Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Total Unfill The Week Before Thanksgiving - YIKES!

I went to dr yesterday with unbelievable stomach pain. After relaying how the night before I was standing in line at Target ripping open a box of Pepcid AC and a bottle of Water because I couldn't wait until I paid for them -- he decided a total unfill and a UGI today were the ticket.

I had 10cc in a 14cc band.

I don't go back to see him until Dec 1. That leaves me with no restriction and Thanksgiving a week away.

The evil bandster in me says - Yes!! An early Christmas present!! The more mature bandster says - how do I get through the next 2 weeks without undoing the progress of the past 14 months.

Any tips from those of you who have done it?

I know that 14 months is a long time to develop good habits. I also know that a double dipped cone of hunka chunka peanutbutter fudge ice cream would really taste good right about now.

Help!

Print off your ticker....75 lbs lost...13 to go. Stick it to your refrigerator/freezer.

That ice cream won't taste near as good if you look at it as the first step down a very short dark road to changing those numbers in a negative way.

Keep eating the right foods, even if your portions are larger than what you will have with restriction. Also, you may want to "cheat" a little on turkey day. I think that is ok, but watch the leftovers. I did weight watchers once and they said it's a holiday not a holiweek! You can get through this time, stay focused on your goals. Hope it all goes well. Dec. 1 will be here before you know itl.

I did weight watchers once and they said it's a holiday not a holiweek!

LOL...love it!

Set up a "2 week Challenge" at home or here on LBT! The challenge could be to lose "X" pounds, or simply to NOT gain for 2 weeks. A challenge will help keep you focused. You won't be the only one struggling through the holiday.

I had an unfill 2 months ago, just before I had surgery. I lost weight right after surgery, but without Fluid in the band, I've gained 10 pounds. (My WL ticker shows my lowest weight after surgery, not what I regained.) Fortunately, I am getting a fill today!!! I HAVE to get back on track!

Good luck!

I had an unfill a couple days ago and will be going through Thanksgiving without a fill due to pain in my shoulder (phrenic nerve...band related) and won't get my fill back until they do an exploratory lap to find where the band is rubbing. I'm praying I won't have to go through Christmas well.

My goal is simply to maintain.

Well, it's only been 2 days since total unfill but I feel wonderful. I even have color in my cheeks again.

Not suffering the hunger I thought I would. I did actually enjoy a spinach and beet salad (no dressing) yesterday. I usually struggle with greens -- forget it if they are shredded.

I am hoping that if I continue to closely monitor what I eat using the food diary and don't go over in calories, it will be OK. It's all about choices and portions (for the record, I did have one spoonful of hunka chunka -- but it was enough, I just wanted a taste).

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to getting that fill on 12/1 as a safety net - but I will ask to be 2cc below where I was. I don't ever want to have that kind of pain again.

The oddest thing, to be able to drink and not sip. I will continue to sip most times, but every once in a while, a good swig of something is heaven. :)

Have a great weekend!