Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I finally did it!!

I lost 100 pounds!!! I still have 99 to go but 15 months out and I can say I am half way there. I just can't believe it, I worked so hard for this and it finally happened.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! That is fantastic!

I lost 100 pounds!!! I still have 99 to go but 15 months out and I can say I am half way there. I just can't believe it, I worked so hard for this and it finally happened.

Congratulations on your success...you are an inspiration!

Oh, good for you! :thumbup:

Congrats!! Doesn't it feel great!!

That is something to be very proud of!!!!! Yea!!! Congrats!!!!

Thank you everybody for your support, I am actually at 102 pounds lost now YIPPY =)

But I am a little sad, the last time I went in for a fill I had to meet with my dietician and she told me that since I have lost half of my goal that I am probably not going to lose anymore and that the band stops working. Has anybody heard of this? It really put me in a bad mood, isn't she suppose to be there for support? My surgeon was very encouraging he kept saying "we are going to get there together" etc.

I don't know if it is true or not but I am not stopping my whole eating habit is completely different, I don't even look for bad choice's anymore I am always picking out the smallest and healthiest options that are avaliable plus I workout at least 5 days a week.

You go girl... fistpump!

What a bunch of bull!!! I have a friend that lost all her weight, 196 pounds, with the band. I've lost 75 and have 25 to go and I will tell you that it's slowed way down - but I'm still losing. Just continue to make the right food choices and you will be fine! BTW - I'd tell your surgeon what she said.......that's not very good for business!!

I agree with HowdyBooth. I am half way there as well and very much looking forward to hitting that 100lbs loss very soon. (Congratulations by the way!!!) As long as you are eating healthy and exercizing you can get to your ideal weight. Of course it will slow down the smaller you get and the harder you will have to push yourself when you workout. But that doesnt have to do with the lapband. Its all about %'s. If you lose 5lbs in a week when you weigh 300lbs, then that same % of weightloss at 200lbs would only be about 3lbs. The same for the exercizing, when you were 100lbs heavier it burned much more energy to do the same amount of exercize. So you must bump up the time or speed. You will get where you want! Good luck!

Congrats to you, whoo hoo!