Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 (Bootiful Bandsters) Thread

I had my first post-op today, 2 weeks post-op, and my staples came out. I'm doing great! And...wait for it...have lost 25 pounds since my first visit!!!

Next appointment is in 2 weeks and they'll move me to solids. Then 2 weeks after that, first fill.

I'm doing well, feeling well, and have advanced my diet without difficulty. Here's hoping for the goodness to continue!

Hi

I was banded on 10/15/10. I feel okay (sort of), except for the area over the port site. That is still swollen and tender, and when I try to cough - as I was instructed to do while in the hospita - I feel like I have a knife going through the port site.

The only other complaint I have is trying to eat. I'm on full-liqued today, and every time I eat I feel like it gets stuck in my band area. I am hoping this will pass soon. I think I have a little bit of "buyers remorse" - but I hope this will go away soon too.

Anyone else feel this way?:smile:

Hi Tess2352 I am feeling the exact same way today! I woke up and feel like im choking on my shake and on anything I swallow. I tried to just drink cold Water thinking it will help cause I think that my area is swollen around my band. My chest pains were worse and decided on a heating pad on my back. that helped a bit. I hope you feel better too! hang in there :smile:

Hi all,

I was banded October 15, 2010. I was told to arrive @ the hospital @ 12:30, which I did, sat in the waiting area till about 3 p.m., was then taken to the pre-surgery room to get weighed, meet with doctor for any last minute questions & wait. Surgery took place about 5, (i was the last one for the day). Came off Anesthesia about 6, but was told my blood pressure was very high so was being monitored. (up until then I'd never had blood pressure issues). Stayed in recovery till 6:30, then was wheeled off to my room. I felt very sore & tired. I'm glad I stayed the night in the hospital because the nurses were great & I was being closely monitored. sleeping was bad, cause of pain but also cause I'm a side & tummy sleeper. I walked every 2 hours.

The next morning, I woke up refreshed & was ready to head home. For Breakfast they gave us 2 bottles of Water, non fat milk, broth, Jello & optisure shake. I had the Jello & milk.

Now that I'm home I'm walking every 2 hours, making a shake for Breakfast, making crystal light drinks for during the day, having broth, jello & of course sugar free popsicles.

Went to see the doctor yesterday and he said I'm doing great & should be able to go on the mushy stage by Friday.

I'm planning to return to work tomorrow (Thursday), now that I'm no longer taking the pain meds.

I've been having problems drinking enough Water, but I know its key to keeping hydrated.

weight.png

Well I guess i get to join you guys in the postop group. I had mine done wed. the 27. doing pretty good so far. already lost 6lbs:thumbup:

Wll, I got to be included in this group. I was banded and had a hiatal hernia repair on 10/26 . Boy , it has been something. I have lost a total of 21 pounds since post op appt. I am so happy about that. It has been years since i have been this weight. I get kind of weepy about if. I guess its hormones, yeah that's it......anyway, i know i am not getting enough liquids, but i am trying. Not having much pain, just a little sore. I have only taken 2 pain pills since surgery[dont like the way they make me fill] I have already been to store and have been doing a little walking. So its going good, i have hungry pains,but i am not hungry..................Dont go back to doctor till 11/10. Hope everybody keeps on the same road to our new thiner selfs....................................:wink2:

Hi all,

I just found this thread--glad I can be a part of it! I just got banded on the 30th, so not much to report yet. Mostly just soreness and some pain. I can start mushy foods tomorrow (hooray!) and I go back to my doctor on Saturday for my first fill (things are obviously done a little differently in South Korea).

I hope everyone is doing well in their post-op stages, and I'm glad we're in this together :wink2:

I was banded on 10/25 & am feeling terrific!! I go for my first post op doctor appointment tomorrow where my first official weigh in since surgery day will happen. I don't trust my home scales accuracy, I just use it as a guide, but it shows 10lbs down.

Happy to find fellow October 2010 bandsters to share the journey with!!

Wow! Its amazing how different all of our post-op instructions are. I was banded Monday so im on Day 3. Clear Liquids only for me for days 1-2, Days 3-14 full liquids (protien shakes), Week 3- Week 6 puree foods only. I can start mushy and solids after 6 weeks. I had a hiatal hernia corrected also though. Im down 10 lbs since I started pre-op diet. Im suppose to walk a little bit every 2 hours. The biggest problem for me now is drinking enough. Congrats to you guys I cant wait to keep on hearing how you all are doing.

I had my surgery Monday, Oct. 25th. I also had a small hiatal hernia and the recovery seemed to be harder. I was in alot of pain for 2 days taking tylenol with codine every 3 hours. Did you find your recovery to be harder because of repairing the hernia?

:)

I had my first post-op today, 2 weeks post-op, and my staples came out. I'm doing great! And...wait for it...have lost 25 pounds since my first visit!!!

Next appointment is in 2 weeks and they'll move me to solids. Then 2 weeks after that, first fill.

I'm doing well, feeling well, and have advanced my diet without difficulty. Here's hoping for the goodness to continue!

i am so happy for u keep up the good work

was banded on Friday NO gas pains, no hunger pains no incision pains. I feel very lucky. Going back to work tomorrow and I am a little afraid about that but time to move forward. The surgery itself was a LOT harder than I had expected. 5 Incisions covered with glue that falls off. Not being able to go pee resulting in them emptying my bladder at 3am was the worst part. Oh well, have to put all that behind me and move forward to a new life! Down 7 before surgery not sure how many now. Need a new scale!!!!!! I feel a newfound sense of HOPE and freedom. Hope everyone else does well.....

I had my surgery Monday, Oct. 25th. I also had a small hiatal hernia and the recovery seemed to be harder. I was in alot of pain for 2 days taking tylenol with codine every 3 hours. Did you find your recovery to be harder because of repairing the hernia?

I totally think it's a much harder recovery if you have a hernia repair also. I'm a wimp but even taking that into account it was rough. Here's to making it worthwhile.:rolleyes: