Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite foods since being banded?

Since you've been banded what are your favorite foods to eat now since your diets have changed?

Mine is baked cod with twice baked taters made the low fat way. I also crave Beans lol. I could eat them everyday and be a happy camper. I never really was a bean person but now I like them. Weird :thumbup:.

So what are your favorite foods?

Since you've been banded what are your favorite foods to eat now since your diets have changed?

Mine is baked cod with twice baked taters made the low fat way. I also crave Beans lol. I could eat them everyday and be a happy camper. I never really was a bean person but now I like them. Weird :thumbup:.

So what are your favorite foods?

Now that I am on regular foods and have no restriction all food is my favorite food as long as I'm not eating liquids all food is good to me!!! :)

04948749-FFAB-E84C-90A7-1D94AFDDA05E

Okay, this is weird, I love Wendy's chili (small) now. I rarely ate it before being banded, but I could eat it everyday now. It is 190 calories and like 14g of Protein. I also eat a lot more skinless chicken breasts.

home made turkey taco Soup

Turkey meatballs, sauce and cheese.< /p>

Egg salad

wow it all sounds awesome!! :unsure:

Could I get the recipe for the turkey taco Soup?

Could I get the recipe for the turkey taco Soup?

Sure.. it's very easy.

1 lb grnd turkey (try to use 90/10 or better. not all ground turkey is lean.. read the labels!)

1 bag Kroger frozen onions & peppers (or use fresh onions & bell peppers..The bag is 10oz, so I would guess 1/2 cup each of fresh)

2 cans Pinto Beans, drained & rinsed (approx 15 oz)

1 can black Beans, drained & rinsed (approx 15 oz)

2 cans rotel tomatoes (approx 10 oz) (aka tomatoes with green chilies)

1 cup frozen cut corn (OPTIONAL)

1 pkg taco seasoning

1 pkg ranch dressing mix

Water as needed.

Brown turkey and frozen onions/peppers together. Drain. Return to pot. Add remainder of ingredients. Simmer as long as you can stand it. You will need to add a little Water as it is very thick.

Serve as is or with a dollop of sour cream (for those w/o a weight issue) or non fat s. cream or non fat plain greek yogurt for those who are being careful of calories.

The corn does add some high glycemic carbs, but w/o it the soup looses some color appeal. Original recipe called for a whole can of creamed corn.. I backed it down to healthier frozen corn and only 1 cup.

Very forgiving recipe.. you can make all kinds of adjustments according to your needs and it still seems to work.

When I first started cooking with turkey, I added beef bouillon.. now we don't as we have adjusted to the milder taste.

Enjoy!

Also BariatricEating.com has a recipe for a marvelous White chicken Chili. yum yum

OHHHH I can't wait to eat real food again!~ I am 4 days banded...and many weeks away from all this glorious tasting food...it all sounds fabulous :unsure: I am copying these recipes and suggestions!

Yum :crying:

ICECREAM ! just kidding!

I'm with the Wendy's chili crowd ... yum.

home made turkey taco Soup

Mine Too!! I just made some this weekend and it was so good!

I am right there with the Wendy's chili! It is so satisfying to me. I found the recipe for it on line and I will be making some this weekend.

I seem to crave broiled fish now. I ate fish before but now I want it all the time. My tastes have changed over the last year, some things I ate before being banded are not appealing to me anymore, which is a good thing since I was a junk food junkie!

Okay, this is weird, I love Wendy's chili (small) now. I rarely ate it before being banded, but I could eat it everyday now. It is 190 calories and like 14g of Protein. I also eat a lot more skinless chicken breasts.

Me too... I have it several times a week for lunch... right near work. Completely satisfied with a small and it's lunch for less than $2!!!