Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's for Breakfast?

I need some Breakfast ideas that DO NOT include milk. I love my shakes but after 2 weeks my stomach hurts and I am so bloated I am uncomfortable. Today I said no shake and will eat, I tried a piece of chicken (very moist) but 2 bites in and I feel almost stuck. So now I haven't any idea what to do.

try something soft like grits or oatmeal.< /p>

in the morning i have eggs with salsa mixed in and a little cheese.< /p>

I have a hard time eating in the mornings, so I usually just have Weight Control Oatmeal. Its easy to get down and it keeps me full longer than regular oatmeal. I usually have a Protein shake with it just to get in my needed Protein, but I use premier Protein shakes that don't have milk in them.

I suggest you talk to your nutritionist for healthy ideas if you don't do shakes well.

Thanks for the great ideas, going to look for the Premier shakes because I enjoy drinking breakfast. But until then oatmeal and grits it is. Or I may be like the karate kid "week on, weak off".

:drool:

I put my vote in for oatmeal too. I put a few almonds and some craisins into it and it is awesome. That or a Protein Shake - I love the premier ones from costco - are pretty much my breakfast staples.

Egg Beaters with 1/8 cup non fat chive cottage cheese. I add the cottage cheese in at the end so that it gets heated up and melty.

I eat 1 packet of regular instant cream, cook it with milk and then add 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 a banana cut up.

I put a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder and mix it in with my oatmeal.

Egg Beaters with 1/8 cup non fat chive cottage cheese. I add the cottage cheese in at the end so that it gets heated up and melty.

That sounds really good:)

I put a scoop of unflavored Protein powder and mix it in with my oatmeal.

Do you mix the Protein in after the oatmeal is cooked or before? does it clump?

That sounds really good:)

Do you mix the Protein in after the oatmeal is cooked or before? does it clump?

I mix it in with the dry oatmeal. Stir it up well then add the hot Water and then mix any small lumps out.

I am lactose intolerant and cannot get food down in the morning (even eggs :drool:). I buy the Muscle Milk (Chocolate) powdered Protein, 26 grams per scoop. I use 8 oz Water and 8 oz Silk soy milk. Initially I used all soy milk, but when I wanted to cut calories I started mixing with water. Holds me till lunch when I can tolerate food. I love the taste too.

Have you tried Morningstar Farms Soy veggie sausage patties? I ate those every morning before my surgery this past Tuesday. They break down nicely so I am assuming that they won't get stuck and you are getting some good Protein for little calories. They are 80 per pattie. I plan on getting back on those in a few weeks when I can eat again. Are hard boiled eggs off the list? I'm kinda craving one and I usually don't.

melissa

I am not a low carber and to me, I've never gotten over the idea that Breakfast is carb time, lol. I like to fuel up at breakfast, and not eat so many carbs later in the day.

I tend to eat oatmeal or muesli a lot - I dont waste my calories on very processed cereals. To me, oatmeal comes as rolled oats and you cook it up in a saucepan, it takes 10 minutes or so. I dont like bread anymore, i can eat toast but for some reason, bread doesnt "taste right" to me anymore and tends to nauseate me. I occasionally have a crumpet with butter and honey for a treat or quite often I'll eat wholegrain crackers with toast spreads - being an aussie, I love my vegemite. I am also quite partial to a bit of smoked salmon rolled around cream cheese in the mornings, and when I have time, poached eggs.

But apart from the smoked salmon, I like flavourless cardboard as you can probably tell. I am not a fan of bacon and strongly tasting foods like that in the morning. I'd happily eat bacon and eggs for dinner but cant come at it early in the day and I really dont care for shakes and such. Cant eat cold yogurt either.

My breakfast this past week has been eggs and bacon or an omelet with green peppers and mushrooms. Interestingly, before my unfill (from being overfilled), I wasn't able to eat eggs at all from the time of surgery right up to the unfill. I don't know what's changed because now at 7cc I can eat eggs...and I can eat breakfast. I used to be too tight in the mornings and would just have a Protein shake.