Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im thinking of going back to my pre op diet. cause i am not losing anything i am getting mad. so i'll go back to 2 shakes one for Breakfast and dinner and Jello and yogart for lunch maybe it ill snap back into losing it. i lost 10 lbs pre op.i hate this trying to figure out hat and hat not to eat its driving me insane calories protien and carbs. maybe u guys can tell me ho many carbs and calories i am allowed cause i am going nuts

Edited by lovemysgt

How long have you been banded? Have you had any fills yet? Do you have good restriction?

i haven't had any fills yet that happens on the 14th of this month no restrictions i can eat anything. my eight keeps bouncing from 245 to 250 making me very depressed

Try sparkpeople. com ....I use this site everyday to keep track of my foods. I just put in what I eat and it breaks it down for me. I initially entered a goal weight set for January 2011 and it breaks down how many calories and how much Protein, carbs, and fat I can have each day. It keeps me on track while I have no restriction.

Try sparkpeople. com ....I use this site everyday to keep track of my foods. I just put in what I eat and it breaks it down for me. I initially entered a goal weight set for January 2011 and it breaks down how many calories and how much Protein, carbs, and fat I can have each day. It keeps me on track while I have no restriction.

ill check it out thanks:biggrin:

What are you eating? If you journal somewhere like fitday.com, you can get a good, realistic idea of what does and does not work for you.

I can tell you what has worked for me---but it may not be right for you. My doctor's regimen is low-carb, and comes in around 800-900 calories/day. I eat about 3 ounces of Protein at each meal, plus nonstarchy veggies. Occasionally, I have fruit. (I am "allowed" to daily, but really prefer veggies, so I lean toward them more.) I often use legumes as my Protein source.

At 75% of excess weight lost, we're "allowed" to reintroduce grains and starches. I have technically reached this stage (I'm 11.4 pounds from a normal BMI), but my goal is lower, so I only rarely include them. (For example, I no longer eat around croutons if the salad I order shows up with them. I occasionally eat sushi with rice...that sort of thing.)

My doctor recommends 65 g protein/day. I feel and lose better if I aim for 80-100 g (and usually come in around 80 these days, with restriction). To do this, I do rely on protein supplements 1-2X/day (depending on what I've eaten).

In a nutshell, for ME what works is:

800-900 calories/day

80-100 g protein

<50 g net carb (from nonstarchy veggie, legume, fruit sources)

only occasional starchy foods

(ETA: I have to add, I also take a good-quality bariatric Multivitamin and other supplements. Fitday tracks nutrients, so it's easy to see when, for example, I need to take a Calcium supplement, and when I've had enough for the day.)

I promise---PROMISE---things get so, so much easier as you approach restriction. You're in a a really tough phase right now, but you can lose during bandster hell if you tough it out. Yes, it's frustrating--it really is. But remind yourself that you're already on your way. This is the last time you will be hungry in the name of weight loss. Truly, the band will save you from that very, very soon.

i kno i am very impatient. i can't help being this way. ive been put down by my sister all my life and now i have the key to success and i am trying. its hard when your husband asks did you lose anymore and you cant say yes i fell like a failure. i know he means well but i take it the wrong way cause of my sister. now she is huge and im losing its like a race to say ha ha i did it you cant tease me anymore.

Google the 5 -day Pouch Test. It works!!

I understand completely. Really, we all do. It's a very frustrating period. You will get through it--and you will do great.

Hang in there. Do what you need to do to support your loss. And it will all fall into place

Google the 5 -day Pouch Test. It works!!

i googled but weird things came up can you put a link for me

Couple questions...

Are you exercising?

How much Protein are you taking?

I remember you "cheated" on your post op diet, are you back on track with the recommendations or have you already progressed to solid foods?

Couple questions...

Are you exercising?

How much Protein are you taking?

I remember you "cheated" on your post op diet, are you back on track with the recommendations or have you already progressed to solid foods?

i am on regular foods no my doc said ti as ok cause i wasn't having any problems. i excercising some i don't go crazy i walk and no riding my excercise bike. i can only do like 10 min right now. i have 2 eggs in the morning some cheese and lunch meat for lunch and diner chicken and veggies. nothing too crazy i don't eat crazy if i am dying for chocolate i eat sugar free Chocolate pudding.its hard for me to tell if i am eating too much for dinner cause breaking it don i do not know ho to do it. i made homemade chili last night i couldnt tell you how much carbs or protien or calories in it.

Edited by lovemysgt

I agree with you using sparkpeople.com! I first found it as a blackberry app, when i went to the website i fell in love! I have been using it only since tuesday and i am noticing a difference! Please check it out!

Every now and then i go back to liquids when i feel like weight loss has halted!

~Dena~

i googled but weird things came up can you put a link for me

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

thanks guys for all your support. you guys are great friends.