Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting a new thread again.... This thread is to motivate us to exercise and get ideas from others. It has been so good for me in getting me off my butt!!!

My goal for this week is 185 minutes.

Monday: 15 strength training in AM

Tuesday: 15 strength training in AM, 35 elliptical in PM

65/185

I set my goal for 150 minutes per week from July 1 to Sept 1. I hit my goal and I am working to see how much more I can do, even though I am going on vacation Saturday.

On vacation we are going to Glacier Park and plan to hike daily and then to our vacation condo at the hot springs in Montana and I plan to swim daily.

Thursday is my 12th session with my trainer and we are going to repeat the testing he did on heart rate capacity, weight, and body fat when I first started. I will see if I have improved.

Hope everyone is doing great this week!

Yesterday and today did 40 minutes of walk/jog on the treadmill. Worked out with my trainer yesterday- 1/2 hour of abs.

I am curious if everyone has been losing more weight since uping their exercise? Also, have you tightened up and are your clothes looser?

I have been exercising about 6 weeks now. My weight loss has not been as good since I started exercising, but I am still losing inches and looking/feeling thinner. I can feel muscles where there weren't any for years.

What are you experiencing?

Froggie- I have a similar experience to you- my weight loss has slowed a lot but this past month have I went down in clothing size and I really see my curves coming back. Also people around me have really taken notice to my changes lately- I've assume the scale will reflect these changes soon enough...

15 strength in AM

30 Minutes Cardio Max PM

110/185

Going on vacation.... so if you don't see me post its because I have no internet access! Have a great exercise filled week!

Thank you for this thread. I NEED motivation big time. I am going to try and do 150 mins per week from now until Sept 13th and then kick it up a notch. Today I did only 10 mins on eliptical BUT did lots of house work and taking trash to the dumpster since I live on 2nd flr had to use stairs soooooo does that count?

So far this week I have done 252 minutes with one day left. I have noticed that I have been losing more weight since I started exercising. This is exercise week #11 for me. I notice that if I slip up on my diet occasionally, the exercise helps me to not gain and still lose weight.

Monkeymama and Froggie- you may not notice the numbers on the scale moving cuz you are building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Keep up the great work! :)

I did cardio 6 days in a row! Yeah me lol. 40 minutes Walk/jog. I also met with my trainer 3 days. This thread is great-it's part of what helps keep me motivated- so I can post it here. The scale has reflected my progress I am happy to say. Keep up the good work everyone!

Very motivating thread; Good to read what others are doing.

I just started back up with Walk Away the Pounds today and plan to start with 3 to 4 times per week.

I do remember when I was consistently exercising, the scale was at a standstill and sometimes went up (muscles)... but I loved how my clothing size was dropping. I've got to do something asap.

Good Luck all.

Back from vacation! How did everyone do this week? I slacked as far as formal exercise but did a lot of walking and swimming so I still feel pretty good. I got a small concussion on Thursday (I am super accident prone) so vigorous exercise is out for a week- but I can still do other stuff. Did 15 mins today stretching and arms...

Goal for this upcoming week: 190 minutes

I did the Walking away the pounds videos and I loved them. I was doing them 5 xs a week. I pulled a muscle and quit but I am going to start back asap

Been keeping up with cardio- but took a day off today because I worked out legs with my trainer. She really kicked my butt- I bet I'll be sore tomorrow.

In last 10 days been to 5 cardio boxing or kick boxing classes. Love it!! Trying to go every other day.