Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I am 4.5 months post op. How has the weight loss gone since surgery you ask? Well I have put on 15 of the 30lbs I lost pre-op.

I am having a hard go at this. I can eat what I want and am never feeling full after eating. I have had one fill only and it was only 2.5cc's in a 14cc band (there was 3cc's in surgery so I have 5.5cc's now).

I live a 2.5 hour flight from my closest fill centre so getting down for another fill is a bit of a challenge...but I will get another the end of October.

The town I live in is small and quite remote and there are no support groups or even people with the lapband.

I am hoping there is someone on here that would like to become almost a pen pal by email so we can work together and track each others progress.

This site is great, but I find there are sometimes too many opinions that vary from one extreme to another. I just want to meet someone that is going through the same thing and have that support from someone who understands this process.

Let me know what you think.

Hey, I understand what you are going thru, I did not get restriction until my 4th fill (now at about 9cc's in a 14 band).

This early time is very important to get numerous fills. If at all possible I would go ASAP and then maybe again at the end of the month.

Another thing that has been helping me is 1) working out and 2) tracking what you eat and noting the number of calories. As I started to track I started to make better choices which has helped in my WL. I am not losing at a fast pace but at least I am losing.

The one other option, which I did not do but had a friend do was take a small dose of some type of appetite suppressant until she was able to get good restriction. Maybe your doctor could give you a prescription (maybe for only a month) so it can help you from gaining until you get good restriction.

Message me if you want to talk further. Keep strong, it does work eventually.

Angelique

I have been a slow loser as well. I just got my 4th fill and now have 9cc in a 14cc- I definitely feel a lot more restriction now. You are in Alaska right? Have you tried looking for a closer place to get a fill? Hospital or GI doctor? Or are you that far out in the wilderness? I definitely agree with previous poster exercise is the key. Also, if you can try going back to your post op diet for a few days to reset yourself. You can feel free to PM me too...

Hey X96....I am in the maintenance stage and would be more than happy to help you through the difficult stage you are in. Just email me and fire away with any questions or concerns.

Thanks Gals for the replies. The biggest thing is, I am looking for someone to stay in daily contact via email to chat about how things are going. Almost like a motivational director :-)

I am not a slow loser....I am gaining, which to me is even worse.

I live in Yellowknife, which is in the Northwest Territories, Canada, so even more remote than much of Alaska!!

I have the 14cc band too. I was banded 6-10-10...I have had a couple fills and am now at 7.6cc's still dont have full restriction. I believe 8cc's is suppose to be average for that size band. What are you doing way up there? :biggrin:

I am up here for work. This city is the diamond capital of North America and there is a lot of mining happening, so it is about $$$$, that's why most people move here!! Also the fishing is pretty damn good :-)

I feel your pain! I am finally starting to feel restriction in my band but it's been a slow process. I have lost 57 lbs since my surgery almost a year ago but the past three months have shown little to no weight loss for me (partly by choice though because my wedding dress couldn't be taken in anymore) but I definitely know that my food choices were not good and once I got home and started eating right it helped a little but it's so discouraging to stay the same, or even gain, for several months at a time.

I finally got filled this last time to the point where I actually feel some significant restriction, which I haven't had this whole year of adjustments. Just hang in there and really watch what you are putting in your mouth. We are our own worst enemies and can sabotage our weight loss. Until you find that sweet spot, it's going to be tough. You have support here though. feel free to message me anytime and I'll help you get though it. You've always got friends on this message board :)

I am totally with you. Here are my struggles..

I have lost 24-26 lbs but it has been a struggle.

1st fill results were nothing - bread began to be somewhat of issue but I could eat easily.

The 2nd fill brought to light the perils of eating too fast and the need to chew my food about 36 times.

The psychological yo-yo for me has been after about 12 days after my second fill it seems to have loosened up. I go from feeling like I am pushing the envelope in my eating (guilt/failure), it is easier. However, if I eat to fast or do not chew the band will let me know (so it is working?).

My therapist told me to give myself a break and allow myself, mental and body, to adjust to the band. I know she is right but I am scared of failure and I know how much I still love food and sweets.

I even gained back to 280 after the first fill and came down to 272 after the second fill. BUT the scale was a little higher today 274.

I am on an emotional rollercoaster and I am scared I will not succeed with the band and wonder it I should have had a more aggressive surgery?

I knew I had issues with food before surgery but I also had health problems. I was aware it would still be work and challenging. However, since the surgery it is like both the volume and brightness was turned up on my food issues. They are more in my face than ever. I am trying to read Women Food and God by Geneen Roth and do the workbook but it is slow going.

I am willing to talk bia e-mail. My only concern is how to exhange the information privately. Does anyone know how to do this through this site???