Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pain and uncomfortable

What you are going through is perfectly normal. Just listen to your body and do what you can do. As others have said, it is important to get up and moving as much as possible even if it is just walking around the house - it will help with the gas pains tremendously. Also, for those of you with steri-strips, I found that I was having a lot of soreness around the port incision (the other ones didn't bother me at all) but when I went in for my 2 week post surgical check up the surgeon removed the steri-strips and all of that soreness and pulling sensations went away

Curious, I will be banded monday. I had seen a lot of people recommend the children's liquid tylenol post op. Do you just double the dose? I figure the children's dose is going to be too low. I bought the cherry flavor, and hope it tstses ok, I have problems taking liquid meds if they taste nasty. I remember one time I tried to take liquid day quil and ended up spitting it across the room because I could not swallow it due to the taste. So I am concerned if they are to give me liquid pain meds to go home with if I will be able to swallow them. I had also seen that most people got a script to fill prior to surgery, I did not.

For liquid tylenol you have to look at the package, if 12.5ml is 160 mg the normal tylenol dose is 650mg so do the math and take that much...if you can get pain relief from 320mg...25ml that's better but if not you may have to sip it over a couple mins..

Thanks I did not even think to check. 160 mg is 5 mls. Anyways I am going to see if I can exchange it for the adult. I don't want to have to drink that much of it. Unfortunately I threw out the receipt, hopefully they will let me, otherwise, I guess I will just buy the adult anyways.

Great ideas on the Tylenol. Maybe you could get one of those things they give you for babies so you can bypass the toungue and shoot it straight to the back of your throat to get it down?

I am getting banded 12/29/2010 and

CAN.NOT.WAIT.

:Dancing_biggrin:

OMG.. I was banded on 12/10 and so far everyday I feel like I made the wrong decision. I really did not expect all this pain and not being able to get in and out of the bed by myself and etc... The pain medicine they give me was great but it keeps knocking me out so i really dont like to take it. Also the Tylenol rapid burst seems to help and so does the heating pad...

I do hope that all our pain will go away soon!

Happy Weight Loss

I was banded yesterday. I'm in pain too. I left the clinic after about 2 hours and spent the night in a hotel with a friend. Had a restless night with throbbing on my left side and general discomfort. I'm taking a sleeping pill tonight because the meds I picked up for pain have too many side effects. I'd rather just knock myself out.

I walked around this morning and shopped. The shopping in Montreal is fabulous. Montreal women are so chic. I will be going back in 6 months or so for a new wardrobe!!!

If I walked too quickly I had stomach pad or maybe it was nausea. not sure.

But man! My stomach has been growling since the minute I came out of surgery. I've been drinking Boost Protein shakes. I'm not sure why I'm so hungry! WTF?

Great care at Les Cours Medical Centre with Dr. Miller in Montreal.

I got banded Tuesday, the 14th. I stayed overnight at the hospital which was good because I was in a lot of pain. I can home with a Oh-Q pump/cath that helped with the pain but it ran out yesterday and I'm still pretty sore. The swelling in my abdomen has gone done some but I'm still pretty bloated :( . I am getting better every day, it's just a slow process.

The gas was ok when I first came home but it got worse the 2nd day but has gotten better today. My doctor told me that Gas X was pointless and wouldn't do any good so I didn't bother taking any at first. Well, the more I read and saw everyone saying that it helped, I took some and it helped SOOO much.

I second guessed myself the day after wondering why the hell I did this but as I get better I remember exactly why I did and can't wait to get back to feeling normal!:D

I was banded the 14th and feel, almost, human today. Still really sore, but not pain like I had yesterday, well I did just take some narcs about 30 minutes ago becuase my gut is killing me, I think I did too much today. Yesterday I thought I made a mistake and today makes me think that I may be OK. I was actually counting down the days until I can eat real food. I want and egg roll in the worlds worst way.

Heating pad is god!! The doctor will give u pain meds, I had liquid hydrocodone, I was banded Monday took it till wednesday morning and havent taken anything since. I'm on day 4 and I'm pretty much back to normal, just a little sore in my stomach. After 2 nights I was good enough to sleep normal and do normal things

Wow Heather! You improved so fast! Good for you. I told you it gets better every day!

I was banded on the 15th and I was very swollen and gassy yesterday. Today seemed a little better, but I still look pregnant. A friend told me to try ice on my belly to reduce the swelling. I tried that this evening, I don't know if the swelling went down at all, but it did feel better. I also tried the gas x strips and that seemed to help a little with the gas, but there's still a lot trapped in there. Anyways, it's only been 2 days and I'm definately feeling better. Keep your head up, it will get better!

Just banded on the 14th. I'm uncomfortable and stopped using my pain meds a few days ago. I think they made me worse. Now my port site which was unbearable at times is SO MUCH BETTER! I can do a few more things I wasn't able to do like use the bathroom properly (tmi) I know! But hey, you take those things for granted. So it doesn't hurt as much to get out of bed as it does to get in to bed and I still can't drive yet :o( I don't feel back to normal yet and I definately need a nap during the day. One thing I did learn the hard way is to make sure you're hydrated before taking your pain meds! I was sick for a full 24hrs! Ugh! I get this burp/convulsion feeling that doesn't turn into anything but pain. I take a deep breath and the pain goes away. Don't know what that is, but it scares me! I don't like that feeling. I've burped a whole 2 times since Tuesday! I would like to actually burp more! I felt like my stomach was gonna come out of my mouth but the release was great! Coughing/sneezing sucks! I have to hold my port site when I feel either one comming on. I can't sit in certain positions yet because of the port site, which sucks because

Jiust banded on the 14th. I'm uncomfortable and stopped using my pain meds a few days ago. I think they made me worse. Now my port site which was unbearable at times is SO MUCH BETTER! I can do a few more things I wasn't able to do like use the bathroom properly (tmi) I know! But hey, you take those things for granted. So it doesn't hurt as much to get out of bed as it does to get in to bed and I still can't drive yet :o( I don't feel back to normal yet and I definately need a nap during the day. One thing I did learn the hard way is to make sure you're hydrated before taking your pain meds! I was sick for a full 24hrs! Ugh! I get this burp/convulsion feeling that doesn't turn into anything but pain. I take a deep breath and the pain goes away. Don't know what that is, but it scares me! I don't like that feeling. I've burped a whole 2 times since Tuesday! I would like to actually burp more! I felt like my stomach was gonna come out of my mouth but the release was great! Coughing/sneezing sucks! I have to hold my port site when I feel either one comming on. I can't sit in certain positions yet because of the port site, which sucks because I am a creature of habit. Oh well. Every day things get better! Thank God! If I was to do this again I would! I'm already down 12pounds from surgery! Yay!