Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does this mean my port is leaking?

Well I have a bit of an issue. I got home about 30 min's ago (1am cst) and I was standing at my kitchen counter plugging my phone in to charge when I noticed that the front of my shirt was wet so I went to the laundry room to take it off and I noticed that there was this orangish Fluid pouring from my port incision. It was not bloody but instead it was like an if you have ever seen orville redenbacher popcorn oil ( http://beckasblog.iv...t/ButterOil.jpg ) it was that color and it just kept flowing.

I went to the bathroom and to get some toilet tissue to try to stop it and it soaked through several wads of tissue but finally stopped. I am un sure of it is just Fluid build up from my surgery on the 2nd of November or if there is a major issue. I have had no pain in my incision since about a day or two after the surgery nor have I had any infections but I have noticed I have had no restriction for several days so I am a little worried.

My biggest fear is that I will have to go through the surgery again to have the band replaced because it was defective.

I have posted a pic of the tissue to see if anyone can make some sense of this. I have also called True Results and left a voice mail to see if they can let me know what is going on as well.

Thanks in advance for all your help

post-304648-13813139736432_thumb.jpg

It looks to me like you are definitely infected. Have you been running a temp? The Fluid coming from your incision looks like infected wound drainage. You REALLY need to get it looked at ASAP.

It looks to me like you are definitely infected. Have you been running a temp? The Fluid coming from your incision looks like infected wound drainage. You REALLY need to get it looked at ASAP.

I have had no fever at all and in fact I have felt great. What leads me to believe that it is not an infection is that I have not had a fever and there is no oder to the Fluid at all. When I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago I remember having some infected wound drainage that had a foul oder and a fever as well. The drainage from that would completely different but again that was from a different part of the body (kinda) but I am waiting for the surgeon to call me back or some one so lets hope it is not a big deal.

You should call your Dr now! This sounds like an infection which if left untreated could be serious. It is not likely to be Fluid from inside your band. That would be clear and there is only a small quantity.

I am wondering if a seroma had built up and was punctured during the fill process? I have a softball size seroma over and next to my new port and hope to have it drained soon. Your picture is dramatic!!!!!

Best wishes and please keep posting about this.

Mimi

Call your surgeon. This is nor the type of question for LBT. This needs your doctors medical knowledge and experience.

Definitely not a port leak; saline is clear. Call your surgeon ASAP.

It could be a seroma, basically a build up of Fluid. I would go to the doctor, but you could try and apply a warm compress, if it is a seroma that can help it, but definitely call your dr.

This worried me so much I went to the emergency room last night and because I had not heard from the doctor. It was Fluid build up and there was no sign of an infection. The dr in the er said he sees this from time to time and that more than likely what happened is when I stood up it opened the port incision a little because it is still healing and so the fluid escaped there because the skin was thin there.

I had something similar to that....the Fluid was coming out of my incision. Mine was a seroma, which is a liquid bruise. I was hoping that you had taken a pic of your leak. But anyways I freaked out and called my surgeon. He said not to worry, that it was common....gave me a script for an antibiotic just in case! I was told that if I was to get any infection, I would lose my band. So to be on safe side, he just gave me the antibiotic....Call your doctor!!

I had something similar to that....the Fluid was coming out of my incision. Mine was a seroma, which is a liquid bruise. I was hoping that you had taken a pic of your leak. But anyways I freaked out and called my surgeon. He said not to worry, that it was common....gave me a script for an antibiotic just in case! I was told that if I was to get any infection, I would lose my band. So to be on safe side, he just gave me the antibiotic....Call your doctor!!

The surgeon finally called in a script for antibiotics just to be safe and I am on them now so I am happy that it was not something really bad