Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After all my problems and the after having my band emptied, I still was unable to keep food down some days. So today I had a barium meal and it showed that all was fine, band in right place, liquid went straight down. this is very good news but doesnt explain my issues with food. I am just happy its not the band.

Jo

That's awesome that it is not slipping hopefully its just a temporary issue your having and you are all better very soon. Best of luck!

Glad to hear your band didn't slip! Do you think you could be eating to fast/not chewing enough?????

I'm glad you got good news about your band not slipping, and hope they figure out what is causing the eating problem.:thumbup:

Its an issue I have had since 1 year after, went from the max of 5.7 in my band down to .5 which is where it is now. We actully think it's my MS causing the issues with my muscle weakness not having the power to push food through. No its not my eating as I have cut out heaps of stuff and even mash potato wouldnt go down. I have had a better 3 days as I have more or less kept myself on liquids til after the barrium. I think my constant vomiting was keeping the stomach irratated and swollen and now I can eat better as that seems to have subsided. Now I feel like a newbie again.

Jo

Jo

Did your tightness subside? This sounds so much like my problem right now!!! I was excited to read someone else had it. I am 2 yrs post op. I have NO Fluid in my band for the last 4 months but have really bad restriction. How long did it take to get better? I am on 6 days now. Its getting old. was there any way to make the swelling go down faster?

Yes it has, I am still careful, but I am getting hungry which I havent in months. I found that being very careful for a few days seems to have done the trick. He also thinks I may have vomit slippage and if I vomit it causes swelling and slippage type issues. Try going down to Fluid type stuff and use Protein shakes. I am going to see how I go for a couple of weeks then maybe have some Fluid but back in but very slowly this time.

Jo