Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

My clear Fluid diet ends tonight. I'm wondering what ideas people have for the full liquid diet. I feel like I've been doing liquid for so long, its getting tiring. I would love some suggestions for full liquid diets.

- J

I really liked Pacific Brand Sweet Red Pepper/Tomato Soup. It is sold in a box and may be kept in the "organic section of the grocery (or in the soup isle). I also add Mrs Dash chicken flavor seasoning (no salt) before heating it up. Gives a nice flavor. I keep it on hand for after my fills when I have to do liquids for 24 hours.

My doctor would have considered blending regular Soup more of a mushie/soft than a liquid. I believe a "full liquid" should pour like milk. I think something that slides/or plops out of a container is not a liquid. After a week of Clear Liquids Tomato Soup was like heaven (and I have never been a fan of Tomato soup).

Well, I guess it depends on the Soup and how thick it is. A hearty chowder, no, that would be a mushie/soft. chicken noodle soup (not condensed) I was told was a full liquid.

I've been on full liquids for a couple of days so far.... and canned Soups are starting to get boring..... so this morning I made cream of chicken, with a can of Rotel, cilantro, and a little bit of fat free sour cream.... it was a nice change from most of the plain cream of whatever soups.

was on full liquid for 10 days before surgery and lost only 7 pounds. Just went to my post op appt after a week of clear liquids and only lost 1 more POUND

I am very discouraged. 3 weeks with no food and only lost 8 pounds??????????

thinned creak of wheat (with 1% milk) and a thin lentil Soup are keeping me going so far.

thinned creak of wheat (with 1% milk) and a thin lentil Soup are keeping me going so far.

oh.. and banana yogurt smoothies too!

I don't remember who told me this, because I forget these things when I talk to ten people in a day, BUT, take a powdered Protein and add some fruit and put on liquify in the blender. You have to choose low sugar fruit. So for example a just yellow banana is lower in sugar then a brown mushy one. Yesterday I took a 1/4 of a yellow banana and cut it up, put it in the blender with the appropriate amount of Water for the mix.... (That was 8oz) and then threw in the mix, blended it and viola, chocolate covered banana. It was full liquid and yummers.

I also do broths, I went online to Bariatric Choice before I started the process and bought all of these flavored mixes that are low sugar, low calories and high Protein. One of the drinks I have is Hot Cocoa. Yummers, 12 grams of protein and it even has fake little marshmellows. Though not as good as what you might buy, good enough to get by. Variety is the only thing that will keep your sanity.

Someone also recommended mixing your chocolate and strawberry shakes. Chocolate covered strawberry flavored. I hope this helps. Don't forget your Decaf teas.