Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Thanksgiving with Lapband!!!

Hey all,

Its my first holiday with my lapband. I am scarred that I might fail!!! I am having a fill tomorrow!!!Any tips?

This is also my first Thanksgiving and sort of scared too. The dietation (sp) suggested that not to hold off eating till you are starving, scope out the food and finally for that day do not stress on your protien (if you make it you make it if not it is only one day). This is what I am going to try to do. Good luck to you and everyone else in our situation.

Im on the mushy stage, so Im a bit at a loss on this. Thank goodness for mashed potatoes and turkey salad. perhaps I can enjoy a bit of cheesecake (sans crust) too. Oh well, all worth it in the end. However for Christmas its full foods! Yay!

I was on mushies last year, this will be my first Thanksgiving on solid food. I plan to treat myself to some mashed potatoes and stuffing. No Desserts. I'll see how my weight does (I am maintaining) as far as left overs. I should probably stick to turkey, sweet potatoe and veggies. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Hey all,

Its my first holiday with my lapband. I am scarred that I might fail!!! I am having a fill tomorrow!!!Any tips?

If you get a fill tomorrow you will be on liqueds! I just got my third fill, and I will be on mushies (maybe a little mashed potatos). So you can toughen up and get the fill or call and reschedule, then you could enjoy Thanksgiving. Me, I just decided to have a complete Turkey and all the fixens on Christmas.

GOOD LUCK :D

This is my 2nd Thanksgiving with the band. Last year I planned out my day so I could have a tiny bit of the things I wanted. This meant pumpkin pie for breakfast! (no crust)

For my Thnaksgiving meal I made myself a very tiny plate with a few things I thought I would be able to eat. I ate a very tiny bit and was done. I tried to focus on feeding everyone else because I'm the cook. It worked out ok. This year I am just glad to have my family at my house so I can enjoy spending time with them. The meal it's self is no longer the main focus for me.

This will also be my first Thanksgiving with the band. I am not too nervous about it. I always cook and in prior years by the time dinner was served I was never in the mood to eat so I seldom over ate at this meal. So this year I will do what I have always done, just put a little bite of everything on my plate and only eat until I start to feel full. My greatest temptation is sweets so I know I need to be more vigilant in that area so that I don't fill up on those easy to go down desserts! All in all I am extremely THANKFUL this year for this wonderful opportunity to lose my weight once and for all!

I cooked Thanksgiving Monday night for my husband and our son's family. We do it a few days early so my poor kid does not have to choose Mom or Mother-in-law. Also this way they do not have very large meals on same day. Anyway I was very good only ate good stuff. But the next day when all the leftovers were alone with me all day the were homemade rolls still siting the. I like a dummy told myself I would only eat one bit and throw the rest away . . . .well one bite so tiny turned into a bigger bite and then 2 hours of being stuck. Please be careful with your choices. I knew I can not eat bread []

Remember, it's just a meal, not an event. I had a Tday preview at my son's school today. They had a feast which was great. They were served all the usual foods plus a ton of healthy fruit and regular deserts. The smell was wonderful, but I was hesitant to eat anything since yesterday consisted of major sliming and throwing up. I caved and had a small amount of turkey breast with some gravy to moisten it, tiny bit of lettuce, green Beans and corn. It was good, but it was just another meal. I would have loved the potatoes, stuffing, etc, but by the time I ate what I had I was done. The desire to blow didn't exist. Thursday will be no different. I know what stuffing tastes like and I don't HAVE to have it like I used to. My pants falling off me tastes much better.

Melissa

Since I already had a “Thanksgiving Dinner” with my family early as stated above I decided to start a 10 day Herbal Cleanse to avoid all the leftovers in my house and to try to avoid any weight gain maybe get some weight loss.

Cheri

Well Thanksgiving dinner is over, the kitchen is clean and the company had left. I took your warning 123crod and I stayed away from the bread, rolls and butter.(Thank you) I had a bite or two of all the sides (even a few bites of stuffing) and a satisfying portion of turkey. I was full, but not miserable as in years past and fortunately I busied myself with cleaning up and making doggie bags for everyone to take. (The only leftover we kept is turkey) It was a wonderful dinner with great family and the food was not my focus! I loved it...and I also loved that I was the only one not complaining of indigestion and looking for antiacids after dinner. LOL I hope you all had a blessed day!

This was also my first Thanksgiving with the band. I think that I got caught up in the "pile your plate" syndrom the others had. Even though I only took small bits of what was there, and still only had half a full plate, I ate less than half of what was on my plate. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Then again, being less than 48hrs post op (for a port revision) and on pain meds might have made a difference.,.

)

I feel like I failed. I havent had a fill yet, so there wasnt any restrictions in my band. I had turkey, some green Beans, corn, and some sweet potatoes. I stayed away from breads, but I did have some cheese cake and a bit of gingerbread dessert :( I know Im supposed to stay away from sweets, so Ima bit upset about that. However, I do feel like today is the exception, and not the rule, and I am back to the stirct diet/exercise plan that is needed to make my band work.

No worries, Ape! I struggled a bit today too, this was my second day on mushified food. Yesterday I enjoyed some cottage cheese/hard boiled egg salad and today I admit fully, had mashed taters with my gravy I made from the turkey drippings at a friends house. Also, had some green bean salad, and crustless pumpkin pie filling. And, since I've been home, some great wine and tuna puree with light mayo, mustard, and curry...great! Tomorrow back to 24 hr fitness to hit it hard. I like going to the gym, make it short and sweet, hard and hard. Get in, and hit it, don't talk, don't socialize, do it, hit it hard, hard.

Basically what I did was put the things I really wanted on my plate and avoided the things I knew would get me stuck (rolls). So I put 2 pieces of turkey on my plate with a small scoop of mashed potatoes and gravy. After I ate that I waited a few minutes and had a bit of Jello. I was good to go and didn't feel overstuffed and nothing got stuck. If you want to try everything just put a small dallop on your plate. Make sure you eat your turkey because that's the most important thing.