Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS IL waiting for approval :(

So...yesterday was my 3rd appoitment, now it's a waiting game! Doctor office has to get papers together and send to insurance for approval. Im alittle down now because the office said if it gets denied we will try again and you will have to come in for one more appoitment to show insurance you are serious! I AM SERIOUS!

Anyone have BCBS PPO in IL and how long did it take to hear back from insurance. I heard it can take 1- 6 weeks! depends on what though? So upset, now I just want to eat :)

I have BCBS PPO in IL--and was in your waiting-game shoes this time last year. The holidays do slow processing down; I waited almost 4 weeks to hear, once the papers were submitted. My surgeon was booked thru Winter Break (teachers scheduled their surgeries way in advance), my surgery was after the first of the year.

It was well worth waiting for :)

Please don't agonize about whether you will be denied. Pull out a copy of your policy and read the stipulated conditions. If you've met them, you will be covered---period. No need to worry :eek:

Hi I have the same insurance and they denied me.

I am so mad!!!! I called them back in July and asked them if I was covered and what I needed, they said all I need is a letter of necessity from my doctor. My surgeon wanted a whole list of things to do and I did

Seminar 7/13

BMI 40.7

1. PCP letter... Done 8/26

2. Blood work... Done 8/25

3. Barium swallow... Done 8/27

4. Psychological..... Done 9/23 which I paid $500.00 for cause insurance wounld not pay for it.

5. Nutitional... Done 9/8 which I also paid $125.00 again cause insurance would not pay for it.

6. sleep Study Apena test.. Done.8/27 I have a CPAP now

7. Cardiac clearance Stress test and EKG.. Done 10/12

done and submitted to the insurance on Oct. 20. on Nov.1 I called the insurance company and they said i was denied and that I needed to do a 3 to 6 months sup. diet. Now I ask why didnt they tell me that back in July when I called them. sorry I just need to vent. I hope you have better luck!!!!

I have BCBS of IL through a company that is located there but I'm in VA and was told flat out that its not covered and never will be.

I too have BCBS hmo IL. I did my initial appt in Jan, and then did about 10 other things, barium, sleep study, psych eval, etc and was cleared on everything. In late May I was done with everything, including using my cpap for a while and dr called and said I was cleared, they contacted my ins and I had my surgery June 10. For everything, I have paid $40.00 which was for 2 $20.00 office copays. Other than that, my ins has covered it 100% and I saw that bills and it was over 30k, total. I had a referral from my primary for everything and had NO issues whatsoever!!!

So...yesterday was my 3rd appoitment, now it's a waiting game! Doctor office has to get papers together and send to insurance for approval. Im alittle down now because the office said if it gets denied we will try again and you will have to come in for one more appoitment to show insurance you are serious! I AM SERIOUS!

Anyone have BCBS PPO in IL and how long did it take to hear back from insurance. I heard it can take 1- 6 weeks! depends on what though? So upset, now I just want to eat :)

My approval came back within 2 weeks - good luck! :smile2:

I also have BCBS of IL.I started my requirement visit (at the time they said could be 6mos worth of visit but BCBS usually only require 3mos anymore) to Dr in May.Seen surgeon,dietician and Pyshc.eval July 13.Had everything submitted Aug4 and recived approvel letter Oct 19.Re-evaluated by NP at suregeon office dietician Oct 26 between that time got labs EKG chest xray and scheduled surgery Nov2 returning to work tomorrow.But I knew what preop diet consisted of and had started very early in hopes of getting approved sooner.So I was prepared when approved.

hey there I have BCBS of IL too. They have to have an answer ready by the 30th day of request. Mine took 2 weeks too

Thanks everyone! I hate this waiting game :) yes, insurance has 30 business days to approve but im just so anxious and want them to say yes now! hehe

I had to do the 3 month diet and psy eval. Thats it so far and a 2 week liquid diet before surgery. I hope thats all...so you can imagine the patience I do not have right now since I already waited 3 months. Im just so anxious and Dec is going to be a crazy month and my doctor only does surgery on Mondays and there are only 4! thanks for letting me vent too :crying:

OMG! I am approved! I called my insurance today and they said I was approved today! wow only took 4 days. My papers were submitted monday the 8th and approved the 12!

This totally made my weekend! Time to Celebrate :(

So my next appt is Nov 29th to go over the Pre-Op and SURGERY IS DEC 20! woooooooooho!

Now I have to change my signature :)

Wow!! that is wonderful good luck to you with everything :(

They overturned my denial OMG I am so happy :blushing:

see - if you really really want something - it will happen