Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My band has a leak......

I am so sad. I posted earlier that my Dr was not listening to me about fills. I have had 4 and had no restriction. Last fill I questioned, could there be a leak? He said no. Today he seemed really confused by it. Filled me with 10cc's. I felt nothing. Then he tried to draw Fluid out and there was little there. Went to have an X ray to see what was going on and we could see the dye he was injecting floating all around. There was a leak and all of the 10cc's he injected were gone. So guess where I am headed? Back to surgery. I asked if he filled it up to check for leaks before the surgery was over and he said they do but only once. It must have gotten nicked by a needle after that. I am so depressed.......and mad at him. Why wouldn;t you check for leaks after it is in place?:thumbup:

I am so sad. I posted earlier that my Dr was not listening to me about fills. I have had 4 and had no restriction. Last fill I questioned, could there be a leak? He said no. Today he seemed really confused by it. Filled me with 10cc's. I felt nothing. Then he tried to draw Fluid out and there was little there. Went to have an X ray to see what was going on and we could see the dye he was injecting floating all around. There was a leak and all of the 10cc's he injected were gone. So guess where I am headed? Back to surgery. I asked if he filled it up to check for leaks before the surgery was over and he said they do but only once. It must have gotten nicked by a needle after that. I am so depressed.......and mad at him. Why wouldn;t you check for leaks after it is in place?:thumbup:

From all the surgeries I have watched on You Tube they always check for leaks after they put the band on that is just wrong that they didnt do it...I hope all goes well with you your in my thoughts and prayers.

04948749-FFAB-E84C-90A7-1D94AFDDA05E

Sheer, I hope things get better for you. I also have 4 fills and very little restriction. My restriction was better at 3 fills than now at 4 fills so, I go 2 weeks from today for my 5th fill and I requested to have it checked for leaks because it doesn't seem right that I had more restriction at the 3rd fill and hardly any after the 4th fill. I feel your pain.

I feel your frustration. It is hard I have the opposite problem I might have slippage. I don't know about you a part of me wants the band kept in and the other half is worried about constant problems. In a time when everything is changing for the better you then have a new dilemma on your hands. I have to say I waiver back and forth because the band works but I still think about it over and over again. Goo dluck I have no doubt it will get better for you. Have you thought about maybe switching surgeons..are there others in the same office you can go to because your doc should listen to your instinctions.

do you still trust him to do the surgery? i would be a little worried. good on it i hope they can get things fixed for you. i hate surgery so i feel for you to have to go through it again is terrible,.:thumbup: