Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Slipage, Now band will never be the same!

I let my band be over-filled on purpose so I could get better adjusted to eating right. Every few days I would have a problem and vomit and other signs of eating too much.

Suddenly on Friday, I realized that everything went down without a problem. Usually I would have had a reached fulfillment quickly. I am now hungry all the time.

I fear that I either put too much pressure and the band slipped or I caused it to leak.

I have moved and my surgeon is 2500 miles away. Can I go to a hospital and ask for a fluro to see? I do not have the resources and money to have my band removed and replaced.

I am so worried that my attempt to be agressive with my fill has led to a $10000 mistake and possbile regain of my 100 lb loss so far.

Feeling everyone's pain here...literally! I had a slip and mine hasn't been the same since, either. After all the trauma and misery and failed attempts at re-filling, my doctor and I have decided to remove and replace the band with a new one. Surgery is scheduled for February 9th, so I'm really hoping to get back on track soon. I was SO close to goal when things went haywire! :(

Good luck to everyone here...I really hope we all find our much needed solutions!

Dear Bandits - So sorry for your pain and discomfort! Unfortunately I think I know much of the same feelings. Ugh. I had my band slip sometime in Jan/Feb and confirmed in early March. So I was scheduled for a revision this past Tuesday (the entire experience brutal in so many ways) and I am now recovering with NO BAND. They took it out - I am so upset for so many reasons. Did you ever have your surgery and if so, how did it go? Best of luck - thanks for sharing.

Just curious...do you have insurance coverage at this time? Because even if they didn't cover your band, if you're having a complication, you may still have coverage for complications. But I would definitely try to find out what's going on. But letting your band get overfilled...well, whoever was doing the fills should have monitored it better also. Vomiting is not necessarily a sign of overeating. When my band was slipping, everything was coming back up and then it would correct itself and then I'd be fine. You might want to possibly consider having all the fill removed and give it a rest. I had all my fill removed in June of last year because I ended up in ER completely blocked. As soon as the fill was removed, the stomach dropped back into normal position...it's not really the band slipping as much as it is the stomach coming up through the band. They then slowly started to refill it again, only to get to 9cc in an 11 cc band with still no restriction...filled it to 10 and I was blocked. Band was removed in October and just replaced last month. So I do feel your frustration. I gained 40 lbs over the process. I would seriously check with insurance, if you have any, and see if they will cover for you to have a fluoro to see what's going on. Good luck

Trisha

I let my band be over-filled on purpose so I could get better adjusted to eating right. Every few days I would have a problem and vomit and other signs of eating too much.

Suddenly on Friday, I realized that everything went down without a problem. Usually I would have had a reached fulfillment quickly. I am now hungry all the time.

I fear that I either put too much pressure and the band slipped or I caused it to leak.

I have moved and my surgeon is 2500 miles away. Can I go to a hospital and ask for a fluro to see? I do not have the resources and money to have my band removed and replaced.

I am so worried that my attempt to be agressive with my fill has led to a $10000 mistake and possbile regain of my 100 lb loss so far.

NCIS, when I went in for my revision, I also came out with no band. All I could do was cry because going in, I had no clue they would be removing it. My stomach had adhesed to my spleen and they had to repair it and throw in some staples. So rather than risk an infection with a foreign body in there, they removed it. Luckily insurance agree to pay for it one more time...go figure. But it is horribly distressing when they remove it. Recovery was great for the removal. New band placed last month. But I was so afraid they were going to have to do a sleeve once they got in there and found they couldn't replace the band maybe because of scar tissue, but it went well (of course, a different, more experienced surgeon for the second band)

good luck and hang in there.

Dear Bandits - So sorry for your pain and discomfort! Unfortunately I think I know much of the same feelings. Ugh. I had my band slip sometime in Jan/Feb and confirmed in early March. So I was scheduled for a revision this past Tuesday (the entire experience brutal in so many ways) and I am now recovering with NO BAND. They took it out - I am so upset for so many reasons. Did you ever have your surgery and if so, how did it go? Best of luck - thanks for sharing.

Hi all!:rolleyes: I understand all of your concerns! I have had my band in for 8 years and lost and have kept off 100lbs. In December I went for a follow up and discovered my band had slipped. His first words out of his mouth was "we have to do surgery again." I just cried!!! I was not expecting to hear that. So I am schedule to have it removed and replaced with a new one in April 28th. Very nervous about removing it since its been in there sooo long. I thought about not replacing it and just have it removed but its a tool I need!!! I have gain some weight back, so it's something I need to keep. I hope it will continue to work!! Very nervous about this whole new journey. I feel all of your pain. Good luck to all and stay strong and optimistic!!!

Wishing you all the very best!!!

ayme