog). After following his writings for a couple years, I've come to respect what he has to say. However, yesterday (during my first fast day), I found his follow-up article that was written several years after his initial article...and he said that the short term studies just don't pan out as far as increasing insulin sensitivity (my reason for doing it), although it does help suppress ghrelin. So for those without metabolic disorders, IF may still be the way to go to suppress the ghrelin. Oh, IF works with any WOE...low carb or high carb.

My hoodia (recommendation by Dr. Bernstein) arrived yesterday, so I'm going to back my protein down to 60gm like it was before and see if this works at killing the desire to eat. He says it works as an appetite suppressant in 65% of his patients. I love that he *gets* that it's not all about hunger. It's all about the brain's desire to eat even when there is no hunger. Something to do with the ghrelin/leptin connection...but I'm just starting to read on that.

Anyway...I promised my youngest son I would repair his baby quilt so he could take it off with him to Cedar Point (his summer job). I'm not sure what that says about my sons that they still cart their baby quilts wherever they go. My oldest son and his wife even took their 'ya-ya's' (blankies) on their honeymoon! :blink:

Have a good one!

Helloooooo all!

I am back from my trip. Sorry I did not get a chance to post while I was gone. I was a busy bee! DH came along, so after work we were out and about.

The first night we went out with my District Manager and his wife to a German Beer Hall, complete with Ooompa Band. It was very fun. Saw my manager do the chicken dance! So now I have started a rumor that I have it on video! laugh.gif

I got stuck several times. It seems every time I travel, even if by car or boat, I get stuck. I think it is just the stress of travel. But, at least I did not have to leave the meeting to urp, yay for me!!!!

Elfie, I am happy you are sticking around. You still have valuable insight and advice to offer. Once a bandster, always a bandster!

Hey Melody! I am also Melody! I was just banded on April Fools Day. I also have Tinkerbell stickers on my dirt bike. Small world :)