Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woke up this morning and was in the 130's!!!!yay

I am so excited I woke up this morning hopped on the scale and boom I was 139..... This just keeps getting better!!!!!! I do have a question what happens when I reach goal, I have 19lbs to go how do you maintain that without continuing to lose more weight?:)

Congratulations!

For maintenance, one of two things is likely to happen. Either your loss will gradually taper off and hold steady without change, or you will be able to eat a handful more calories/day to maintain.

In the past, for me, it's been a hold-steady kind of thing--my body gets where it needs to be, and I just sort of continue to do what I did to get there. Others often need to add a couple hundred calories/day so that they don't keep losing. It's a trial and error kind of thing.

A banded friend had a tiny, tiny unfill to allow him to get those extra calories. He still has good restriction, but is able to tolerate foods that he had avoided during loss, like bread.< /p>

I had .2 cc of fill removed when I got to goal so I could eat more. Now I just weigh everyday if I am closer to 130 I eat more if I am closer to 135 I eat less. Its working so far....

139, WOOHOO!

congratulations! i'm SO hoping i can get to 139 too!

unfortunately, at my 2 year check up in april, my surgeon told me i was most likely at my lowest weight which was 173 at the time. he said i had lost 60% of the weight and i was considered a success and sent on my way. i wasn't happy with only losing 60% of the weight and was pissed that my doctor thought 173 was okay.

7 months later, i'm down an additional 13 pounds and i'm content where i am now but i'll still strive for the additional 20 pounds so i can be happy instead of content!

Thanks for all the input!!!! And Kalipso2 you are doing great and I wouldn't listen to the dr. just keep going until you are personally happy with where you are. My husband said to me this morning you look really thin I wouldn't lose anymore weight, while I thank him for his input I am going to get to my goal weight of 120!!!!!! I have not been there since I was a teenager and I am so close now I can taste it!!!!!!! Hey if the nutionist gave me this goal weight then darn it I am aiming for that!!!!! We can all do it!!!!!

I have been maintaining for a couple months now. I eat very similar to how I did when I was loosing. I added some good carbs and fat. I also added a snack. I didn't need an unfill to be able to add some calories. You are so close to goal, keep up the good work!