Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still to tight - please help

So a week ago I had my third adjustment (my second fill was taken out because it was too tight). I am too tight again, or am I

My morning coffee is refluxing and liquids take a while to go through. When I try to eat I chew, and chew and then it gets stuck and I pb.

Does this sound too tight or am I doing something wrong?

I called doctor and staying on liquids until next Wednesday when I go back to see him to an un-fill ( I think)

My suggestions till you see your doc next week:

Don't eat anything after dinner...it makes you tighter in the mornings if you go to bed with food in your pouch (just in case you are a late-night snacker).

Drink 4-6 ounces of Water before bed, then follow it with 2-3 ounces of Aloe Vera juice. It heals anything from top to bottom. Good stuff.

Take a Prilosec or other acid-reducer at least daily, if not twice daily.

Stay on liquids until you go at least a day without PBing, then keep your diet soft mushies at the most until you are seen.

It's possible you are too tight if the reflux causes swelling and the swelling causes PBs, round and round you go. If you do the above things and get any swelling down that WILL go down, you may be able to start fresh. My concern for you is that if it takes 1 PB to get you on this downward spiral, unable to recover, you are too tight.

With the erosions and slippages going on here lately, I'd be very concerned about being too tight. You have 50 pounds to your next goal...keep that band healthy so it will be there for you. Learn not to rely on tight restriction to limit your food. Use your head to eat properly and use your band to help you follow through on a well-balanced diet, because you know it's easier to do it banded, and virtually impossible unbanded. Re-think? Maybe? You tell me if this is an area of needed improvement for you. If not, get unfilled and go back at it!

Hi, I haven't had this happen, but my gut-feeling is you are too tight. Were you losing weight before your fill? Maybe all that needs adjusting is your Patience? I ask this kindly, no offense intended...

Maybe you are just really sensitive to adjustments, and sticking to liquids for a while will smooth things out. I'm glad you are seeing your dr. Take care of your band. Good luck to you and sorry you are having problems, Cindy

If someone is PB'ing (I finally found out the definition), and they are chewing and food is getting stuck, how would they be able to swallow a Prilosec capsule without the same effect? I would think a capsule would be more likely to lodge.

What is aloe vera juice? I've seen hand creams but never a juice. Where do you buy it? Thanks.

At the moment, you are too tight.

Whether or not that is because you have too much fill, or are irritated/swollen from the recent fill, I could not say.

Do you do liquids for a day or two after your fill? That's usually recommended.

If you stay on liquids for five days, and are still too tight after that, then I would recommend a slight unfill.

If after 5 days of liquids you can handle well-chewed food then you're fine, and you're just irritated at the moment.

However, if you cannot tolerate any liquids for more than a day or two, you MUST get an unfill regardless of the reason for being too tight. Either that, or be put on an IV to stay hydrated.

You may have to stay away from the coffee for awhile. Some surgeons say No Coffee for the first 4/6 months. It irritates the stoma. If it has been a week since the fill, it sounds as if you are a bit too tight. I had to have a slight unfill after my 2nd fill, about a month ago, but now think I am at a 'sweet spot'..

If someone is PB'ing (I finally found out the definition), and they are chewing and food is getting stuck, how would they be able to swallow a Prilosec capsule without the same effect? I would think a capsule would be more likely to lodge.

What is aloe vera juice? I've seen hand creams but never a juice. Where do you buy it? Thanks.

Good point about the Prilosec. I have the OTC kind and it's a tablet. In the past I have crushed it in a pill crusher, even though it says not to. If I had caps, I'd dump them into a few ounces of Crystal Light...that's me. Pepcid also makes a chewable with both an antacid and acid reducer. That's handy.

I have purchased Aloe Vera juice at both Wal Mart and Walgreens. It's with the tummy meds, usually on the bottom shelf since it's in a large bottle. It's about 8-10 buckaroos for a gallon, I guess. It's just the insides of Aloe Vera leaves. Not the best tasting stuff in the world but drinkable. I wouldn't mix it with anything to cover the taste because I want the healing effects of the pure juice. So I buck up and drink it.

Donali, how can you say things I want to say so succinctly?!!! I go on and on and on...so, Lauren, what she said!!! :)

Do not open the prilosec capsules and try and put them in anything. I am sure you will get plugged. We use this stuff all the time at the hospital and it clogges our G tubes quicker than anything. They do have a liquid prilosec out now I am not sure you can get it without a script though. Jill

Do not open the prilosec capsules and try and put them in anything. I am sure you will get plugged. We use this stuff all the time at the hospital and it clogges our G tubes quicker than anything. They do have a liquid prilosec out now I am not sure you can get it without a script though. Jill

Good to know, thanks!!!