Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

wow I really messed up skeptical above LOL

anyway, miss joany, I didn't hear if you were getting relief on your port.

wow I really messed up skeptical above LOL

anyway, miss joany, I didn't hear if you were getting relief on your port.

WOW I have lots of your postings to go through, and web sites to checkout for recipes. Yippee!!! Can't wait to try some. No I am still unable to bend over without pain. I wonder if the band is too tight. My f/u appt is Nov 30. No one called me with the results, I will try and wait until then. I can walk fine, and sit down and get up, but can't bend over to put my shoes on, or get something that falls on the floor without putting my left foot behind me. I really wanna clean the bathroom floor too, but can't get down to clean behind the commode. But I don't see any of the dirt moving, so I guess it can wait. If I have to go in for surgery to loosen the band, I will know what to expect, all the pain from the gas, and know I have to walk to get better. But that would be such a set back. I have lost 27 pounds so far, so hoping they do not need to take the band out. I have not had a fill yet, either.

I found some small cans of pumpkin, looking for something I can make with it- so at least I can feel like it's a holiday. I put some Silk Egg Nog in my coffee, wasn't bad, but not like the real stuff!!!

I googled what to make with pureed pumpkin pie. This one sounds good!

BAKED ZITI WITH PUMPKIN AND SAUSAGE Makes 12 servings 4 cups (12 ounces) dry regular or whole-wheat ziti 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg Pinch cayenne pepper 1 (12-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk 4 links (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian-seasoned chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices 1 (6-ounce) package or about 4 cups pre-washed baby spinach 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 4-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare Pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking Water, and set aside for later use. Drain pasta; return to cooking pot.

2. Meanwhile, combine pumpkin, flour, garlic powder, salt, nutmeg and cayenne pepper in medium skillet over medium heat. Slowly add evaporated milk, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken slightly. Pour over pasta in pot. Add sausage and reserved pasta cooking water; stir well.

3. Spread half of the pasta mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with spinach. Cover with remaining pasta mixture. Lightly spray piece of foil with nonstick cooking spray. Cover ziti with foil, greased-side-down.

4. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Combine mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses in small bowl. Remove foil; sprinkle with cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

It has just 200 calories per serving.

the Dr discovered (after injecting a full syringe of saline) that my port is not working properly. ...Have you heard of anyone else with this challenge?

Check out the Lap-Band Complcations section

Lap-Band

Navigation »LAP-BAND Surgery and LAP-BAND Discussion Forum > Lap-band Support Groups » Lap-Band® Complications

I realized yesterday that I acheived a small victory. I now weigh less than my driver's license says I do! Sometimes it's the little things that put a smile on your face.

Wow! that is one of my goals too! I just past a big milestone last week: I am finally below 100 kg but my real goal is to be below my DL weight. I feel that I have been lieing for way too long now. I also had fun shopping this weekend picking out things that were a couple of sizes smaller than normal thinking "yah right" but they all fit!! and they looked good!!

Keep looking forward

Laurie

Got my 2nd fill today...now have 5cc in a 14cc band. Having some issues with my thyroid, going for a core biopsy on wednesday. Keep me in your thoughts...I'm scared to death!

Got my 2nd fill today...now have 5cc in a 14cc band. Having some issues with my thyroid, going for a core biopsy on wednesday. Keep me in your thoughts...I'm scared to death!

Hi Pooky.

I will definitely keep you in my thoughts on Wednesday. Best of luck with your thyroid core biopsy. I hope everything goes well for you, Pooky!

I have a thyroid issue and I've taken synthyroid for years but I don't remember ever getting a core biopsy. I remember other types of thyroid tests I had to go through, though. I've heard that thyroid tests are not that bad.

Try to take it as a positive spin - they are going to see if anything is wrong so they can fix it, if need be. Early detection is always the best!

Maxi

You are in our thoughts! Can't wait to hear from you. I was diagnosed with thyroid disease back in June, tyring to find the right dosage of Synthroid. Hopefully it's not an overnight procedure and you will be home the same day. Sounds as though the LP is working for you though!

:( Good afternoon everyone....Got my 2nd fill this morning. 4.5cc in a 10cc band. On liquids today and tomorrow and then back to solids. Hoping this will start me on my way to my sweet spot :)

Hi Theresa.

I hope that your 2nd fill finds your sweet spot!

Lucky you that you already got your 2nd fill. I don't have my 2nd fill until mid Dec. I only have 3cc in my 10cc band at the moment. I need more restriction! My weight loss is very, very slow right now

Maxi

Thanks Maxi....on liquids till tomorrow. I only lost 3lbs since my first fill on Oct. 26. And the 3 lbs was all in the first week. this past 2 weeks I stayed at 231....when I went in yesterday I had actually gained 2 of that back. It is back off today so I knew it was just from being on my dot (period). I hope this fill last awhile too. I will keep you updated.

I like the "dot" thing. I'm looking at the weight loss of our september bandsters and it really looks comparable. I'm down 14 pounds now and others are pretty close to me. I guess we will have lots lost by next year at this time. I only get fills every 8 weeks, so that's kind of scary. I had my first one last week (6cc's in an 11 cc band) and am hoping that I'm going to get a delayed reaction of restriction, but PA says doubtful. Hopefully the next one will do the job. ...

Keep me posted Theresa.

Hi all! this monday I flew to Tijuana and got my first fill, he tried for 6, but under flouro I could only take 4.5, it was interesting to watch, the Fluid go down and get stuck. my friend at the same place got 6.5, so interesting how different everyone is. although she still feels hungry a lot, I'm ok, but today is my first day on solids.

for some reason, it got on my 'dot' the day after, which was day 24 of my cycle, I'm a 28 day gal, so I thought it was strange, maybe related, maybe just stress from travel, maybe it's just i'm in my 40's now and not as regular.

anyway will be interesting to see how things go over the holidays, I'm trying to be prepared. my weight is down 11 since surger 9/27. I'm ok with that, I see some are higher, but it is nice that I'm still losing, working to keep it up.

well happy day all. great to read your posts.

Hi all! this monday I flew to Tijuana and got my first fill, he tried for 6, but under flouro I could only take 4.5, it was interesting to watch, the Fluid go down and get stuck. my friend at the same place got 6.5, so interesting how different everyone is. although she still feels hungry a lot, I'm ok, but today is my first day on solids.

for some reason, it got on my 'dot' the day after, which was day 24 of my cycle, I'm a 28 day gal, so I thought it was strange, maybe related, maybe just stress from travel, maybe it's just i'm in my 40's now and not as regular.

anyway will be interesting to see how things go over the holidays, I'm trying to be prepared. my weight is down 11 since surger 9/27. I'm ok with that, I see some are higher, but it is nice that I'm still losing, working to keep it up.

well happy day all. great to read your posts.

Hi Lisa,

It sounds neat to be able to watch the fill going in. I had my surgery on 9/17 and had my first fill on 10/28. I did not have my fill under fluoro so I did not see what was happening to me. I only got 3 cc in a 10 cc band and I don't think that is enough. I eat bigger portions that I should as a bandster. I lost 24 lbs since my surgery, which is also less than many other bandsters. Much of my weight loss came at the beginning and some weight loss came before surgery.

I think you have the right idea that we should be happy with any loss we get. I am grateful that I get compliments when people see me who have not seen me in a while. However, my weight loss almost seems to be nonexistent at this point and even goes up sometimes. It is frustrating weighing yourself every day when our bodies fluctuate so much.

In the past, when I have not lost weight in a 1 or 2 weeks where I start to give up on losing any more weight, I start to lose some more. We'll see if that happens now. I pray it does!

You should be happy you got 4 1/2 cc even though you wanted more. I wish that I had that much fill! I don't get my 2nd fill until mid December. I'm not sure it will be that much less than what you already have.

Maxi

Hi Maxi2010 - looks like we have very similar numbers...and we were banded the same day.

Had my third fill yesterday. I don't have mine under flouro. So far I'm right on track and all is going well.

I don't get comments about my weight loss, but I'm also not losing at a rapid weight and most people around me are used to my weight going up and down. I don't think I'll get comments until I get below the range I have fluctuated in for many, many, many years. I do get compliments from my hubby. He likes that my hourglass shape is getting more pronounced as my waist gets thinner.