Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 months tomorrow since had the band! Have question...

My 4month band anniversary is tomorrow and I so happen to have my 3rd fill tomorrow. I still do not have good restriction and I am really hoping this fill does the trick. I have lost 41lbs since my surgery but the last 20 feels like it has taken forever! especially over the past 2 months...I have only lost a couple pounds and the scale keeps going back and forth. I am finding it harder to stick to the band rules since I dont have good restriction. I have never gotten sick, pb'd, slimed or gotten stuck. I do try to eat slower, smaller portions and smaller bites but since not doing that doesn't impact me I dont do as as much as I should. I have 6cc's in my band as of right now and not sure how much the dr. will put in tomorrow. I work out at the gym 4 x a week and that has helped me from gaining. I am just ready to have that restriction everyone talks about. I can still eat large portion sizes before I feel full and even though I dont eat quite as much as I did pre surgery I still can eat a good bit of food at a sitting. How many fills did it take you to really feel restriction? for those who have had the surgery 5+ months ago did you take a while to really feel like the band was working like it was supppose to??

I am 3 months out and have only lost 22 pounds so i am pretty jealous of your weight loss. I have had 3 fills and am at 7 cc's. I go for my 4 fill on Wed. I weight all my Protein and feel I am on a very strick diet. I do an hour of cardio daily. Really hope for restriction soon.

Congrats on the 41lbs! That's amazing :) I had my surgery just a few days after you and I'm down 36lbs total.

I know exactly how you feel regarding restriction. I have just under 4.5cc's in my band now and I do not feel any restriction. I actually get sick at times because of my hungry because I am eating small portions and stopping myself (before I even get full) to keep with the weight loss. I'm doing about 3x a week a the gym and 2x at night with DVD's. I am continuing to lose, but am afraid when I go in next week for my fill, they won't give me a larger one. My office is very conservative and have only been giving me .50cc's at a time. GOOD LUCk with your fill and keep it up, you're doing great.

I had really great restriction after my 3rd fill. But, now that I'm on my 4th, it's way too tight. I mean I cant eat a bite of solid food without feeling a significant amount of pain (having some of that 4th fill removed tomorrow - thank god!) I went in for the 4th with the idea that I wanted it to be just a tad tighter, so he added .4 - I think tomorrow I'm going to get .3 taken out. It's amazing how much difference that small amount can make.

Good luck with your next fill - I hope you can feel it!

I was banded on 09/08/10. I've lost about 37lbs so far. I have only had two fills, but I think they only put 2cc's each time. I have my 3rd, next week (finally!) and I'm ready for it, but the last couple of weeks or so have seemed slowish. I'll find out how much I have in then. Even though I think my restriction could be better, I have done really well, overall. Good luck to you.

Nicole,

I really hope that your 3rd fill goes well. My 3rd fill date is set for December 13th. As you know, I am having a very similar experience as you. Unfortunately though, I have not been working out nearly as much as I should be. Not like you, you are doing great! Keep up the good work! But I have not lost any weight at all really since my last fill and cannot tell a difference as far as restriction goes. I do get stuck and PB and slime quite a bit but that is due to me eating too fast and not chewing up my food like I should be. I am really, really hoping to hit some restriction with this 3rd fill as well. I know this is not a magic band but I was really hoping that it would work better in restricting the amount of food that I can eat. I am having real trouble with eating more than I should. The good news is I have not gained any weight, but I want to LOSE weight! Another problem I have been having is hair loss. Now I know that I get enough Protein and eat plenty of food so I do not understand how I am losing hair if our bodies still absorb nutrients the same as they did before. That part is baffling me. Is anyone else experiencing this? I would understand if I had more restriction and wasn't getting in the full nutrients that my body needs, but I know that I am eating almost normally. I do eat less than I used to, but still eat like an average individual at this point.

Good luck with your fill Nicole! Please keep us posted on how it goes for you!

Hi Everyone, I had my surgery august 25th and i am down 45lbs. I had my 3rd fill a week ago monday and i now have 6.5 cc in a 10cc band and i can definately feel a difference. I definately have to measure my portions which i admit i wasnt that strict with, but after several pbing, and full out vomiting episodes i figured it was way past time LOL. Depending on what i am eating i can still eat more than i should but i have really buckled down and with this last fill i dont feel like im starving in between meals. Nicole i hope this next fill will do the trick for you. I wish everyone luck .

peace :D

shireen

I was banded on Aug. the 3rd, I just received my third fill a week ago Tues. I am at my sweet spot.....WOW! It feels great! It does change everything up, tiny bites, nothing cold in the morning, and I may end up peeling my tomatos! I just started to drink one protien drink a day just to mke sure I get my recommended protien.

About the hair loss....They say it can be a reaction from surgery...About 3 to 4 months after. Just make sure you get your protien!

Yea I am having Hair loss too..every since about 6 weeks ago. Its everywhere..in the tub, sink, floor on chairs on my pillow and on my clothes!! I cant stand it...its coming out alot!! I have a ton of hair so I can spare some but i dont like it! I can tell a difference in my hair big time. I asked the dr. about it he said to take Biotin and to make sure Im taking my Vitamins every day..Im not good at that so gonna start. I am getting plenty of Protein and food too so not sure why its happening. my fill went well he put in 1 more cc for a total of 7. I dont feel much yet but only eat mushies. I will keep you posted!!

Hi Kelly....I sure hope my third fill is my sweet spot!! did you notice it right away?? I start back on regular foods tomorrow so I am crossing my fingers!!

Nicole,

I really hope that your 3rd fill goes well. My 3rd fill date is set for December 13th. As you know, I am having a very similar experience as you. Unfortunately though, I have not been working out nearly as much as I should be. Not like you, you are doing great! Keep up the good work! But I have not lost any weight at all really since my last fill and cannot tell a difference as far as restriction goes. I do get stuck and PB and slime quite a bit but that is due to me eating too fast and not chewing up my food like I should be. I am really, really hoping to hit some restriction with this 3rd fill as well. I know this is not a magic band but I was really hoping that it would work better in restricting the amount of food that I can eat. I am having real trouble with eating more than I should. The good news is I have not gained any weight, but I want to LOSE weight! Another problem I have been having is hair loss. Now I know that I get enough Protein and eat plenty of food so I do not understand how I am losing hair if our bodies still absorb nutrients the same as they did before. That part is baffling me. Is anyone else experiencing this? I would understand if I had more restriction and wasn't getting in the full nutrients that my body needs, but I know that I am eating almost normally. I do eat less than I used to, but still eat like an average individual at this point.

Good luck with your fill Nicole! Please keep us posted on how it goes for you!

Im not sure if the nutrient thing is why your losing hair, I could be wrong but I think it was explained to me that the body changes alot, quickly after surgery(large amount of weightloss quickly at first). Once things slow down hair starts to grow back again. I think the protien might help. I could be totally wrong on this.

Keep ya head up I was banded on Aug 27th and I am down 71 pounds (counting the 2 week pre op liquid diet ) and I feel like I am can eat more than a cup but not as much as I could before surgery. I believe the gym is a big part of the whole process and the gym has set my metabolism on fire. Ive been to the doc 3 times no fill and my key is to work hard and make healthy choices of your meals good luck.

Keep ya head up I was banded on Aug 27th and I am down 71 pounds (counting the 2 week pre op liquid diet ) and I feel like I am can eat more than a cup but not as much as I could before surgery. I believe the gym is a big part of the whole process and the gym has set my metabolism on fire. Ive been to the doc 3 times no fill and my key is to work hard and make healthy choices of your meals good luck.

I was banded Feb 14th and have lost 44 pounds so you are doing awesome! I personally didn't have restriction until last month! and that was my 7th fill and now I have 9.5cc in my 14cc band...everyone is different and apparently I require a lot of fill to get to that restriction...not to mention I am finally going to the gym...it took me 6 months after being banded to realize that working out is an important part of this process...everyone is different and and I'm finally starting to lose 2 pounds a week which is a lot for me!

Hi Kelly....I sure hope my third fill is my sweet spot!! did you notice it right away?? I start back on regular foods tomorrow so I am crossing my fingers!!

I did notice right away, because I had to take tiny sips of Water....no more chugging! I have always had a bad habit of chugging, but now at 49 years of age I am learning to sip! my mom will be so proud lol!

I hope you reach your sweet spot!

I was just banded 11/19/10 so I'm still a newbie. What are PB and slime? I was also wondering how long you are on mushies after a fill?