Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outrageous Octobers

Hello Outrageous Octobers!

I just came home from a fabulous family vacation to an email from my patient advocate that my insurance has approved my surgery and I have a date - 10/8!!!!

I am so excited!!!!

I can not wait to embark on this journey with each of you!

Hugs,

Jane

CONGRATS!!! I can not wait until I am in your situation that I can say I got approved. Still waiting...

Nicole

HELLO ALL,

I AM STILL WAITING FOR INSURANCE APPROVAL. MY PAPERWORK WAS SUMMITED FRI SEPT 10. IF ALL GOES WELL I WILL BE BANDED IN OCTOBER.:thumbup:

Hi everyone!

I'm scheduled for October 5th. I started my 2-week diet today, but mine seems much different from everyone else. I have 2 Protein Shakes per day (breakfast and snack/dessert) and 2 small (lo-fat, lo-carb, high protein) meals per day. So I get real food and don't have to rely on just shakes. I feel so fortunate, but I also feel so bad for all of you that have to take that route.

Getting anxious, but I know time will fly by and I will be in and out of surgery in no time.

Hello Leah I would love to be a Outrageous Octobers, I am getting banded Oct. 4, I am on my second day of pre-opt diet. I live in PA. :thumbup:

I'm getting banded Oct 1st!

Hey, how are you soulsista? Are you fasting? How is it?You will be the first in our little group of October/2010's

I am so glad I found this group it won't be so lonesome going thru this alone. I can talk to my hubby but he don't understand. :thumbup: Looking forward to sharing our new lives together. :)

Hi Everyone...Well much to my surprise I received my approval today. That was much faster then I expected. Most of the pre-op people I have been reading about are on 2 week liquid pre-surgery diets. My Dr. does not require that. I am dieting now but eating normally and I only have a 2 day clear liquid pre-diet. Could you guys tell me what your pre-surgery diet is. My surgery date is October 18th. I am feeling very excited at the prospect of being thin once and for all. I try very hard to be selective about what I read on this website though. Some of the bad stories of slippage etc. can get a little scary... Lets hope for the best for all of us!! Looking forward to sharing our war stories..:rolleyes2:

Edited by Alijacmom

Hey! I'm Oct 1st also!! Can you believe its next Friday =)

Hows your pre op diet going so far?

Hello from Scotland! Loving the age range on here and so glad to meet others being banded in October. I'm having it done on October 13th - not unlucky I hope :rolleyes2:

Hello, I have started my liquid 2 week diet today. My Surgury date is Oct. 6th. I am scared I just hopeing i can do this. HELP anyone. PLus I really don't understand this website.:rolleyes2:

Well today is day 3 of pre-opt diet, and I went to the doctors and hospital and all my registration is done. all ready for Oct. 4 oh and I lost 8 lbs in 2 days. wow

I am new here.

I am getting my surgery October the 6th at 8am. I am so excited!

thank-god someone else don't know what they are doing on this sight. I wrote yesterday and I can't find it. We are all getting down to the wire. Today is my pre-op visit and I start my 14 day fast tomorrow. My 150lb husband of 44 years don't get it either! Thank-ful for this sight!!

Good Morning All,

:thumbup:I am scheduled to be banded on the 15th, but still waiting for approval from my Insurance company:thumbdown:. I am extremely excited!!! What are you guys doing to prepare?

All I can think about is the surgery. My date is October 29th. Hope I can do a 10 day liquid diet. The only people I have told is a couple of close friends (one of which had this done) and my mom. I am afraid to tell my sister becuz she had gastric bypass 5 years ago, and still suffers symptoms (throwing up) and I think she is going to be negative about this when I tell her. I HAVE to tell her though since she is my ride to the hopsital. WHat do I DO?????