Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having my surgery tomorrow and am really starting to get nervous. I am hoping that I am doing the right thing. I would like to know if it is normal to feel this way because I really don't want to regret doing this.

Girl it is so normal for you to have cold feet or concerns. You're going thru something that will change your life!!! That's scary and exciting... keep in mind how badly you want to be healthy and think of all those cute clothes you can wear next summer :thumbup:

That always works for me!!!

Good Luck and welcome to the journey

I felt exactly the same way as you. It's normal to feel nervous, but believe me, you're doing the right thing by choosing to make yourself healthy. You'll feel great and you'll be really happy about your decision.

The band makes you get used to eating less and after a while you think nothing of it. I eat at least a quarter of the amount I used to although it doesn't feel like it. I admit that I don't eat super-healthy all the time nor do I exercise a lot. However, thanks to the band, I've lost 70 pounds in a year and four months and I feel great.

You can do this!

:thumbup:

Thank you for the support and encouragment. I am just really nervous and it's so good to hear from people that have been through it and are doing great now.

I have gained almost 100 lbs in the past 10 years and I remember what it was like to be thin and feel good and be able to buy normal size clothes. I went through a life changing even back then and instead of dealing with things I just turned to food. I am really short and it just makes me feel so bad that I can't do a lot of the things that I used to do.

I honestly didn't think that my parents would like the idea of me having surgery to lose weight but they are really supportive and want me to be healthier. I'm in my 40's and I don't want to end up gaining more weight and having other health problems.

How was the recovery from the surgery? Did either of you have any problems? I think that I am more afraid of being layed up right now more than anything else. My husband calls me the energizer bunny because I am always on the go and it is so hard to me to stay down. I just don't want to be laying around moaning and groaning in such pain that I can't think of anything else but the pain. My surgery is not schedules until later in the day tomorrow around 4:00 and they told me not even a sip of Water after midnight tonight so I'm probably going to be passed out before I even get there. They told me to expect to be in surgery for a couple of hours and then recovery is about 4 hours and then I will be getting released.

I just wanted to thank both of you again for kind words and I really am glad to hear that you are both happy, healthy and glad that you did have the surgery. It really does help to hear that and I have to keep thinking of the long term goals.

Did you just recently have surgery? I noticed that you are pretty new too and I wanted to thank you for the encouragment.

Hi. WLS is such a personal decision. something took you this far so it sounds like just cold feet. I had my band done on October 7th and I feel great. I have lost over 35 pounds already and have tons of energy. It was the best decision I ever made for myself but again this is very personal. good luck with everything and let me know what you decide to do.

debbie

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I think it is just me stressing out about the recovery more than anything else. I'm also worried because I don't have my surgery until almost 4:oo tomorrow and I would feel so much better if it was being done in the morning so that I could just get it over with.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well and that is great that you have lost that much weight so fast. It that the weight loss amount since your actual surgery or is that counting the weight from the pre-op diet as well?

How long were you actually layed up not being able to really move around? That is the thing that scares me the most because I don't like to be down and am so used to going and going.

I know that I have come too far to change my mind now and I just have to get it through my hard head that this is just one step and supposedly the hardest part and that it does get easier.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow shorty! I'm having surgery tomorrow as well at 10am. I can't believe they want you to go that long with no water!! I'm feeling nervous also but excited for losing the weight and new clothes! Sometimes when I start to get cold feet... I look at the before and after photos on here and that motivates me to keep going!

Let us know how your surgery went!

Good luck to you as well. Are you staying in the hospital or are they going to send you home tomorrow?

Recovery was fast for me. I was pretty much back to normal within a few days. It is uncomfortable the first couple of days, but pain medication will help. Have you had a wisdom tooth removed? I found that the recovery from lap band surgery was less uncomfortable and painful than recovery from having my wisdom teeth out.

You'll be very well hydrated with the drip they put in you (I kept having to pee all night), so try not to fret about not being able to drink before surgery.

You'll feel so amazing when you weigh yourself over the days right after surgery and see the weight fly off. You won't believe your eyes. In the first week or so alone, I lost about 20 pounds.

You're going to do great, my friend. We're all here to support you and you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow! :laugh:

Thank you for the support and encouragment. I am just really nervous and it's so good to hear from people that have been through it and are doing great now.

I have gained almost 100 lbs in the past 10 years and I remember what it was like to be thin and feel good and be able to buy normal size clothes. I went through a life changing even back then and instead of dealing with things I just turned to food. I am really short and it just makes me feel so bad that I can't do a lot of the things that I used to do.

I honestly didn't think that my parents would like the idea of me having surgery to lose weight but they are really supportive and want me to be healthier. I'm in my 40's and I don't want to end up gaining more weight and having other health problems.

How was the recovery from the surgery? Did either of you have any problems? I think that I am more afraid of being layed up right now more than anything else. My husband calls me the energizer bunny because I am always on the go and it is so hard to me to stay down. I just don't want to be laying around moaning and groaning in such pain that I can't think of anything else but the pain. My surgery is not schedules until later in the day tomorrow around 4:00 and they told me not even a sip of Water after midnight tonight so I'm probably going to be passed out before I even get there. They told me to expect to be in surgery for a couple of hours and then recovery is about 4 hours and then I will be getting released.

I just wanted to thank both of you again for kind words and I really am glad to hear that you are both happy, healthy and glad that you did have the surgery. It really does help to hear that and I have to keep thinking of the long term goals.

Hey Shorty, so today is your day. You will probably already have had surgery when you read this.

My surgery went really well!!! I had surgery on monday 10/4 and stayed in the hospital overnite but only because my insurance required it. It was good because I did some Band-Bonding with a few others that also got banded on that same day. I really had no abdominal pain only gas pain in my shoulder and neck. Walking and peppermint tea really helped to relieve the pain. That lasted just a few days. By the end of the week I felt normal again. Week 1 for me was hard because of the liquid diet and trying to get down all those Protein Drinks. The drinks that I use are the ones made by EAS-Advant-Edge CarbControl. They are in all the stores and have 3 flavors. I like the strawberry and chocolate fudge best.

Well I'm starting to ramble on.

I'm sure you too will recover soon after surgery and when that part is behind you, you will be so very happy you made this decision!!!!

Good Luck and lets chat soon :laugh: