Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

THis NEW improved (*) site

Sorry, wish I could help you or had answers for you, but I don't. I told Alex when I agreed to be a moderator I was all but computer illiterate----and it is seriously biting me in the butt right now!

Hope it gets better soon, I have lots of people saying they will just keep in touch via FB, they no longer trust the site.....which sucks!

Sorry, wish I could help you or had answers for you, but I don't. I told Alex when I agreed to be a moderator I was all but computer illiterate----and it is seriously biting me in the butt right now!

Hope it gets better soon, I have lots of people saying they will just keep in touch via FB, they no longer trust the site.....which sucks!

I found my PM's but I don't want to get one everytime someone quotes my post. Anyone know how to stop that? I am unsure about the notification options and how to use them. I am beyond frustrated. And it has me down as a newbie because I had to re-register to get on. I am a veteran poster. Another frustration. Ugh!!

It's all just a matter of giving it time for the Admins to work out all the kinks.

As far as FB, the answer is NO. It will not disclose anything you write on here, unless you specifically go out of your way to do this. You would like to sync up your FB account to this one -- then and only then will FB become available to make posts you make here to there.

I would suggest taking the time to get to know the new format. It's not all that bad once you get used to it. No one likes change, but eventually this will become the norm and all will be well again.

Stoopid stoopid site! I had a response typed out and tried the spell check and lost it!

Sheesh...I could log it, but kept getting a message that LBT was down for routine maintenance for 48 hours. That went on for about 3 days. It said I could not post. I could not see any new posts after 11-16.

I got a message today that someone had started a private conversation with me. It was a notification that I had been quoted. Yeah, sort-of nice to know, but don't really care. But if I turn the notifications off, will I then no longer get notification of private messages? I'd sure like to know when I get those!

I do like the idea of the spell checker though! If only it will alert people to the proper use of "losing weight" vs. "loosing weight"!

Cleo's Mom, I am betting Alex's PM inbox is raging full right now!

You can go in and individually choose what and how you want to be notified. Go to your drop down at the top left that shows your screen name. Go to My Settings. You will already be on the Settings Tab. There will be a column of options at the left. Click on Notification Options. Scroll down a bit until you see the check boxes. You can go through and individually choose what you want to be notified for and what not.

HTH

I am sure Alex is overwhelmed. I guess I am the only one who had problems logging in with their username and password. But I hate everything about this site. Some of the forums that have lists are all jumbled together and I can't read them. And I still don't know where to go to see my received and sent PM's. I am ready to scream!!!

Once you fix the notifications you will be able to see all your notifications when they pop up next to your screen name at the top left. It will look like a (1) with an envelope next to it.

You can go in and individually choose what and how you want to be notified. Go to your drop down at the top left that shows your screen name. Go to My Settings. You will already be on the Settings Tab. There will be a column of options at the left. Click on Notification Options. Scroll down a bit until you see the check boxes. You can go through and individually choose what you want to be notified for and what not.

HTH

Thank you for this information. Can you tell me what personal conversations are - are those PM's? Also, what is inline notification. I don't want to receive any emails so I didn't check that for anything. I also don't want to recieve a private notification when someone quotes me. What do I check or uncheck for that?

Also, these three forums are jumbled with words on top of words and I can't read them: Monthly Lap Band Support Group, Social Group and Talk Magazine. Is anyone else getting this?

One more thing - how do I change that it says newbie under my username and will it ever show the number of posts I had before I had to re-register to get on?

Thank you for this information. Can you tell me what personal conversations are - are those PM's? Also, what is inline notification. I don't want to receive any emails so I didn't check that for anything. I also don't want to recieve a private notification when someone quotes me. What do I check or uncheck for that?

Also, these three forums are jumbled with words on top of words and I can't read them: Monthly Lap Band Support Group, Social Group and Talk Magazine. Is anyone else getting this?

One more thing - how do I change that it says newbie under my username and will it ever show the number of posts I had before I had to re-register to get on?

Re: Being quoted. I believe it's the third option down the list. Uncheck any boxes in the row that says "Notify me when someone quotes my posts". Click "Save Changes" when completed.

"Personal Conversations" are used to mention if anyone does anything quoting or replying to you. It is also used if it is a Private Message. The only way to know what it is, is for you to click the notification to find out. I know, not very specific! Sorry.

I'm not exactly sure what an inline notification is. I don't have it clicked for anything and have never received one.

The other issues are glitches that need to be addressed by the Admins. They have done all this already at the other forum I spend most of my time at. If you need any other help, let me know.

To all: You really do get used to it. It's not that bad. Believe me, it was initially the same response over at the other board, but everything was ironed out and everyone seems to have forgotten now of the change over.

Once you fix the notifications you will be able to see all your notifications when they pop up next to your screen name at the top left. It will look like a (1) with an envelope next to it.

Lill mis diva; how do I permanently always type in a particular FONT in a particular colour???

Curently I have to type my message, then go back up to the top and HIGHTLIGHT my whole post and make changes.... this is slow an yucky??

any suggesytions?

HTH

Thanks, Diva! All I saw was the link to Turn Off Notifications. Not the steps to choose which ones to turn off.

I am also having problems with the web site/browser closing when I try to go into threads. It happened 5 times in a row just trying to get into this thread to say thank you. I understand it is glitches the admins need to fix, but if they don't get them addressed soon they are going to lose people. I've done some reading on the site you spend time at (I don't post there as I don't have anything to add, but I read to learn). It does work much better than this one has so far, but I like the old format of this one better than that one. This has been so frustrating over the last couple of days, I feel I am starting to lose interest and that would be a shame.

This is where I come for my support.

Lill mis diva; how do I permanently always type in a particular FONT in a particular colour???

Curently I have to type my message, then go back up to the top and HIGHTLIGHT my whole post and make changes.... this is slow an yucky??

any suggesytions?

I don't think there is an option to change your font. It has been brought up before and Admin was thinking about it, but haven't heard anything since.

Well, I was finally able to login with my username and the password I always used. Alex sent me a new password, that didn't work. So, I guess the jumbled words, and the incorrect number of my posts are the only issue now.

I like the new look!! I had to look around to find things but it is refreshing as I have been looking at the old format for 15 months. I love the spell checker, but remember it only checks spelling not if you used the wrong word . . . but spelled it right.

Cheri

Thanks, Diva! All I saw was the link to Turn Off Notifications. Not the steps to choose which ones to turn off.

I am also having problems with the web site/browser closing when I try to go into threads. It happened 5 times in a row just trying to get into this thread to say thank you. I understand it is glitches the admins need to fix, but if they don't get them addressed soon they are going to lose people. I've done some reading on the site you spend time at (I don't post there as I don't have anything to add, but I read to learn). It does work much better than this one has so far, but I like the old format of this one better than that one. This has been so frustrating over the last couple of days, I feel I am starting to lose interest and that would be a shame.

This is where I come for my support.

If you scroll down futher into the page I directed you to, you will see a bunch of "check boxes". You will have to check and uncheck what you prefer. At least that is how my page looks... if it doesn't look this way for you, you might need to have Alex or Ken help you with that.

Believe me! I understand it is really frustrating at first. We were all pretty frustrated too, but know that the kinks really do get worked out. I haven't really seen many long time posters leave, even when they threatened to do it. I think the common purpose here (and there) is greater than what a webpage looks like. ;o)

I hate change as much as the next old fart but I am getting used to it.

They have gone way, way overboard in the advertising department.

If you scroll down futher into the page I directed you to, you will see a bunch of "check boxes". You will have to check and uncheck what you prefer. At least that is how my page looks... if it doesn't look this way for you, you might need to have Alex or Ken help you with that.

Believe me! I understand it is really frustrating at first. We were all pretty frustrated too, but know that the kinks really do get worked out. I haven't really seen many long time posters leave, even when they threatened to do it. I think the common purpose here (and there) is greater than what a webpage looks like. ;o)

Diva, yes, that is what I meant by my thanks. I found what you were talking about with your directions. When I first saw the notificiations, all I found was a link to turn them all off. Your directions showed me how to get to where I choose which ones I can turn off.

Thanks bunches!