Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, it's nice to throw on the "small jeans" i've kept in the closet for yearssssssss and see that they're too big now! It was also nice throwing on an XL t-shirt without having to stretch it out first!

I am loving my band and excited about this journey! :)

I could use Breakfast ideas though!!! Got any?

So, it's nice to throw on the "small jeans" i've kept in the closet for yearssssssss and see that they're too big now! It was also nice throwing on an XL t-shirt without having to stretch it out first!

I am loving my band and excited about this journey! :)

I could use Breakfast ideas though!!! Got any?

Congrats on the smaller clothes.

Assuming you are back on regular food:

try egg in a mug recipes by hungry girl HungryGirl.com

I make overnight oatmeal with steelcut oats (only works with steelcut..) 1/4 cup oats & slightly more than 1 cup Water. Place in small cup or bowl that will fit inside of your crockpot. Place in crockpot about 8 hours before you want to have breakfast. put lid on crock & turn on low. Go to bed. In the morning, turn off crockpot and remove lid. Leave for a few minutes to let bowl cool enough to handle (go drink your coffee/tea/water and take your vitamins). Come back, remove bowl and doctor up your oatmeal to your liking. Suggestions: cinnamon, chopped apple or s/f applesauce, nutmeg, allspice, Tbspn of nonfat dry milk or fatfree canned milk, dash of salt, sprinkle of sweetner of your choice. Tbspn chopped walnuts. Very yummy and while it is high carb.. steelcut oats are low glycemic, meaning they won't spike your blood sugar and make you ravenous again in an hour.

Soft scrambled eggs with spinach, mushrooms & 1 tbspn bacon bits (I do 1 whole egg with 1/4 cup egg whites.. cuts the cholesterol & calories, but maintains the taste and I get the omega3's from the eggland's best eggs)

Leftovers from the night before are a good choice for me. I make meatloaf in muffin tins.. One little meatloaf is about 2oz and just perfect for breakfast.

Tennessee pride turkey sausage. 2 patties are 100 calories. Sometimes I'll have one with a scrambled egg & maybe some strawberries or blueberries.

Eggface has a blog with lots of recipes. She's RNY, but her stuff should be suitable for bandsters too.

Just scour the web for low calorie recipes.. that's what I do. Cookinglight is a good source. Also caloriecount.about.com

Have fun!!

It is exciting--congratulations!

Great website, I took a brief peek!

Thanks for the tips everyone :)

Way to go! Keep up the good work!

I can't eat solids in the mornings...so I go the smoothie route. My favorite is the varieties of Herbalife shakes --- we have a store here in town that sells it and gives out fabulous recipes for them, too....

I take 2 scoops of the tropical shake mix, about 6 oz OJ, some flavorless Protein powder, 1 tbs of vanilla SF pudding, a handfull of frozen fruit and about 3 oz ice....blend it all up and it is a fabulously yummy shake! (you could prolly use a vanilla shake mix, too - just add fruit, etc, as you desire)

My daughters favorite is the PB Choc --- take 2 scoops choc shake, extra Protein Powder, 1 tbs PB2 (powdered Peanut butter) or 1tbs real Peanut Butter, 1 tbs SF choc pudding, and 6 oz ice.....it ends up thick like a milkshake and yummy like a hershey's PB cup!!

They have flavorless Protein Powder at Walmart, I am told - that you can add 3 scoops for like 25 grams Protein - so I am going to get some of that......will make it easier to hit my protein grams for the day as I can't eat much quanity at a time and it is hard to get it in.

Hope that helps!

Kim

I make overnight oatmeal with steelcut oats (only works with steelcut..) 1/4 cup oats & slightly more than 1 cup Water. Place in small cup or bowl that will fit inside of your crockpot. Place in crockpot about 8 hours before you want to have breakfast. put lid on crock & turn on low. Go to bed. In the morning, turn off crockpot and remove lid. Leave for a few minutes to let bowl cool enough to handle (go drink your coffee/tea/water and take your vitamins). Come back, remove bowl and doctor up your oatmeal to your liking. Suggestions: cinnamon, chopped apple or s/f applesauce, nutmeg, allspice, Tbspn of nonfat dry milk or fatfree canned milk, dash of salt, sprinkle of sweetner of your choice. Tbspn chopped walnuts. Very yummy and while it is high carb.. steelcut oats are low glycemic, meaning they won't spike your blood sugar and make you ravenous again in an hour.

May I ask why you cook them overnight and not the traditional way? I just got banded on 9/30 so I'm still VERY new. I'm just living vicariously through other peoples post because I'm still unable to get enough fluids in me and I still feel like I got ran over by a amtrack train :)

May I ask why you cook them overnight and not the traditional way? I just got banded on 9/30 so I'm still VERY new. I'm just living vicariously through other peoples post because I'm still unable to get enough fluids in me and I still feel like I got ran over by a amtrack train :)

I use the overnight method because it's so easy. I think to cook steelcut oats the regular way takes 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how done you like them. I like getting up in the morning and the cooking is already done. :D

Organic Steel Cut Oats - Bob's Red Mill

Ah ok... Bobs Red Mill is down the street from me. I shop there from time to time :)

I'd never known about steel cut oats, I must switch over, i'd been using the regular ones! YIKES!

Angera -

Try making little omelets in muffin or mini-muffin tins. You can use a little canned biscuit dough to place in the bottom, then add any kind of meat (sausage, bacon, hamburger, even crabmeat) then pour an egg mixture (seasoned eggs with any kind of cheese), over the biscuit dough and put into the oven at 350 until browned on top.

They freeze really well and you can pop a couple in the microwave in the morning for Breakfast. You can also heat up some Pasta sauce or salsa for dipping.

Heck, my husband used to eat them for breakfast too when I made them.

Emjay....

Those sound delicious....

That does sound really good!

I finally went shopping yesterday for some clothing after two people yesterday commented about my clothes looking too big. Geez folks, don't say anything unless you want to be the one to buy me new clothes!

This past summer, I was wearing a pair of shorts that were a size 28 and jeans that were a 26! yikes!

The jeans I bought yesterday were a size 20 and so were the work pants i got :unsure:

Emjay.... I just wanted to let you know that I managed to get up enough energy and I made those little mini pan egg muffin things for my husband. He said they were so delicious and he couldn't stop eating them. I used ground up sausage with some shatakii mushrooms, in the eggs I finely chopped up fresh rosemary, onions, red bell pepper and heirloom Tomato and used garlic cheddar cheese on top. They smelled soooooo good. I wanted one so bad but I'm still on liquids since I had my surgery 9/30. But that did me in, I had to lay down and rest lol!

Herraven -

Wow - you put so much more thought into it than I usually do! Glad you liked them! You can put almost anything into them really (as you have done). Easy, freeze well, and packed full of Protein when you use meat, cheese and eggs.

Best of luck to you...especially when you graduate to real food!