Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

yeah, it's 1/3 c high Fiber Cereal

1 squar, 10 grams dark chocolate

1/4 cup raspberry (or any berry)

3 oz plain/ greek/// or nonfat vanilla artificial sweetner yogurt

Hey all my September bandster buddies! I know its been a while since I posted, but I'm back now. I had my thyroid surgery December 13, then left for Cozumel the 14th! We had a great time, and now we're home and I'm getting back on track with my band. I'm down 28 lb since I started, which isn't where I wanted to be at this point, but its better than where I came from! I hope everyone had a great holiday, and I will post more tomorrow!!!

Hi everyone..hope everyone had a great holiday. I have to say i am proud of myself that i made it through the holiday not eating things i wasnt supposed to and didnt gain anything!

Its been 3 1/2 months since surgery and im down about 48lbs. Im proud of that but i didnt hit my goal of 50 by christmas. I have been doing ok with my diet but have let life stress keep me from going to the gym and I think that might be why my weight loss has kind of haulted. I have lost inches but the scale doesnt seem to be budging. anyone have any other advice on what to do to get it moving again? I think i might need to get my 3rd fill because im able to eat 5-6oz to feel full but i try to measure everything and stick to the 3-4oz dr said. I still have like 70lbs to go and want to get back that 2-3lb weight loss every week.. PLEASE HELP!! Thank you and have a great weekend!

Hi Everyone!

WOW... let me tell you how hard it has been to loose my frist 50 pounds... I have been on a see-saw ... and today I am still .9 lbs away from that goal... but I am motivated more than ever to see a change tomorrow... I plan on eating my portions today, drinking Water, and I am doing the Zumba DVD and running at least 2 miles tonight... I hope to see that scale move tomorrow =)

I also have my first 5k run on Sunday and I have to be honest... I am scared... but all I can do is try my hardest...

I will post once I hit my goal, origianlly it was due for Dec 31st... but a couple of days after is not a big deal... without my wonderful band... I would of probally gained... so I am happy and just have to put in a little more effort.

Have a wonderful week!

Remember to take it one step at a time.

Moni

Hi everyone, tomorrow I go for my first local blind fill, I hope it goes alright, I've been feeling hungry and also like I can eat anything since new years, then today during lunch I pb'd- so I guess that's not completely true.

Purplevic, you are doing great, I'm stuck at 38 lb loss, keep losing the same 2 bls again and again. I'm getting a fill, we'll see if it helps. I've also read some stuff about shaking things up a bit, change your work out schedule, or like if you have been doing the same thing, try something a little different, or the time you eat, before the holidays I was doing mostly 1200 cal days, with one at 1400 and one at 1000 each week, and trying to mix that up in the week when it happened. just to keep the metabolism moving a bit.

Moni, it's funny, my scale isn't digital, so I can' barely see 1 lb difference. you will be at 50 lb loss before you know it.

Lisa

It's good to see you all still active!

I am in a weird place where I know I'm "fine" but I also know I can do so much better! I have been eating horribly for almost a month now-- eating whatever (Pasta, some bread, lots of french fries and chips), and way too much of it. Sometimes I get full quickly and stop, most of the time I keep right on going. Sure, I'm eating less than I used to and I'm still losing (very very slowly now, for obvious reasons), but this is ridiculous. I don't want to complain because I've done very well, but when I think about how well I could be doing if I just followed the dang rules, I get frustrated with myself.

I go for a fill tomorrow and though I'm scared about messing up the "easiness" I've got going now (no getting stuck or any other band-related negative, ever), I could use a little kick in the butt to get me back on track. If nothing else, my post-fill liquid diet should get me realigned :rolleyes:

Good to see you folks-- glad we're all around still getting the support we need.

Hey all, just back from my semi local fill. wow, it was a great experience, very responsive Dr.s no problem with that I'm a Mexico girl. blind fill, I liked the flouro fills of Mexcio, but I like having this place so close, and the fill was only 150, wow, and I could have seen a nutritionist for that same money. They are going to be aggressive, and will give me more if I want in 3 weeks. hey if you even hear someone in the midwest looking for a fill, I recommend them, they seem way better then what I"ve heard about fill centers USA . I've been so hungry since new years I really need to get back on track. I hope this helps. although now I have 7 ccs in my band, and a dinner ladies night out. worried. before now I could eat anything.

Zen great to see you back. you are doing great! 77 lbs lost, I know you lost a lot before surgery, but still that's great.

Oh it's interesting, these Docs were like don't worry about calorie counting, count carbs, and if you can keep them to 30gs, wow, I'm no where near that. my Protein is like 60 gs, so then my carbs would be like half my protien, that's different then any recomendation I've seen. Any of you diligent low carbers, is that what you do? what's your Protein?

Lisa

Lisa, keep us updated on your fill. I went in today and got 1 cc-- for a total of 2.5. That's plenty for me I think-- it's weird how different people are with the amount of fill that feels good! I'm glad you had a good experience. Sucks about the girl's night-- my surgeon has a 3-day liquids after-fill diet, so if I were in your shoes I'd be sipping on tea!

Doc thought my weight loss was good, so I guess I'm being too hard on myself. Big surprise, right? ")

Hi everyone, Glad to hear everyone is moving and adjusting. In December I lost the same 1 lb three times before the scale started moving again. I have lost 45 lbs so far. I like the idea to change up the calorie counts, to keep my metabolism from slowing down, think I will try it. My nutritionist recommended (for me) 45 % Carbs, 30 % Protein and 25 % Fat for 1200 calories. I am using Calorieking.com to plug it all in. It even gives you additional calories based on your exercise routine as well. My doct still says it does not look like I need a fill, but I seem to be able to eat alot more than before. One day, for whatever reason, I ate about 6 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, I was full but I was surprised I coud eat that many. Maybe cause they melt, I do not know what possessed me to want them so I hope not to have too many more of those episodes.

I guess as we lose more weight, our loss will slow down, I will be happy with 1 lb a week as long as it is consistent.

I find it so hard to calorie count when I am eating home cooked food so I have been trying to just watch my portions with home cooked. I know what Im around when I take food and Snacks to work so thats not too bad.

Ya know, I find that there are some days that are so damn easy but then there are some days that its brutal. Whats with that? Im guessing its just my mood that affects everything.

Does anyone have problems with Water? I know its so important to get lots of Water but Im finding it so hard to get all the water I need. I used to drink more water before getting banded. Uhhh what to do... Gotta try harder, I know!

so far my fill is definately keeping my portions and my hunger down. I have pb'd twice since then though, very nasty.

so anyway, you are right zen about how different, that's what I love about this forum, so many different perspectives.

dainde, Water is a huge problem for me too, I usually drink with meals, now that's eliminated. If you haven't seen it, with home cooked I use spark people.com, they have a great free recipe calculator, so you put in your recipe and how many servings and it calculates your nutrition, so then you can play with it, what I if had smaller/ more servings, or what if I left of this or that. Honestly since the fill I haven't felt a need to count too much because my portions are so small before I feel good, maybe this will change.

Hang in there Joany, it's worth it to figure out some better sancks, lowfat yogurt, baby carrots, even those yoplait delights, maybe if you are armed with a few good healthy Snacks you'll make it through the temptation. Just realize how great you'll feel if you let it pass. even if you say keep a sugar free candy thing, and limit one, like a russel stovers are tasty but small and still many calories and carbs, but its good to reward yourself too some, I still like the sugar free fudgecicles too. very helpful to me. that and yogurt on hand, course you might not have access at work to a freezer, but anyway, you can mmake it past these urges. I had a rough time over the holideays, still do, I'm just trying to get smarter that's all.

hope you all have a great week, man I need to get back on the treadmill this week, I took the whole weekend off.

Lisa

these pictures are great of 300 calorie meals, although at this point with my fill it's hard to imagine being able to eat the meals on the left.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1260

Hi Everyone,

I am here to share my exciting news... I FINALLY reached my mini-goal of losing 50 pounds!!! It took me longer than I wanted to, but I made it!!!

Hope all is well with you guys!

Moni

weight.png

Congrats!!! :D I know you are excited! You are doing great!!!

Hello everyone, glad to see everyone is coping. I am still having difficulty getting to the 50 lb mark. Sitting at 46 lbs for two weeks. I think about food all the time. After watching a Dr. Oz show I think I can say I am a food addict. I stopped writing food down for a week, and didn't lose any. So back writing it all down. I am scared to eat home cooked food because I cannot count the nutrients in it. So I mostly eat egg beaters, and tuna salad. Maybe some day I might feel comfortable around food, but for now, I am not. I was asked the other day if I wanted something from McDonalds. After I said yes, then changed my mind, everyone was laughing at me. But I am glad I changed my mind. It was getting too easy to give in. So now I am going to get on the treadmill in a few moments. Doctor still said it did not look like I needed a fill, as it appeared I have enough restriction. I have another appointment tomorrow and will ask again. After eating those Peanut Butter cups, I was astounded of how many I could eat at one time. Talk to everyone soon.