Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone on here over 60 years old besides me?

I'm almost 57 and I think I know how you feel. I wish this would have been available when I was in the thirties. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten so heavy.

I love my band and all it's done for me;-)

Hey Nanahanna,

Don't worry, there are def a few bandsters over 60 or close to it. I am currently helping my dad through the whole process, and he is now 70 !!!

Good luck with your decision to become a whole new you !

Leah

Thanks Leah! What kind of insurance does your dad have? Is he trying to get Medicare to pay? I will have that in May and if my BCBS refuses I will try Medicare. Thanks for the encouragement!

Sharon

Actually, my dad has BOTH medicare and BC/BS, so I am not sure who is paying for what. He def meets all the criteria for the surgery, so I would be amazed if his insurance turned him down. He is about 50 % done with the whole process and plans on March for the surgery. I never told a soul I was doing this except my husband and best friend. Well, when I heard through the grapevine that my Dad was thinking of doing this, I just HAD to step forward and confess. I mean, what better support than to have a daughter who has already gone through all the ups and downs !!!!

Good Luck and keep us posted on how things are going for you. You will find a wealth of info and so many wonderful people on this site.

Hi Sharon,

I'm not banded yet( doing the 6 month wls approval) for my insurance company. I'll be sixty in July and I know how you feel!!! I sure wish I knew about this process ten yrs ago.:hurt But..... what do they say? better late than never. When will you have your surgery? I expect to finish this whole process sometime the end of April/May.

Roberta

Hi Roberta! I am 61. I hope to have it sometime this summer if I can get insurance approval...if not...then I will have to save up the money! Yipes! That might take a year or so! Good luck with getting your approval!

Sharon

Hi Sharon! I'm only 30 but I wanted to welcome you aboard!

You seem like a pretty cool lady, and mega props to you for getting a band and getting healthier!

You go girl!