Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else have days like this!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I had a fill last Thursday and was unable to eat until monday afternoon, when i went and got 1/2 cc taken out. Today I felt like I have ate EVERYTHING i could touch!!!!! I hope its just because i went 3 days without eating!!! Does anyone else have days where you just fall off the wagon??? I'm 3 months post op and this is the first day where i have really messed up!!!!!

I have been really struggling to stay on the wagon myself. It just sucks to have had surgery and still be hungry. Hoping the next fill will do it for me.

Hi there, i have trouble every time i have a fill ( i have had 4) and i am unable to eat for up to 2 weeks after. This is normal for me i have come to realise however, the last fill i had in september was awful as i couldn't even take Water and ended up collapsing. What i did realise this time though is that i was very pre-menstral and i really believe that is what makes it so bad for me. I think you need to give it more time after your fill to let the swelling calm down again, stick to fluids or soft for a few days/ week and then see if it all settles down before you have a de-fill. Like you i can still eat a fair bit and on the odd days but can rearly eat much at all whilst im pre-menstral. Hope this helps :wink2: Oh, and we all fall off the wagon now and again, we are only human x

The question should be, "Is there anyone who doesn't fall off the wagon?".

We all fall off the wagon. It's what we do afterwards that is important. In the past, when I'd fall, I'd just keep on falling the rest of the day...week...month...after the holiday. Now, if I eat something at lunch that I shouldn't have (or eat too much), I just smack myself on the head (sort of a wake up shot) and get right back on plan.

It's probably the only reason I didn't gain back the 30 I lost prior to getting an unfill and no restriction for the last 3 months.

No. I don't allow myself to. I'm not saying that snarkily, or condescendingly, or because I think I'm better at handling this than you; I'm none of those things.

I simply decided to adopt a, "That's just not an option" stance. It was really a watershed for me; I found I do have the control--ALL of the power. I never thought of myself that way before; I thought food had much more power over me. But I was wrong. This realization has been really helpful, not just in terms of weight loss, but psychologically.

Betsy- I'm right there with you. I consider myself a food addict (along with some other addictions). Eating high fat/high refined carb foods is just not an option for me. It's the first time I've lost weight without thinking- can't wait to be off this diet so I can eat xyz. For maintaince I have added some healthy carbs and fats but much of the food is the same. I am happy to say I have maintained for about 6 weeks now.

I have been able to pin point through tracking my food, weight and cycle that there is a day or two in the month where I feel like I could eat anything and everything! It usually happens mid-cycle for me. Now, I really try to recognize that time of the month and learn to stop myself. Just like when I start craving chocolate a week before my cycle. Once you pin point these problems and can recognize a pattern, it is much easier to deal with. Of course, it may be just me.:wink2:

I just don't have the resolve to stay ON THE WAGON 24/7. I have had a rough time since my last "un fill" and since then I have been on meds and a steroid. I have gained 3 lbs and am ticked off at myself.

I go through this every once in a while and then pick myself up and get it together. I need a fill for sure, but need to get my head back in the game.