Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Your Fill Kick In Immediately Or Does It

Fills have varied for me. The first few took a little while to make themselves known, and honestly the nurses were so cautious at my fill amounts (because I was losing weight) that the effects were very subtle. UNTIL RECENTLY, I rarely had difficulty eating or had anything get stuck or any of the other problems you hear people talk about.

With my last two fills (.2cc.. that's point 2.. a very small amount) I start feeling the difference as soon as I'm back on solids.

Beginning of my journey I got a fill monthly. Now I'm going a minimum of 2 months.. and sometimes 4. Last adjustment was in early September, I have an appt Nov. 3 and I don't think I want any more Fluid, but am not sure. If the NP agrees I'll put it off till either December or January.

Hope this answers your question.

Just got my first fill yesterday and I felt it the moment he put the Fluid in I got a lump in my throat and could actually feel the barium I drank trickle through my band... and I feel much more restriction when I eat then I did before I got my fill.

I have 3cc in a 4cc band so I'm almost full.

Well let me tell you. With almost every fill I've had, I haven't felt the full effect of the fill until about 2 weeks out. I know some feel it right away.... but not me. Oh yeah... you already knew this... hehehehehehe. How are you doing? And how is your new fill doing? Just saw your post and wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. Hugs!!

My last fill took about a week to kick in. I think I've had around 4-5 fills. With my first fill, I can remember not feeling hungry afterwards. With my second fill, I didn't feel anything. So, I guess it differs each time.

Just wondering...If it can take up to 1-2 weeks for a fill to kick in does that mean I could end up even tighter then I am now if what I feel right now is swelling? That may not be a very good thing...

Today was the first day I was able to eat anything after my fill on Thursday. I made meatballs and sauce for meatball sandwiches for my family. I ate two meatballs and was pretty full, so I guess it really does just vary from person to person.

I had a fill this past Tues. and felt some restriction yesterday (fri) so just a few days. It was my 1st fill.. 4cc's into a 14 cc band so I have a ways to go