Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been so tired lately. I work outside of the home and at home I'm a web designer so I get up and get on my computer before I leave in the morning and come home and get back on the computer. I'm too tired in the morning to exercise, when I get home I want to nap so bad. I get a least 8-hours of sleep every night. The house needs to be cleaned so bad but I don't want to do that either. I just want to sit or lay on the couch once I finish on the computer. Could I be lacking Vit B maybe? Any ideas?

You were banded just a short time ago---it's possible your body is still acclimating to your new way of eating. Are you getting enough Protein? I also feel less sluggish after I've had a chance to move. I'm not sure what your definition of "exercising" is, but any movement is good for you, even if only a 15 minute walk in the morning and one in the afternoon or evening. Movement of any kind will get the endorphins going and will help. Are you working with a dietician? If so, you may want to journal your eating for a week and have him/her look at it. You're only 6 weeks out. Our bodies all respond differently. Be sure to continue to get your rest. Try to move a little. Stay hydrated and try to keep as well balanced in your eating as possible. Good luck!

I am so not a morning person. I am currently consulting and work from home so can go to the gym when I want. But that also means I might be emailing my boss data at 11:00 at night like I did yesterday. Does your current employer have a gym that you could use before, during, after work? I chose a gym (that had a pool) that was between me and work. It was far enough from my house that if I went home first I knew I would never ever come back out. So I had to stop on the way home. When I lived closer to my gym I used to tell myself "Sure you can go home but no dinner until you work out." That really motivated me to go to the gym before I went home.

If you start working out you will have more energy. It is so hard to start but so worth it. Start off slow and gradually increase your intensity and/or your duration. You will be amazed at how much better you feel.

When I feel like that (and lets face it, most women do, our lives are so busy), getting out int he fresh air for a run blows those cobwebs away.

its the hardest thing in the world to do, walk out the front door but it really does energise you.

Exercise doesn't require a gym. You can do it at the office.

Take a few coffee breaks during the day and walk around the office; walk up and down a few flights of stairs; park as far from the office as you can; bring a couple of Water jugs to the office and lift/curl them every so often.

you are working terribly hard - i'd start by grabbing some 'me' time, for enforced relaxation (long soaks in the tub, painting your nails etc etc). Exercise can come later. Ruts are too easy to fall in to so dont switch the tv on as soon as you walk in the door - put some music on n tidy yr house to some uplifting tunes now n then! N if fitting in a social life is not possible, grab a glass or three of wine now n then n dance around your lounge! You are not obliged to be exercising big time. you recently had surgery plus a drop in calories, presumably? your body will get into the groove of managing off less - give it time. Maybe someting more relaxing, like pilates/yoga might help tone plus help you park the day? i personally have concerns about heavy people bouncing around too much - knees n other joints need to be taken care of so easy does it is my motto. of course we should endeavour to exercise but it will come more easily to some thsn others. i never did a single thing apart from the odd walk till a game of tennis last week n my skin has shrunk back just fine. i did swing my lil dumbells when the mood took me but it wasnt often. dont beat yourself up but keep an eye on your emotional levels - not being able to 'engage' can be a hint of mild depression - big up to those who are keen on the gym etc but i never was - i hated it, hate swimming and all the messy organising of kit etc. Guess im one of nature's cats - give me a snooze on a sofa anyday - you'll find yr time - just dont beat yourself up as lazy! you sound anything but!!

I'm a bank teller in a very small town, our parking lot is really small and there are no stairs in the tiny building. My work schedule is different every day of every week, so it is so hard building a routine.

I think I am starting to panic on the exercise thing because I go to see my nutritionist next week when I get my first fill. On our first meeting she had us sign a contract stating what we were going to do in terms of exercise. Needless to say I have not done that and I don't want to fess up to it. I have been so super moody and down this week.

I know finding something that gets me moving more will make me feel better and increase my weight loss, I just need to figure out what that is.

Thanks for all of you uplifting words and suggestions, I don't know what I would do without all of you.

You'll relieve yourself of a lot of stress if you stop worrying about what your nutritionist will say by putting on some sturdy shoes and just walking a little bit. It doesn't matter if you walk around your own house, down the block and back a few times, to the mailbox, etc. You will feel SUCH relief when you just do something and stop worrying about being judged. You're PAYING your nutritionist. She's just there to support you. Maybe what you need is to talk with her about how you're feeling and see what she suggests. Just be honest. If she gets mad, remind her you're visiting her for SUPPORT, not judgement. This is all about you. Keep it that way. You've made a huge commitment to yourself already. She just wants to be sure that you're going to follow through....

I feel you. I'm a computer programmer for a hospital system and am in front of a computer most of my waking hours.

Vitamins are incredibly important now. Make sure you're taking a Multivitamin supplement - either liquid or chewable preferred. If you need a little pick-me-up, I know it may sound gimmicky, but check out 5-Hour Energy bottles. They have both regular and Decaf, though the regular only has about the equivalent of a cup of coffee. The boys at work were always raving about them and I thought at first, they're so silly - that' such a gimmick! But then one of them told me it's actually a big boost of liquid B Vitamins - B6, B12, Folic acid and a few minerals. I am very caffeine sensitive, so I was skeptical, but tried it and LOVE them. I usually hit my mid-morning-wish-it-was-nap-time around 9 or 10 am (start working at 7. I get a good 8-10 hours of sleep (I love sleep!) but when I start having a hard time keeping my eyelids open, I take about 1/2 a shot of one and feel way more awake, but not jittery, just normal awake and not sleepy.

Good luck!

I used to not exercise at all. I challenge myself now to increase my exercise by just 5 minutes a week. It's nice to have a goal. Even if you start with 30 minutes for the week- it's a start. You can sneak a 10 minute walk on your lunch break, a 15 minute yoga routine in the morning, walking/jogging/jumping jacks/sit ups while watching a tv program. Feel free to join me on my exercise thread it helps keep me accountable.

What I have found as others have mentioned that the more I exercise the less "lazy" I am... I keep my house cleaner, do chores quicker etc.... I just have more energy.

I do take a B multi, fish oil and Calcium D. They help with energy and mood :)

What worked for me, I work in a much bigger building with steps and all, but I bought a pedometer and instead of emailing people that were in walking distance or "messeging" them I got up and walked to their desk or office, I also parked far back in the parking lot or just got up and got Water, bathroom or whatever more often. I used to say I sit all day long in front of a computer but now I feel like Im up moving so much more..than I track my pedometer and try to get in at least 3-4000 steps a day just doing what I did above. Than I would even take my dog a walk when I got home or during lunch. There is Always a place to walk to or from and there is no excuse for not being able to take even a 10 minute walk.

Hi,

I know how you feel about being tired most days. I work full time and I am a single mom of 4 (2 biological and 2 fosterkids). Their ages go from 14 to 2 months. I am up at 5:30 AM and don't get to bed until about 11 PM. I say this to tell you that i understand about exhaustion and to let you know that i just started to exercise myself. I went to wal-mart and brought one of those recumbant bikes for about $100, and I love it. I started out about 15 minutes a day now I do 20 minutes. I will keep adding on 5 until i get to 45 minutes, but i am not rushing. The exercise actuually makes me feel better and gives me more energy. Take care of yourself .

Exercising is hard to start when you are not used to doing it. I work in a large hospital, I work behind a computer most of the day, but I have started to take those 2 15 minute breaks that I never took before and I go walking thru the hospital. I eat my lunch and then I go for a walk outside, I feel so much better just moving. I also bought a recumbant bike, (I found a display model on sale at Sams) I ride evey night for 30-45 mins. esp. when I have had a stressful day, I get on there and ride my cares away. I don't let myself think about the dusting that needs to be done, or the dishes that need to be washed while on the bike. This is my time. My doctor told me that one reason we become overweight/obese is that often we don't take time for ourselves. Not anymore! You have to tell yourself that I am worth 30 minutes a day! Start slow, maybe you can get some friends to start walking at lunchtime with you, before you know it, you will love the feeling of energy you get after you work out a little. Good Luck!

Remember, You are worth 30 minutes a day! :biggrin: