Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CALLING ALL JULY 2010 BANSTERS!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!! :) I just wanted to check in with my fellow July bandsters and see how everyone is doing with their new lifestyles and weight loss.

I feel that being banded has been a lot more challenging than what I expected but I am happy with the decision. I have lost 41 lbs and gone from a size 20 to a 14 as of today!!! YAY!!!

Looking forward to your shares! :iloveuall:

I have lost a total of 39 pounds and I am happy. I was at a standstill for while, but with my last fill (3rd fill), things seem to be moving along.

I was steadily losing weight up until about 2 1/2 weeks ago when I got too tight. :( I have lost a total of 73 lbs, gaining 1 lb. back this week :hurt: I pray for NO MORE! I go in for another fill Monday but am near terrified of ending up to tight again EEK!

Though I have daily struggles learning to work the band, I'm completely satisfied with the results! I have went from wearing size 22/24 pants to 12/14's. I seem to be carrying all of my weight on top. If only my arms could look as good as my legs wink.gif Hopefully since the weather has made it impossible for me to (willingly) walk my normal 6-9 mi a day, I can spend more time working on my upper body. I joined Curves & am doing Zumba 2x a week.

Hey! I was banded in July and so far have lost 47lbs. It definitly is more challenging for me than I expected! I finally had my 3rd fill 2 weeks ago and finally had restriction but it only lasted 2 weeks and now Im starving and eating more than the 1 cup I was able to right after the fill. I actually just posted a question about that a few minutes ago because I was really hoping the restriction would stay until at least after the holidays!! mama needs some help with this God forsaken holiday food!! I have NO regrets and am so glad I got the band! even if I had to pay out of pocket..it was worth every dime. I have been working really hard and exercising and watching what I eat (most of the time) without restriction though its hard but I must be doing something right since I lost 47lbs in 4.5 months! So hoping one day soon I get my good restriction back and it lasts!! So glad you posted for a July update! I now have 7cc's in my 11cc band.

I'm doing great and don't ever regret my decision. I'm half way to goal! I'm running again (although not this week...sub-zero am temps!) and will be doing a half-marathon in the spring. I feel I am soooo close to my sweet spot. I actually have pretty good restriction (6.5 in a 10cc band) but could use a little tweak (.1 or .2) I think. I feel like I've really made some lifestyle changes. I don't get "stuck" too often anymore as I've slowed down my eating, chew better and am really learning to "listen" to my body for full signals. It's awesome and even if I'm going through a "maintenance" time when I'm not losing very much, I don't worry about the weight coming back. I just know I need a small adjustment and I can start losing again. I've gone from a size 18 to being able to wear most 14's again. It's wonderful and I hope to see size 8 sometime in 2011!

45 lbs without exercising at all , i find it pretty awesome.I am happy that my relationship with food has changed.I am almost half way there and my new year resolution is that i will find some time for the gym.Hopefully!

I do not regret my decision at all. I have very happy with my results thus far. I am one who can become very obsessive. I am one extreme or the other which drive the hubby crazy! lol Right now I am not working as hard as I could to make this band work for me since I am always so busy around the holidays. We have and go to parties almost every weekend from Thursday to Sunday so I do have much time for the gym right now. Prior to Thanksgiving I was doing very well exercising 5 days a week and eating good too but being a slow loser since I have lost only 30 pounds since July 22nd. I have gone from size 18 to 12/14 pant and XL to L-M shirt. I just had my 5th fill last week and my port and band has been very sore/tight feeling every night. Am I too tight? Is this normal? I have never has this prior to this last fill. I only have about 4.5 cc in my 10cc band. Any who I am so glad to hear from everyone and congrats to you all and your success!!! I can't wait until January 2nd and I will be right back on being strick and obsessive!!!

Looking for my collarbone!!! :unsure:

40 plus pounds gone. I've only seen the clothing size change in tops, but I'm still doing great. I have a loss every month and I don't regret any of this. This is really a lifestyle that I can live with.

Good Morning Everyone!!! :) I just wanted to check in with my fellow July bandsters and see how everyone is doing with their new lifestyles and weight loss.

I feel that being banded has been a lot more challenging than what I expected but I am happy with the decision. I have lost 41 lbs and gone from a size 20 to a 14 as of today!!! YAY!!!

Looking forward to your shares! :iloveuall:

Hi! Congratulations on your weight loss and going down to a size 14!! Wow! Id love to be a 14!!

I, too, am happy with my decision to be banded.

Ive had a hard time with discomfort and other sensations and lack of stamina. Im seeing a physical therapist about an old knee injury and she is teaching me some great things! On thing Ive figure out is that I have held my stomach in for years and I do it automatically. I have to pay attention and consciously relax those muscles.

I am already feeling much better.

I have had only 1 pb. That was enough. I now pay close attention whenever I eat something.

Did you lose hair? I had a period of about two weeks where it seemed like I had a lot of hair coming out. But it cleared up.

I still drink at least 1 Protein Shake a day.

My favorite thing is that since I don't eat much, I can buy all organic! Ive always wanted to do that, but could not afford it before.

I was denied my 3rd fill because the doctor said I was losing too quickly. I like losing 10 pounds a month, but he wants no more than 6.

I will get my 3rd fill on Dec. 28th. Im looking forward to more restriction.

Thanks for checking in!!

I was banded July 7th.

~hiddn

Hi you guys!!!!!! :D So glad to hear from everyone and the read your success stories! It is such an inspiration to read how well everyone is doing. Although I know it has been a tough road and adjustment for all of us, I seems to be going fairly well for those who have responded.

I was banded on July 14th and I tell you it has been an interesting journey. I had my 5th fill on Dec 15th and I am pretty tight right now with 6cc in a 10cc band. So now I am having to really pay attention to my chewing and the size of my bites but it is all worth it. I have not had any pb episodes but plenty of sliming at times when rushed to eat like at lunch time at work, so I have learned to just eat what I can at lunch and take the rest back to my desk in case I want to finish later (usually I don't). Not too much night snacking for me but when I do I have become obsessed with cucumber slices and ranch dip! :blink: ... It is like having chips and dip for me because it satifies the craving for something crunchy without all the fat and calories!

I have been averaging between 7-10 lbs weight loss per month. The lowest was one month that I didn't get a fill because I had lost 10 lbs the previous month and they didn't want to do the fill because of that. I lost 5 lbs that month. All in all 42 lbs down and very happy with that for now.

CONGRATULATIONS again on all of your successes and keep up the good work!! :clap:

I was banded July 8th and I am feeling great! I have lost over 48 lbs.!!! I have had two fills and am lucky to have great restriction. At times I am too tight but it tends to eventually loosen up by the evening time. I have not exercised nearly as much as I should be due to taking care of my mother and not myself. But, starting today...I intend to get back to taking care of me! I had to go clothes shopping today because my pants that I was wearing yesterday were pitiful. The crotch was hanging nearly to my knees...lol...so, It was definitely time to get some new pants. I was excited to try on clothes today because I have went from a size 26 jeans being too tight...to being able to comfortably wear a size 18 jeans!!!! I even have one pair of 16's I can wear!!!! =)))))) I have lost most of my weight from the waist down....now, if I can get rid of this dang muffin top...I will be a happy girl! I am so proud of everyone's accomplishments! People don't realize how hard this is....definitely not the magic potion for weight loss. But, it is definitely the best "tool" I have ever had!

Hey All,

I just wanted to check in with you all and I wanted to let you all know that as of Jan 3, 2012,,,I have lost.....100 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my surgery on 7/28/2010 and I have to say that it has been one heck of a journey. In the time since my surgery, I hit a major plateau in spring of 2011 and I decided after July 4th...watching my BFF run the Peachtree Road Race here in Atlanta...I saw people of all shades & sizes...running and walking and I decided that I wanted to run. I started the Couch to 5K meetup group that was near me and I started to run. I LOVE IT. I recently started running with a group BLACK GIRLS RUN! I have now ran three 5k and one 10K. This year I plan to run a half marathon relay and about 5 or 6 5K's 2 10K...including the Peachtree Road Race!

I am still so overwhelmed by my loss and I still have about 20 lbs to go...I know this is where the rubber meets the road, but I know that it is going to happen. I urge all of you that are on this journey to KEEP GOING! I just have to work on my strength training and I will be golden. I even went to see a plastic surgeon about my Tummy Tuck and breast lift (sorry males that are reading this...LOL)...taking it one day at a time.

I just wanted to share this update...I wish you all LOVE AND LIGHT!