Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Okay guys... well, I just went in for my 90 day visit. I lost another 8 pounds and so that puts me at a total of 50 pounds... one of my Christmas wishes. Yay! Hope all is well for everyone else out there! ...and if I dont get back on, let me say it now... HAPPY HOLIDAYS! biggrin.gif

Happy holidays to you as well!

Hello everyone, wow it sounds like so many of you are doing great. I am bummed, today I weighed myself and am back up to where I was when I got filled before thanksgiving. Maybe I need a fill, the holidays are killing me, I'll lose a lb. and then gain it back. I've lost 30 lbs total now, which I am happy about, but really I've only lost 13lbs since I was banded. I need to get back on track. I also broke my toe on a treadmill I just bought, so now I can't walk on it. I'm feeling hopeless. I need to get back on track.

Hello everyone, wow it sounds like so many of you are doing great. I am bummed, today I weighed myself and am back up to where I was when I got filled before thanksgiving. Maybe I need a fill, the holidays are killing me, I'll lose a lb. and then gain it back. I've lost 30 lbs total now, which I am happy about, but really I've only lost 13lbs since I was banded. I need to get back on track. I also broke my toe on a treadmill I just bought, so now I can't walk on it. I'm feeling hopeless. I need to get back on track.

Hi Lisa,

Don't be bummed... if you can't walk just work on your Water intake and Portion Control. You can also do some weights while sitting down. Maybe go on youtube and find some sitting down excerise to keep you activate.

Have a wonderful Holiday!

Moni

I can sympathsize. I have gained and lost the same pound for two weeks now. Everytime I go out and have something I gain a pound, then I have to lose it again. And WOW can't imagine how your broke your toe. Not sure I want to know, since I hope to start again on the treadmill after my doc gives me the ok next week. I agree, maybe you could do some resistance exercises with a band, or hand weights. I will lend you my 17,5 pound kitties, then are a handful to lift. Could you go in the Water? Maybe not if you have bandages.

But most of all enjoy your holidays, we can get back on track afterwards. Being with your family and friends and not stressing over our weight might even help. We are here for you too.

Hello to all bandsters! I have been so busy that I had not been on the site, but it is good to be back. :)

Wonderful to read so many great stories!

The questions is a good way to start of the postings again:

1. how many cc's you have in your band? I was banded 9-9-2010 and received less then 1 cc, possible only 1/2 cc at surgery, and have not gotten a fill. Somehow the surgery did what I needed! So far! :)

2. do you feel you have restriction- what does that mean for you? Ohhh, yes, I do feel restrictions! Yogurt, icecream, shakes go down with zero restrictions... but let me try to eat 2 peanutbutter crackers and I am full. Last night I tried pizza for the very first time in months, one of my favorite foods. One slice and I was super, super full, and I had to eat this slice over 30-40 minutes. Thank God! It works great for me!!!

I have had one major episode that something was stuck, and hope it will not repeat. I have to chew certain foods real long and eat very slow, and that is at times still challenging for me.

3. are your calories tending to stay below like 1600 (or what are your calories generally.) Pretty much; I stoped counting but try to get Protein in first and stay away from empty carbs. But do have some "bad" food in moderation, like the pizza last night!

4. what is your weight loss like. Has been great! I lost 50 pounds all together and hope to looooooose 20 more! I might have a week with no significant loss but usually loose 1-2 pounds per week.

5. are you hungry between meals. Not really hungry but have terrible gravings for my old bad foods that made me as big as I was...so it is all a mind game for me at this point. Hard, very hard to stay away from it!

6. are you exercising, and how much I exercise an average of 4-5 times a week and have gotten into weights, cardio, zumba and step aerobic. Love going to the gym again; I used to be active and only after I had gained so much weight stopped doing work outs. I am back to being my active self!

7. how much Water are you drinking? Honestly: not enough! When I excercise I drink a lot, but the rest of the day I forget...sad to say but I have to constantly remind myself to drink.

Overall the band has changed my life dramatically and has given me myself back an dmore! . I am off ALL medications. Well I take the multi vitamine and Calcium. I have no more GERD, I have very little back pain compared to prior banding, and I recognize myself in pictures and in my activity level. I am HEALTHY again and love it. This hard journey has been worth all the hard work!

Looking forward reading more of your great stories and happenings!

Merry Christmas from NC!!!

Merry Christmas from NC as well. Expecting a snow storn overnight. I have to work today and get off at midnight, so pray I make it home ok. Working on Christmas I have the fun of friends, but they bring in Cookies and cakes. I did not have any last night! I have not had a fill either, but it seems I have less restriction than before. I had a piece of pizza last week and I did not feel any restriction, but it did fill me up. But if I eat my usual eggbeaters with toast in the morning, it does sometimes get stuck. So glad you are doing well and excersing up a storm. Have a great holiday..

Monica and Scared, OMG that is so awesome. Actually you all are an inspiration, thanks for the encouragement. Brenda, I'm so sorry, you have been through the wringer. your weight loss is just fine and dandy, you will catch up in no time. I"m sure being pregnant with the band, especially right when you first get it, must have been so stressfull, both things are such big adjustments. There are many people that do get pregnant with the band, but man both in the same month, crazy. I'm glad you are ok. Things have a way of working out. I'm glad to see you on here.

Ms Joany, let's just say, don't try to dismount the treadmill while it is running, and it's probably best not to get on with someone else. It was a freak accident related to me being a jacka@@.

anyway I got back on today, got up to 2.9 miles per hour. felt ok. I was bare foot because shoes still hurt.

Well anyway I'm back on the straight and narrow, thank you all for your support and your encouragement.

Lisa

yeah, so I finally got on the scale today because I wanted to see where I was now that I'm back on the band wagon. I'm down 272. last week when I started complaining, I was up to 278, which is where I was when I got my fill, I had gotten down to 273, but now I am down one more from that. so I've lost 6 lbs in a month and a half with 2 major bad food holidays and a month of Cookies and candies in the house- and a broken toe so no exercising. hurray. I've walked 20 minutes on the treadmill both today and yesterday too, I'm a bit slow with the toe, but back on track, but now it's not even 10 and I already feel hungry, drat!

Lisa

How was everyone's holidays? I had to work all of them, but it wasn't too bad. We have 8 inches of snow on Christmas day, and one week later it's 65 degrees. Crazy. I am finally back on track. Last night they guys wanted to go out for Chinese food and I almost got an egg roll. Then I changed my mind, and said it was not worth it, and ate my turkey meatballs and spaghetti squash. I was so proud!! Hope I can keep it up. It sure was easy to give in and eat over the holidays, I was surprised just how easy it was. I had my f/u with my surgeon. I had the fluroscope and everything looked good, they decided I did not need a fill. And I got the OK to start exercising again. So now I think I need to be more vigilant, because it does not feel like I have as much restriction and can eat more at one sitting. I really want to keep going. I want to get to that point, also, where I recognize me in pictures. That cruise is in August.. Well kitties want Breakfast, NOW, so will be back later.

Hi everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Its been a really long time since I was on but with the new job, holidays and other crap... I haven't been feeling up to tracking anything. But I am here again and recommitted to myself!

I have been pretty off track with all the holiday things. I am disappointed that I haven't lost more but I am proud that in 3 (almost 4) months I am down 20 pounds. Sure, could be a lot better but its not and Im okay with that! I am about 7 pounds less then this time last year so thats a bonus too!

With this new year, I am re-committed, re-focused! :D

I hope that everyone is well and had wonderful holidays! I will be reading that last few pages of posts to catch up a little!

Danielle, that is great, I am with you on needing to refocus.

Ms Joany, that is great, I'm glad everything is ok. Why did he say that about the fill, I mean if you are hungry and feeling less restriction, what was his reason to not fill.

I'm curious because as a Mexico patient I have to make this call myself, if I do or don't need one before I get filled. Anyway being more hungry between meals, and able to eat more was my bench mark- well that and not losing weight.

I have found a local place that will do a blind, none flouro fill for 150, can't believe it. I have been really hungry today and yesterday, and over ate at a potluck last night. This local place is much closer then Tijuana, and while I trust the tijuana fills as being better, for the price hopefully it's worth it. it's a barrix clinic in Ohio. if anyone knows anything about them/

Anyway hears to new beginnings getting more on track, and leaving all the holiday junk food and parties behind.

Danielle, that is great, I am with you on needing to refocus.

Ms Joany, that is great, I'm glad everything is ok. Why did he say that about the fill, I mean if you are hungry and feeling less restriction, what was his reason to not fill.

I'm curious because as a Mexico patient I have to make this call myself, if I do or don't need one before I get filled. Anyway being more hungry between meals, and able to eat more was my bench mark- well that and not losing weight.

I have found a local place that will do a blind, none flouro fill for 150, can't believe it. I have been really hungry today and yesterday, and over ate at a potluck last night. This local place is much closer then Tijuana, and while I trust the tijuana fills as being better, for the price hopefully it's worth it. it's a barrix clinic in Ohio. if anyone knows anything about them/

Anyway hears to new beginnings getting more on track, and leaving all the holiday junk food and parties behind.

I love your quote!! When I was tested to see if my port flipped they just stuck a needle in there blindly, and said this is just how a fill would feel. I did have the fluroscope and was told it appears I have enough restriction now. I might ask for one next time though. I do feel hungrier between meals. Not sure why but yesterday I had food on my mind and ate several Reese's Peanut Butter cups. I got full, and then had an upset tummy. I'm not really sure why I wanted them, but I asked myself today if it was worth it. Actually they did not even taste all that good, but I could not stop myself. I have had an upset tummy all day today too. It was scary that it all went down so easily, but they are soft and melt easily so maybe that is why. I won't give in again. Yup new day, new year, got a physical tomorrow and my doctor said she can't wait to look at my cholesterol levels, etc. Me neither. Now I gotta get back on the exercise routine, so I can walk better and maybe turn some heads on that cruise in August. Lisa can your insurance company recommend anyplace to do fills??

Hi Everyone!!!

Happy New Year!!!

So far I have not met my goal to loose 50 pounds before 01/01/11... I am 2 pounds away!!! But come on... I lost 48 pounds in 3 months and 14 days... and that is out of this world... so no sad faces here... just have to push harder =)

I am really excited because I found a location about 4 miles from my house that gives Zumba classes. I love to dance and love Zumba... I have the DVDs at home, but wanted to go see if the class would motivate me more. So tonight is my first class... I can't wait.

I wanted to share my 2011 resolutions and goals so I can feel some type of accountability with completing the goals... here are mine...

What are your 2011 New Year resolutions?

A New Year and new resolutions... Here are mine:

1. Continue to work on my personal happiness, wellbeing, and health

2. Continue to loose weight and reach my goal by year end (160 lbs)

3. Continue school with GPA of 3.8 or higher

4. Pay off as many bills as possible

5. Work on my communication/relationship with my husband

6. Go to a "woman" doctor to get in control

7. Always look my best, put makeup and fix my hair daily

8. Workout at least 4 days a week

9. Track my calorie, Protein, and workout daily

10. Save as much money as possible

What mini-goals do you have for this year?

1. Loose 50 pounds by 12/31/2011 (did not meet goal in 2010 so I will meet by 01/15/2011).

2. Be in Onederland by April 1st 2011

3. Be in a size 12 by my birthday (06/01)

4. Be in a size 10 by my anniversary (08/30)

5. Get a makeover on my bandaversary (09/20)

6. Be at goal weight (160 lbs) before 12/31/2011

Let's keep pushing forward... one step at a time.

Moni

Hi all. You are right Joany, you can eat all the icecream and candy you want, no restriciton will stop it, to bad we don't have a quick super fill, close the whole up when you are near stuff like that, then let it out- ha ha. The other problem with the sweets is they make me even hungrier once I've had the sugar.

my instinct diet book is big on Desserts with Fiber and fruit and protien- all three if you can, so you feel more full and satisfied. My favorite one is a 100 calorie- light and fit vanilla yogurt (the low cal kind- with aspertame or whatever, my yogurt during the day is a live active yogurt, and has more cals, but this is dessert) high fiber Cereal, frozen raspberries, and melted dark chocolate- the portions work out to 100 cals- and it is so satisfying - and feels like a real dessert. not really pretty, I wouldn't serve it at a party, but for me it's great.

so Joany I am self pay, no coverage- I have an HSA that I use for this, I hope the IRS doesn't mind. This blind fill place I think should be good, I hope, and if not they are close enough to not be a problem. I guess some blind fill places say if you have to come back for adjustment within 2 weeks it will be 50$. so hopefully that will be the case. I love the OCC dr's in Tijuana, very professional, and they do a great job. Thier fills are tops for sure, wish I lived in the area. But for me it's a day off work, babysitting, plus probably like 500$ in flying, parking, ground transport and other fees. I know some places charge almost 400 for a fill, so this 150 place is exciting prospect and I won't have to take off work or get a sitter.

well have a great day all

Hello everyone! Glad to see everyone seems to be doing well when looking at the big picture. Brenda, so sorry to read about your loss. I wish you well in your recovery. MissJoany, great that your infection finally cleared up after all this time. LisaA, I cracked up at your treadmill incident decsription. To everyone, Happy New Year!!

December was a tough month for me because I was sick most of the time. I didn't lose any weight the past month. I've had way too many sweets and very little exercise. The bright side, I'm working at kicking the sweets, I'm able to exercise again, I'm down 26 pounds since surgery and 33 pounds since New Year Day a year ago.

My goals for 2011:

Get to goal weight of 144 and BMI of 24 by end of year.

Complete a 5k by 3/31.

Complete a super sprint triathlon by 4/30.

Complete a sprint triathlon by 8/30.

Complete a 10k by 10/31.

Complete an Olympic/International triathlon by 12/31.

Hi all. You are right Joany, you can eat all the icecream and candy you want, no restriciton will stop it, to bad we don't have a quick super fill, close the whole up when you are near stuff like that, then let it out- ha ha. The other problem with the sweets is they make me even hungrier once I've had the sugar.

my instinct diet book is big on desserts with fiber and fruit and protien- all three if you can, so you feel more full and satisfied. My favorite one is a 100 calorie- light and fit vanilla yogurt (the low cal kind- with aspertame or whatever, my yogurt during the day is a live active yogurt, and has more cals, but this is dessert) high fiber cereal, frozen raspberries, and melted dark chocolate- the portions work out to 100 cals- and it is so satisfying - and feels like a real dessert. not really pretty, I wouldn't serve it at a party, but for me it's great.

so Joany I am self pay, no coverage- I have an HSA that I use for this, I hope the IRS doesn't mind. This blind fill place I think should be good, I hope, and if not they are close enough to not be a problem. I guess some blind fill places say if you have to come back for adjustment within 2 weeks it will be 50$. so hopefully that will be the case. I love the OCC dr's in Tijuana, very professional, and they do a great job. Thier fills are tops for sure, wish I lived in the area. But for me it's a day off work, babysitting, plus probably like 500$ in flying, parking, ground transport and other fees. I know some places charge almost 400 for a fill, so this 150 place is exciting prospect and I won't have to take off work or get a sitter.

well have a great day all

So glad you found a place closer to home for you fill. Can't wait to hear how wonderful you feel. Now that raspberry concoction sounds yummy and might just hit the spot when I get home from work. Now I get home at midnight and have a yogurt and a banana. I'll get some this week before our next big snow storm expected on Monday. So I gotta pack my boots and extra food to take to work in case I get stuck there. But I think I am going to get out my little cooler and take some yogurts and cottage cheese too, so I will have no excuse to eat out of the vending machines. OK off to exercise before work, before I change my mind. It has not become a habit yet, and once I sit on that recliner, it takes a bulldozer to get me off.tongue.gif