Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your favorite non carbonated beverage?

I am die hard diet Coke fanatic! I need to break that habit right now! So that is it not so hard after my surgery.

Please share what your favorite non-carbonated beverage is! I love variety and hope to find something I like equally as well as my Diet Coke!

Thanks for your input!

coffee... gotta have it every day!

Beyond that I enjoy ice Water, ice tea, Gatorade Zero, Vitamin Water, crystal light, and occasionally some beer or mixed cocktails.

Brad

I'm lucky, I wasn't a soda drinker before my banding. I mostly drink the crystal light drinks...Love the peach, but recently started dring some of the other flavors out there. :rolleyes2:

I love VitaRain Water .. 4 flavors no sugar, no carb, no cals, no carbnation. Comes in Tropical Mango, Raspberry Green Tea, Dragonfruit and strawberry Kiwi. It comes in a case of 24 and can be found at costco. (Kirkland brand)

Also I love my ginger green tea.

Captain Morgan!

Unfortunately, I am bound to get dirty looks while drinking it at work. So, I settle for Water.

I love Water and always have. If I need a little more flavor, I throw in a packet of Crystal Light.

Diet Kirkland (Costco brand) Green Tea with Citrus. The Lipton version is also very good!

I was banded 7/15/10 and prior to surgery I was addicted, I mean ADDICTED to diet sodas. Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Diet Dr. Pepper....Yum. I'm happy to say I haven't had one since my surgery, and don't ever plan to have one again. Now I drink Vitamin Water fruit Punch flavor, and sugar free apple juice. Unfortuneatly I'm not a plain water drinker, never have been.

*high five Trose* we got banded on the same day, lol. Yes I was a big soda drinker as well as a tea drinker, could drink a 2 liter and not think anything about it, gallons of teas as well (see avatar for the result lol) But once I decided I was having the band we just stopped buying cokes, and with the tea we started a few months before surgery by starting with 4 caff tea bags, then the next time 3 caff 1 decaff, next time 2/2, then 1/3 and finally 0/4. Found this way you dont get the hardcore caffine withdrawl headaches. Plus since I was on the liquid pain killer after surgery I think that kept me from feeling those withdrawls and so happy to say since July 15 I have been 100% caffine free and loving it lol.

As to your original question. Anything thing that gets added to Water (crystal light, hawaiian punch (blue), green tea, etc love those packets). When we go out to a restuarant I find ordering Water, extra lemons and 2 packets of Splenda is a great free drink and is satisfing.

Also gatorade is a big one

When i first moved out on my own years ago, I switched to crystal light because it was more economical. I also enjoy propel Water but there are calories in that. Ice water or unsweetened iced tea with lemon and splenda. And of course coffee. There's no way you can tell a night nurse to stop drinking coffee!! LOL Right now I love making iced coffee, just brew stronger coffee and add skim milk. I don't have it everyday but it's a nice treat and allows a dairy serving.

I was a die hard diet coke fan also, After surgery I made the change to Powerade Zero,electrolytes and vitiman B's. Why not switch to something that actually has some healthy stuff in it ............

I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE Sobe drinks..... there is the LifeWater, and and the Sobe LEAN. (Regular Sobe drinks have calories!)

I hate Water, but when it is 100 degrees outside, it goes down with less complaint. I usually buy bottled Water or the gallon jugs though because I can take the chemicals in the tap water.

And yes, I am a recovering Diet Coke addict. I have not had a Diet Coke for almost a year and there are still days when I would give anything to have a good, cold Diet COke.

viking_girl, i'm a Sobe fanatic as well! I drink the 0 calorie lifewater, and now the kids love it too. It's funny, when i first started drinking it after being a die-hard soda drinker, it tasted kind of...not bland, exactly, maybe thin is a better word? But now that I've been a few weeks without soda, I guess my tastebuds have readjusted and they're so delicious!

Hello.. I keep the fridge stocked with plenty of bottled Water, Powerade Zero's, and I drink unsweet tea w/ splenda. Also coffee and I make my own sf iced coffee every day.. Gotta have one of those and a protien shot every day!! lol :thumbup: Hope these ideas help!!

I'm a big Lipton iced tea drinker (with sweet n low)

I make it with good old fashoned tea bags for the best taste. The teas that are pre-made just don't taste very good to me.

decaffinated tea with mint extract (1/4 tsp per gallon) and Splenda. I also drink Minute Maid Lite with Splenda sweetened strawberries. Both are very yummy!