Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rabbits and Turtles United New Year Challenge

Hello Fellow Bandsters,,

Whatever catagory you feel you fit in, you are not alone. We are all on this WL Journey together!!!!

I wanted to start thinking about next week. The new year has always aspired me to make commitments and try to do new and different thing. So I bring this to you all to help develop another challenge with a combination of other challenges so loved by all.

NSV and Weight in one post.

First Start Date, January 3,2006

End Date March 1,2006

Challenge is to list on the same post 1 new NSV (non scale victory) each week along with your WL stats. It would be helpful to date your entries.

The reasoning is to keep all your stas and NSV in one place for you and others who are cheering you on to follow. By going back and editing/updating your orginal post we would be back to basic each log in. Rememberng the whys and our accomplishments each week. Something I know I forget sometimes. By the end of the challenge we should have a great idea of how it's going and a quick reference to where we need to be.

If you are not yet banded - please join in and tracking your goals and accomplishments as well.

This WL thing is truly a team sport and together we can acomplish more!

ROAR!!!!

Any thoughts, changes suggestions??? We have a week or so to refine it.

COuld one of the moderators please sticky this?

Debby

I like checking in on a challenge...I like everything about your challenge, the NSV's and the weight posting! The one suggestion I would like to throw out there (for any comments!) is to shorten the length of it. Maybe Jan. 3 to mid-Feb or so? I don't have a calendar with me, but I think 6 weeks is about all my attention span will handle, and still have a good time with it. Whatcha think?

Cindy

Count me in! I like the NSV idea, but my suggestion would be to post one NSV a week instead of 2 or 3... That's just me though, I'm not very good at thinking of them. I don't have a big preference on the challenge length - I really like having a place to weigh-in every week.

Count me in!

Thanks Debby-do!

Checking in with challenges motivates me. For some reason, just that small accountability helps. I agree w/ Ann in the one NSV tho--one a week is enough to pat ourselves on the back. I think I disagree about shortening the time tho. It seems like most of our challenges have been too short to me. Two months (a little less because Feb is short) is enough time to actually SEE a difference.

Either way, count me in!

I am in!! I agree with one NSV, but the March time length is ok with me. I like having that little bit of accountability every week. I probably won't make my goal of the end of the year challenge, but with the new year I am sure I will meet whatever goal I set for myself for this challenge.

I like the longer challenges too, but either way I'll be participating. I'm finding it motivating. Plus, I've noticed that I feel like I'm not losing weight, but when I log my weight here and look what I've lost during the challenge time it reminds me that yes indeed I have been losing, it just hasn't been a steady every-week loss.

So count me in! See you next week when our End-of-2005 challenge ends!

And I just want to say (ANWYN!) and anyone else I sent an exercise CD to--I expect one of your NSVs to be making it at least halfway thru the playlist!!

:cheeky

OK I heard the overall consensus so far.

1 (if you want to track more - go for it) NSV

Timing - let's wait and here from more people and see what a consensus is. I love the challenges tooo!

STICKY PLEASE.

Count me in. I haven't had any scale victories for a couple of months and haven't seen any NSV so this will force me to look for them. Any special day of the week we should post.

1/3/06 Weight today 177.

NSV - I don't know. I will post one later.

I'm in....The end of year challenge has been an awesome experience for me. I'll do it again and again;-) I think a 'minimum' of one NSV is a great idea, then people can post more if they choose. I am for the longer time span, because I am destined to have at least 1-2 off weeks/plateau and that way it makes me feel like I have more of a chance to succeed over the long haul. Will see you next week!!