Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2011 - banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Hey Melody! I am also Melody! I was just banded on April Fools Day. I also have Tinkerbell stickers on my dirt bike. Small world :)

Hello Melody! I meet a fair number of Melanie's...but few Melody's. Too funny about Tinkerbell. I love her but my husband says she doesn't exactly qualify as the 'world's largest elf'...his nickname for me. Good thing I love him or I'd have to smack him.

Congrats on your banding! How are you doing so far?

Denise,

Woohoo...someone else who knows what the chicken dance is! My husband had never heard of it until he married me. A video is definitely good blackmail material. :D

I started my hoodia a few days back and I "think" it's working, but it could be just that I'm having a good day. So we'll give it awhile longer. One side effect, and they did say this was a possible, is that my blood sugars seem to be running slightly lower. A good thing since I'm trying to get them down enough that eventually my A1C will be around 5 instead of 7.

Otherwise nothing new to report here. Two weeks from the wedding and that blasted scale is stuck on 201 lbs! :angry: I love in hope though!

Well, I have decided that I need new granny panties. I have some from the olden days that I wear with dresses, but the butt is sooo droopy, I think I really need to break down and get me some new ones! I love buying bikinis now that they fit, but sometimes you need the granny ones, ya know?

And I have been wearing my "new" sized bras for so long, they are wearing out! What a concept, needing to replace garments because they are worn out and not outgrown! tongue.gif 47 years old, and this is a first! tee hee!!

Melody, just hang on to a towel rack when you step on the scale and shazam! Onderland! Ok, cheating, but seriously, you've come so far, and will look so wonderful, no one is going to know you aren't under 200--being at 201. To look at you at 201 or 199, no one could see a difference. You go with your head held high and enjoy your son's big day! Of course, with 2 weeks to go, you just might make it!

That is what I hate about having a number with a date as a goal. We feel as though we failed if we don't make it. But you didn't. Look at what you have achieved! There are just too many variables sometimes. We cannot control if our bodies hang on to some fat cells that we swear should be gone! But, look at what you have learned about yourself and your body. Ok, crawling off my soapbox.

We are taking our neighbors out for sushi tonight for watching Butters while we were gone last week and while we were on our cruise. Also for the pair of their son's shoes he ate while we were cruising. Little snot ate a brand new pair of shoes. He has never chewed anything other than a dog toy before. Of course, they would not let us reimburse them. So this is our best compromise. Yum!

Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well and had a nice weekend! Mine was quiet and that is certainly OK by me!! I have to conduct a training for other teachers for two of the next three weekends. :( I head back to work tomorrow after finally having spring break. It was a quiet week, but I did end up getting a fill and I feel pretty good. When they asked at my lapband doctor's appointment about my month I told them about losing my dad and the robbery of my home...they were so sweet to me. I guess I never realized that they send a report to my primary doctor's office and that someone actually reads those reports. The next day the physicians assistant that I always see called me on my cell phone to see how I was holding up because she read the report from my lapband doctor and was worried because I had gone through so much in the last month. I feel so fortunate to have such a great team of doctors!! I was really blown away by their kindness.

Denise...I need new undies and bras too! I've been holding off until I get smaller, but now I just look ridiculous with my baggy bras and undies! It's also time to re-size my wedding band and engagement ring. I can now fit both of them on my middle finger. My husband told me to just stop wearing them because he's afraid I'll lose them. I like the idea of wearing them on my middle finger so I can give people my 'one fingered' salute with my shiny rings. Ha ha ha

I swear I'll try not to stay away too long again. I'm still sort of in a haze.

Deb

I also wear my rings on my middle finger, when I actually wear them. Weird thing is I'm not much smaller now than when I got them but they are really lose. Maybe your fingers just get naturally thinner as you get older too. I have put off getting them resized as my fingers differ so much from warm weather to cold weather that I don't know which season to have them sized for!

As usual I have been reading but not posting. Melody please don't go - i love reading your posts . I agree that we should not measure success or failure by a number on a scale. That just sets you up for disappointment. Melody please post some pics of you at the wedding - I am dying to see how stunning you look.

I am going for my hysterectomy on Friday. If you have shares in Kotex, Libra, Tampax etc I would advise you to sell them now as their sales are going to plummet. I calculated that of the last 80 days I have been bleeding for 63! I am so over it.I am trying not to think about the actual op as I hate going under. It doesn't matter how many times I've done it there is always that fear that maybe I won't wake up. And then of course there is the nausea and feeling like shit when you come around. But on the plus side everyone tells me that I will feel great afterwards so bring it on! I have been told that I do not need an unfill for the op which is good. The anaesthetist wanted to know if I had a lot of reflux but i have none so he is happy to leave things as they are.

Wondering how I will cope without being able to drive. I am hoping to be allowed out at 3 weeks max as I am not very good when my wings are clipped. It will be interesting to see what the family cook and how late we will be eating. It's not that they can't cook but to have to do it everyday including during the week after work could be a challenge. I have a feeling there could be a lot of KFc, MCDs etc on the menu(yuck)!

I thought everyone knew what the chicken Dance was!

What did everyone think of Wills and Kates Wedding? I was a little disappointed with her dress - It was beautiful and elegant but I thought it lacked the Wow factor.

Howdy all, just checking in.

I can't wait for my fill on the 6th. I have kept my band pretty tight the entire time so this hunger so fast after I eat is driving me crazy. I've gained 6 pounds, but figure it will come back off after I get a little tweak fill.

I have wedding ring issues too. I had them sized up years ago after I had gained weight and figured I would never be that small again. Then I gained more weight, refused to have them sized up again, so stopped wearing them. Now they are too loose and spin on my finger. I don't know if they fit my middle finger. I guess I should check it out.

I've been reading again. I go through phases when I read book after book and then don't read again for months. It doesn't burn many calories does it? :unsure: Oh well. I read Nora Roberts "The Search" and loved it. Then I read Lori Foster "When You Dare." I couldn't put that one down! Very Good! I love Lori Foster books.

Melody: I'm doing good! Lost a little over 20 lbs and I get my first fill this Tuesday. So far I just love the band. I am enjoying the journey.

I have the day off because my boss took a little vacation. I too have a wedding to attend very soon, so I figured it was a good time to go through my closet. What a chore! I think I may have found a few things that might work. I have a closet downstairs to go through too......ugh. It's so hard to know what to keep and what to get rid of. Of course the thought of something going south with my band is in the back of my mind, so I tend to want to keep some of the stuff that is just a bit too large on me right now. I may take off more weight, so I may want to keep things that seem a bit too small. I did have a few laughs when I tried on stuff that looks so "80s". It's cool I can fit in the stuff again, but would I ever go out of the house in it? LOL, why am I wasting closet space on some of this stuff!

Denise: Granny panties...bahahahaha! I seriously need new underwear, but it seems like all I can find are the high cuts and I'm sorry but it's really gross when your belly falls through the leg hole. TMI? :blink: I'm definitely going to need a tummy tuck...and boob job...and bat flap removal and butt lift. I'm thinking if they just pull everything up, tie a knot at the top of my head and cut it off...I'll have a goatee (think about it). ROFLMAO.

Elcee: Bummer about having to deal with the postop crud again...and dealing with all the stuff that follows a hysterectomy, but it probably will be a relief (selling my stock in tampax) to have this resolved. Will you have to go through some type of hormone therapy as a result?

HB: Hang in there! Only 4 more days!

Belle: Wow...20 lbs! Fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Dr. Bernstein in "Diabetes Solution" said that many of his patients lost their desire to eat (along with the cravings) just by eliminating the grains, starches and fruit...but some don't. I'm one of them. Despite being grain, starch and fruit free and keeping my carbs under 30, I still count down the hours from one meal to the next. Obsess is the only thing that comes to mind. He mentioned that 65% of his patients found Hoodia successful in eliminating this 'obsession'.

I've heard about Hoodia for years but never took it seriously. I figured if it was that wonderful, wouldn't everyone use it and nobody would be fat? Then add the fact that people are selling 'Hoodia' that contains no Hoodia. However, based on his recommendations, I did find a reputable supplier and one with a money back guarantee. So, still very skeptical, I thought...let's try it.

Well, I think I'm a convert. I'm taking 400mg in the morning and then 1200mg right after lunch. Nothing for the first 2 days, but since then 'whoa baby!' I'm not eating my first meal of the day until about 1 p.m. and I have to consciously make sure to drink my Water (it also suppresses thirst) or I'll forget to drink as well. Then I eat again with my husband at 6 p.m. I don't think about food at all except when it's time to fix my meal! Guess I'm one that Hoodia works on. I am not hungry when I eat, but I eat because I know I need to and I'm not counting off the minutes until my next meal. I can even drive by my old triggers (Wendy's) and consciously acknowledge that a double with cheese would taste great, but make the choice not to because the desire to eat when I'm not hungry is *GONE*.

Me...not interested in food. Unbelievable.

I guess it's time for me to join this thread, too! I have read almost all of the original and it seems like you gals are the most experienced bandsters out there on the forum right now :) When I first started posting to LBT, I felt there were a lot of folks who posted frequently and I could relate to. Now the "vibe" has changed for some reason :( I still get on almost every day though. Definitely interested in keeping up e-relationships with banded people - I'm a "closet" bandster and need to be able to share with people that are like me! I'm coming up on my 6month month bandiversary and am bearing down on a 50 pound loss since I started with the pre-op. I am VERY happy with my decision! I am probably at my sweet spot as of my last micro-fill on Dec 20. I have read how some gals say they get tighter during their TOM which I have never noticed. However, THIS month I have noticed a huge difference with that. It could also be that I was 11-12 days out from my last fill and the fill "kicked in" a bit more. Have to watch and see as I am realizing that if I stay this tight, it might not be a good thing. All meat has been difficult to get down, with the exception of some fish I cooked today - it was great and tasted sooo good as I have been only able to eat mushy stuff and small quantities of it to boot the last few days. Tonight's dinner (roast pork and sauerkraut, of course!) went much better as well. Enjoyed my NY's eve last night. Hubs and I had 3 parties to stop by at and say hello to friends and family. Last party was some friends we had not seen in a while. Got so many gasps of how good I looked...it felt awesome and I practically had to pinch myself to believe that I have accomplished what I have accomplished so far! I'm in onederland to stay and am wearing size 14's again. I am past the halfway mark to my goal and hope to reach it by my one year mark. I have a son graduating from high school this year and am having a big party in May. I'm working hard to get my house and myself in shape for the big event! I am training with a friend to run a half-marathon in May as well. I always write a letter to myself and pack it away in the Christmas decorations to read next year. My letter from last year talked about how I was in the worst shape of my life and I wrote a future question to myself , "Did you do anything about your health in 2010?" It felt so good to read my letter and know that I did do something. Something big. Something that has changed my life :) Let's all rock in 2011!!!

It was so neat reading your letter here. 50 pounds in 6 months! Fantastic. I hope to be banded in a few weeks, and hope for similar results. You said you are training for a half marathon. I can't imagine running, let alone a half marathon! How much did you lose before taking up running? I walk and bicycle (but not near enough). Hope to improve as summer and band are approaching! What a great idea to put a note in with your Christmas decorations to read the next year! I will definitely start doing that!

Melody - LMAO :lol:

I'm in the same boat with needing everythng lifted or tucked...I told my DH the other day that my body is starting to look like a melting candle...everything is heading south (and I am only about half way to my goal weight). When I finally hit goal I'm gonna be tucking the girls into my pants...LOL...

Melody - LMAO :lol:

I'm in the same boat with needing everythng lifted or tucked...I told my DH the other day that my body is starting to look like a melting candle...everything is heading south (and I am only about half way to my goal weight). When I finally hit goal I'm gonna be tucking the girls into my pants...LOL...

LMAO! You gals crack me up! As I am going through the closet I notice I am still "droopy dwarf". Oh well, at least most of the clothes cover up the droop. I have tons of sun dresses that I don't think will get much use with my arms looking the way they do now.